Page 80 of 233 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So..

spoilers:
    Jacob's out and back at the Crows.

Sophie looks like she's trying to pick up a date.

Kate moonlights as a bartender for her own bar.

Kate and Alice team-up to defeat Nocturna.
    end of spoilers

These are so goofy and ill-fitting for the show. I love it .
    I like to think that Kate would send the 'Infinite Earths' card to Kara

Oh, if they had to change the cowl-look yet again, they should at least put some fabric on the neck so her throat doesn't look exposed IMO.

It's still season 1 and they've changed her look at least twice already, (not counting the transition from Batman's altered suit to her own Batwoman suit). Some more consistency would be nice. Suit/cowl changes are usually a season to season thing.

Final watched the latest episode. Pretty close to done with this show. Bringing in Beth is interesting but Alice getting the better of everyone, partly because there are so many idiots in Gotham, is getting silly. But come on, her escape was stupid in so many ways and the one step ahead of everyone is tiresome. Also she is annoyining. This is a problem with a shows that need to keep villains going for the whole season. But the other shows didn't hit this snag with the first season.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Final watched the latest episode. Pretty close to done with this show. Bringing in Beth is interesting but Alice getting the better of everyone, partly because there are so many idiots in Gotham, is getting silly. But come on, her escape was stupid in so many ways and the one step ahead of everyone is tiresome. Also she is annoyining. This is a problem with a shows that need to keep villains going for the whole season. But the other shows didn't hit this snag with the first season.
    To be honest, none of the shows introduced their Big Bad so early into their first season as Batwoman did. Most of them made their first appearance in the mid-season finale's.

To be honest, none of the shows introduced their Big Bad so early into their first season as Batwoman did. Most of them made their first appearance in the mid-season finale's.
    Perhaps that was a mistake.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Alice's arc should've been over by the mid-season finale.
    Or at least her stint as a Big Bad.

She is interesting and entertaining, but she can't carry a whole season.

I think the only season long Arrowverse Big Bads people responded well too and didn't get tired of were Zoom and Prometheus.

Yeah, what helped with those 2 was the whole "Guess the identity" spiel. With Alice, not even that was done, her purpose and identity was revealed in the very first episode.

(Plus, as crazy as Alice is, she has nothing on Adrian. That guy was just so utterly bat-**** insane and obsessed, I still can't really put it into adequate words. Best "Love to hate" villain from the Arrowverse, by far :P)

I'm not entirely convinced Alice really is the big bad. Safiya was name-dropped a while back. In the comics Alice has once served as a distraction from the bigger bad as it were.

Anyway, Dr Wells was highlighted as suspicious in the Flash pilot, and Kara's aunt was also shown to be a threat at the end of the Supergirl pilot. So they were introduced right from the start, the heroes just didn't start fighting them so soon.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 02-16-2020 at 05:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    I'm not entirely convinced Alice really is the big bad. Safiya was name-dropped a while back. In the comics Alice has once served as a distraction from the bigger bad as it were.

Anyway, Dr Wells was highlighted as suspicious in the Flash pilot, and Kara's aunt was also shown to be a threat at the end of the Supergirl pilot. So they were introduced right from the start, the heroes just didn't start fighting them so soon.
    Even if someone is behind Alice in some way or another, she's still effectively the Big Bad of season 1 unless they reveal the true mastermind before the last episode (which I'm not exactly expecting). If we get Safiyah or Knife as a Big Bad, it will probably be in season 2.

Wells was around at the beginning but, as you allude to, Barry didn't fight Reverse-Flash until the mid-season finale (which is what I was getting at). Merlyn also didn't dress up as Dark Archer in his first appearance either. But it wasn't a season-long conflict of their respective nemesis fighting them as it has been with other Big Bads.

The thing with Supergirl is the Big Bad they introduce at the start almost never turns out to be the "real" Big Bad or the Final Boss.

Okay, I'm done, the episodes just get dumber and dumber. I could list all the stupid crap, but whats the point.
    I'll probably just watch the finale.

Mighty Member

Nice ending. Sure did look like there were going to kill off Alice for good.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Okay, I'm done, the episodes just get dumber and dumber. I could list all the stupid crap, but whats the point.
    At least Kate picked the right Beth, even if it didn't last.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

If you think it's so stupid (for whatever reason) why bother coming back? You clearly don't like it.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    If you think it's so stupid (for whatever reason) why bother coming back? You clearly don't like it.
    Just curious how they end the season.