Page 103 of 233 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Only from the die hard LGBT crowd who believe an LGBT actor / actress can play anyone but only an LGBT actor / actress should be allowed to play a gay character. Or the homophobes but who cares about them. Its charisma and acting. Neil Patrick Harris did an amazing job playing a hetero womanizer on How I Met Your Mother. Tatiana Maslany did amazing playing both hetero and lesbian characters on Orphan Black. Eliza Taylor does great on The 100 playing a bi (but mostly lesbian) character on The 100 even though she is straight.

Whoever gets the role is going to have to have tremendous charisma in the role to keep it from failing hard so they have to go with best available.
    Or getting closer to the Arrowverse, pretty much everyone loves Chyler Leigh as Alex Danvers on Supergirl. But as Greg Berlanti has pretty much committed to hiring a lesbian he would come off badly if at this point in time
    if he hired a straight actor. Sort of has painted himself into a corner.

I feel like it is a big shame to see Ruby go because of how committed she seemed to the role and how much of a big break it was for her...and how she seemed to persevere against all the unjust hate and vitriol that was thrown at her and the show. I honestly believe that she was genuinely really growing as an actress over the course of the series, and the current episode is absolute proof of that in my opinion. But if there were physical difficulties that made it difficult to keep the role, then I completely understand.

But, even with that in mind, having to recast the lead for your show for it's second season is not an ideal situation.

I'm curious if they'll try and recast with someone who physically resembles Ruby or someone who will play the character exactly like Ruby did. I guess for consistencies sake they would want to keep her current characterization going, but will a new actress also means a new kind of Kate Kane?

And, yeah, I'm all for casting the best actress for the job but if your show is about a lesbian, she should be played by a lesbian.

Mighty Member

Wonder how difficult it's going to be to recast during this quarantine?

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Honestly? Probably not that bad. If they don't contact one of their other initial top choices, they could easily do group chat script readings.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

This is real crap news that Ruby has left. I wonder why? I really hope this does not affect the show as I want it to go on for many more seasons as I love Batwoman.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I.....do not know what to say.....I most certainly do not know if I will be able to keep watching. We lost freaking Ruby Rose !

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...ason-2-1295227

This is very surprising; not too many leads walk away from their show, especially after 1 season.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Cakewalk. Many actresses would sell their soul for a break. Especially a lead role

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Cakewalk. Many actresses would sell their soul for a break. Especially a lead role
    And when it's so difficult to get a job in your profession. The problem will be choosing among too many qualified candidates.

Hate the news, I liked Ruby in this role, she felt great as Batwoman. But you gotta do what you gotta do, whatever her reason is for walking. I wish her the best.

I assume they'll probably recast with one of the other candidates they were considering before Ruby. We got a list of who was all vying for the role last time?

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    This is very surprising; not too many leads walk away from their show, especially after 1 season.

You'd think that. But how many actors/actresses have walked away from these Berlanti DC shows? They need to cast someone that wants to be there.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JamesonAnders View Post
    Seems remarkably easy to me. What is the part that makes it difficult?
    I thought I made it pretty clear what I thought might make it difficult. It's not difficult for you? Well done. Kudos. You're awesome!

Another out of the box idea: Bring Sara over from Legends to be Batwoman. Kate dies or disappears for some reason. Gotham needs a Batwoman. Sara steps in and can do so credibly given her background and it gives some actual Batman connections given her time with Ra's Al Gul.

Legends has been all about a rotating team and its such an ensemble show at this point they could lose Sara and be fine. Caty Lotz isn't lesbian as far as I know but her character is bi so it still fills the idea that Batwoman is lesbian since other than a one night fling with Constantine she has been lesbian only for years.

Another out of the box idea: Bring Sara over from Legends to be Batwoman. Kate dies or disappears for some reason. Gotham needs a Batwoman. Sara steps in and can do so credibly given her background and it gives some actual Batman connections given her time with Ra's Al Gul.

Legends has been all about a rotating team and its such an ensemble show at this point they could lose Sara and be fine. Caty Lotz isn't lesbian as far as I know but her character is bi so it still fills the idea that Batwoman is lesbian since other than a one night fling with Constantine she has been lesbian only for years.
    I'd rather see an actual Batfamily character take over the show then Sara.

Batwoman is Kate Kane, even if she has to now have a different face. Whoever takes over the role will still be playing Kate Kane.

If they wanted to do a White Canary show, that's fine, but Sara Lance cannot be Batwoman.

Such a shame to see her leave. Batwoman rapidly became my favourite part of the Arrowverse over the course of it's first season and Ruby's brilliant portrayal was definitely a part of that.

I saw someone earlier in the thread compare this to Eccleston leaving Doctor Who after one season and much as I loved his Doctor (still my favourite of the New Series ones) this is going to be tougher to follow up.

In DW's case he'd only had 13 episodes and the show had an inbuilt established method for replacing him.

Whereas here Ruby has had twenty episodes of just her own series, never mind the other eps from this years crossover and the last. Plus due to being in the previous year's one the character/actress combo has been established longer. And unless Kate is secretly a time lord () the replacement need to be someone who looks, sounds and plays the role similarly enough to be a believably the same person while still needing to establish herself as having something new.

It's a tall order and I don't envy whichever actress has to step up to the job as the difficulty will be incredible, but hopefully the reward in playing such a great character would make it worth it.

BANNED

Sorry to hear that, but whatever the reasons are wish her the best. Batwoman is my fav CW show right after Legends and both are the only ones still on my must see as soon as possible.

Would hope that we avoid the bullshit we got with her casting this time, but I think certain Youtubers for example are already getting ready to post their lies.