Page 88 of 233 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I am sorry, but leaving gaps for the viewers to explain away things isn't good writing.
    What's wrong with it, then? Having viewers infer things is wrong?
    Last edited by Caivu; 02-27-2020 at 08:28 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    How many people does she get to kill before you stop her, Kate?
    Yep.

Kate letting Alice go free to commit murder repeatedly is morally dubious at best. Kate putting her personal feelings about Beth/Alice above the lives of everyone else doesn't make her seem too heroic.

Also if Kate believed Alice would be killed then she could always imprison her like she did with Alice goon earlier on or like the Flash did with his villains in the pipeline. Everyone is on one Earth so I'm sure Kate could just call Barry/Kara/Diggle, ect and say can we put my criminal homicidal sister in a Argus prison/the pipeline/DEO cell

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Kate putting her personal feelings about Beth/Alice above the lives of everyone else doesn't make her seem too heroic.
    If she only had Alice to deal with, this might hold water, but she's clearly demonstrated heroism multiple other times.

Also if Kate believed Alice would be killed then she could always imprison her like she did with Alice goon earlier on
    No, she couldn't. At that time, Kate was still trying to restore Beth's personality, and believed the process had to be willing on Alice's part. Holding her prisoner wasn't going to help that. She can't do it now because the gang will just attack the building.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    What's wrong with it, then? Having viewers infer things is wrong?
    I think it depends on the extent the writers leave it up to the viewers to come up with.
    If she only had Alice to deal with, this might hold water, but she's clearly demonstrated heroism multiple other times.
    Well, Alice is her biggest threat and the biggest danger in Gotham, so while she has had success in other areas, she can't seem to wrangle the big fish.
    No, she couldn't. At that time, Kate was still trying to restore Beth's personality, and believed the process had to be willing on Alice's part. Holding her prisoner wasn't going to help that. She can't do it now because the gang will just attack the building.
    I don't think Alice has told anyone in her gang that she was locked up in Wayne Tower. I'm not sure if she was even aware that's where the Batcave is.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Alice has told anyone in her gang that she was locked up in Wayne Tower. I'm not sure if she was even aware that's where the Batcave is.
    It wouldn't be hard to figure out if it happened again. If Alice goes missing and neither the Crows nor the GCPD announce her capture or death, the next possibility is that Kate has her.
    Last edited by Caivu; 02-27-2020 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Kate letting Alice go free to commit murder repeatedly is morally dubious at best. Kate putting her personal feelings about Beth/Alice above the lives of everyone else doesn't make her seem too heroic.
    Hasn't fully embraced the hero deal yet. Plus, she's seeing Alice through rose-tinted-glasses, unwilling to accept the sister from her childhood is too far gone. This causes her to hold back during fights too.

As for all the harm Alice causes, I see it as being like homework, Kate plans to eventually do something more serious about it, but keeps putting it off to the last minute.

It wouldn't be hard to figure out if it happened again. If Alice goes missing and neither the Crows nor the GCPD announce her capture or death, the next possibility is that Kate has her.
    I was wondering how the heck the gang would connect this all back to Kate until I remembered she'd waltzed into the group unmasked on Alice's leave, and the gang has probably heard some of the "sister talk."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Hasn't fully embraced the hero deal yet. Plus, she's seeing Alice through rose-tinted-glasses, unwilling to accept the sister from her childhood is too far gone. This causes her to hold back during fights too.

Kate really didn't think this stuff through.
    As for all the harm Alice causes, I see it as being like homework, Kate plans to eventually do something more serious about it, but keeps putting it off to the last minute.
    I think we are way past the point of Kate embracing being a hero. I think that got solidified by Crisis. As did, you would think, her hating Alice, but I guess it's just not that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think we are way past the point of Kate embracing being a hero. I think that got solidified by Crisis. As did, you would think, her hating Alice, but I guess it's just not that simple.
    I've only gotten as far as ep 10 at this point (I like to binge a few at a time). All I can say is the writers probably have to work around how to keep Alice active and around, since the actress is probably signed-on for all of season 1.

Kate never hates Alice in the comics though, although in the comics Alice hasn't killed or attempted to kill any of Kate's family that I recall. In the comics Batwoman gets straight to any Alice problems as soon as they appear, and keeps her in custody either herself, or at one point in an asylum in Europe - though lately herself.

Something fun I found on the Batwoman Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BatwomanTV/...t_in_progress/
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Mighty Member

Sophie's mom is annoying.

I think I’m going to drop this show; it’s turning into “all about Alice,” just what I was afraid of. Wake me when season 2 rolls around.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I think I’m going to drop this show; it’s turning into “all about Alice,” just what I was afraid of. Wake me when season 2 rolls around.
    I feel exactly the same. I watched the last half hour today. Alice goes anywhere she wants, people just stand there until she hits them. And the crazy family crap got old early on.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Amazing Member

I have to agree this show is miles better when it just Kate, Luke, Mary and Sophie IMO. I'm tired of Mad Alice I wish they had let her die and kept Beth around.

Wow, Kate and Sophie were so happy. It's a good look for them .

I'm kind of surprised they haven't put echolocation in the cowl at this point when it seems like such an obvious feature. Which makes me wonder, who is the best costume whiz of the Arrowverse? Cisco? Luke? Ray? Winn? Brainy? Or the OG, Lucius Fox?

How many dead girlfriends did Bruce have to rack up in this universe before he stopped dating? Then again, Ollie had 2-3 random girlfriends other then Felicity, so I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce had a Julie Madison, Silver St. Cloud, or even a Vicki Vale to give Bruce some CW relationship drama while they drag out his relationship with Catwoman across several seasons.

I never expected to see Kate fiddling with her mask/wig like a girl on her first date. I guess being in love will do that for you.

They mention Harvey Dent, but not him being Two-Face? Did they think it would make Duela's turn to the psychotic and obsession with her face too obvious? I mean, c'mon, Two-Face had to be the Big Bad of the second season of this Batman's show.

The way Duela was scarring people's faces made it look like she was giving them a grin like Heath Ledger's Joker. Granted, she did pretend to to be The Joker's Daughter in the comics, and her face getting completely ripped off was something Joker's Daughter got hit with in the New 52.

I'm not sure I like someone using Batman to prop up conservative values.

Y'know, if Kate were a popular socialite like in the comics, she would probably know all these things Mary is talking about. She also probably wouldn't need to have to investigate stuff as a real estate agent.

That poor therapist. I think he would've been a nice addition to the Wonderland Gang.

Mary really wants in on Team Batwoman, except she wants Kate to just tell her instead of just revealing that she knows. Although Kate forgot to use her voice modulator when they talked in the clinic, so...

Sophie realized she left her car there and the Crows can run her plates and realize that was her running from a crime scene with Batwoman right? Although I guess Jacob would shrug it off because he already knows Sophie is working with Batwoman.

I know Superheroes leave crooks for the police all the time, but in hindsight it probably would have been smart to leave someone behind to make sure Duela didn't escape. Which, granted, she didn't, but still.

I dunno, that scene with Batwoman and Sophie at the end seemed more like a "maybe," but both of them seemed to treat it like a breakup. I guess neither would really be satisfied with just a costume booty call.

Sounds like the Crows are going to turn out to be as corrupt as the GCPD. Might be good for Jacob to be able to come off his high horse a little.

I see Sophie's mom went to the same school of bigotry as Maggie Sawyer's dad, where they're disappointed in their child's sexuality because it makes life even "harder" for them. Oh come off it .

I love how Fear Toxin has a Scarecrow logo on it. Because Crane is all about that branding .

Looks like we have the Kane's finding out Alice is alive finally dealing with Cartwright, while Alice goes through another psychotic break courtesy of Fear Toxin.

I'm glad we got to see a little more of who Sophie is. Long overdue.
    I knew her telling her mother was going to be harsh but there wasn't an ounce of sympathy or care.

I wish Kate just told Mary who she was, although Mary trying to find a way to help her was cute. Think she (Mary) is becoming one of my Arrowverse favorites.

It took me the entire episode to realize Duela Dent wasn't a new character for the show.

Curious as to where this Fear Toxin stuff is going to go. Scarecrow 2.0?