Page 200 of 202 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202 LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 3026

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

  1. #2986
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    71,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    At this point, I'm half expecting for them to say that Ryan is a secret love child of a Wayne, so they can justify still using Wayne Towers.
    Now that you mention it, without Kate's real estate day job, what is their cover for using Wayne Tower?

  2. #2987
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    4,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    At this point, I'm half expecting for them to say that Ryan is a secret love child of a Wayne, so they can justify still using Wayne Towers.
    This writers room needs ideas. Be careful what you float out there for them to snipe.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  3. #2988
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that you mention it, without Kate's real estate day job, what is their cover for using Wayne Tower?
    Is a cover even needed?

    Between Luke being a tech guy (and working with Bruce) and Mary being a “cousin” to Bruce via Kate, I’m sure they can figure a cover out, if needed.

    Luke was actually there before Kate.

  4. #2989
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    71,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Is a cover even needed?

    Between Luke being a tech guy (and working with Bruce) and Mary being a “cousin” to Bruce via Kate, I’m sure they can figure a cover out, if needed.

    Luke was actually there before Kate.
    Isn't Luke officially the head of Wayne Tower security? Not that he seems to do a good job.

  5. #2990
    Mighty Member 90'sCartoonMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lala Land
    Posts
    1,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At the very least I think Kate should probably train Ryan after they make it clear Ryan couldn't actually beat her in a fight.
    The problem with that is you'd have to come up with a reason why Kate is fit enough to train Ryan but not fit enough to be Batwoman.

    Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Yeah, I would've hated if they had gone with any of those routes. I understand fans of Kate not being happy, but accepting that she can't come back to the mantle since they've invested in a new lead ending with her riding off into the sunset with a new mission is the best way to leave her story. It wouldn't have made sense for her to just outright not be mentioned at all and it would've been disrespectful to just kill her offscreen/turn her into a villain. And it leaves the door open for her to return to either aid/train/replace Ryan should the need arise.
    The fact that the door is still open makes me wonder if I'll be satisfied or if I'll think whatever is happening with Kate is a better story than what's happening with Ryan.

    Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Robin Givens is joining the cast....
    https://www.superherohype.com/tv/500...woman-season-3
    Isn't her name supposed to be Jezebel Jet or am I thinking of a different character?

  6. #2991
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    71,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Isn't her name supposed to be Jezebel Jet or am I thinking of a different character?
    Probably the same character in spirit, but not name.

    Ironically she was a dark-skinned redhead in the comics...

  7. #2992
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,301

    Default

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/ruby-rose...112349149.html

    Ruby Rose was allergic to latex apparently.

    The more was gonna come out eventually as to why she bounced.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/TaurianFilms

  8. #2993
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    3,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This writers room needs ideas. Be careful what you float out there for them to snipe.
    Let them. They've lost me on this show; let them run it even further into the ground.

  9. #2994
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    3,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/ruby-rose...112349149.html

    Ruby Rose was allergic to latex apparently.

    The more was gonna come out eventually as to why she bounced.
    It really bugs me when someone writes an article about a show and can't even be bothered to get the character's name right. It's KATE Kane, not Katy.

    If this was the reason, I really don't know why they didn't put this out before when she first left. It's a serious medical reason, and completely understandable why she wouldn't want to continue.

  10. #2995
    Extraordinary Member Caivu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    8,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    If this was the reason, I really don't know why they didn't put this out before when she first left. It's a serious medical reason, and completely understandable why she wouldn't want to continue.
    They might not have felt the need to. It was already public information that Rose mentioned in an interview in September 2019 (about 1:20-2:06):



    (This is why it puzzles me that everyone is acting like this is news)
    Last edited by Caivu; 07-18-2021 at 08:28 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

    Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow



    Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

  11. #2996
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    It really bugs me when someone writes an article about a show and can't even be bothered to get the character's name right. It's KATE Kane, not Katy.

    If this was the reason, I really don't know why they didn't put this out before when she first left. It's a serious medical reason, and completely understandable why she wouldn't want to continue.
    Unless it took time for the allergic reaction to build up, why didn't she bolt right at the start of production? If that had happened, a new Kate would have been found and we wouldn't have had all of this second-season craziness (despite a fine effort from Javicia Leslie).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  12. #2997
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    3,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Unless it took time for the allergic reaction to build up, why didn't she bolt right at the start of production? If that had happened, a new Kate would have been found and we wouldn't have had all of this second-season craziness (despite a fine effort from Javicia Leslie).
    I think it did take time to build up. Remember, they altered the costume about 2/3 of the way through the season, giving her a half-cowl and leaving her neck inexplicably exposed.

  13. #2998
    Extraordinary Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,644

    Default

    I doubt her allergy was any kind of deciding factor - Flash has had a dozen costumes. Since the Batsuit was some miracle fabric anyway, they could have made one with natural fibers or something other than latex, no?

  14. #2999
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,301

    Default

    So is she trying to save face now?

    I mean health > all else. But why be so vauge about it when she told the show to kick rocks. Again, this could of course been her wanting to be private about a health matter which is well within her rights to do so.

    Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut on the fan side of things, its like, bro why didn't you just say, hey the suit is making me sick and we can't find an alternative so I can't do this anymore. It would have saved months of vitriol slung Ruby's way and they both would have came out smelling like a....wait for it.....Rose.....

    Both sides could say they tried, they just couldn't find a way to make it work. Boom. Done. We are all understanding and we move on.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/TaurianFilms

  15. #3000
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    4,119

    Default

    Ruby Rose is gone and the extension and further explanation of said reason(s) is now moot. She is gone. Lets move on.

    I'd really like to have Wallis Day appear a few times next season to make good on her "search for Bruce" and stop in National City. I know articles say she is gone but I'm going to hold out just in case.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •