Page 31 of 233 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

This might be why the lead actress couldn't make it to comic con.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    At a guess, I think it's because her acting is mostly reserved, along with many of her roles (she's even said in recentish interviews that Kate Kane has probably the widest emotional range of any role she's had). Not necessarily anything to do with writing, and not necessarily a better or worse style of acting than any other. But to many, that sort of style comes across as low-energy or lacking charisma, even though it's way closer to how most real people behave.

I think another part is a more general tendency for people to exaggerate; in this case, if an actor isn't Oscar or Emmy quality then, well, they're automatically complete garbage. No nuance.
    Oh, now which interview was it, if I can be bothered I'll find it again though I think it is linked in one of the many links in this thread - in the interview she said she previously could only get cast in roles that were bad-ass-types that weren't very deep. It goes further, though this bit might from another interview further back - where she said she couldn't get cast for any acting roles in her home country, so that's why she went to the US.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 09-27-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Oh, now which interview was it, if I can be bothered I'll find it again though I think it is linked in one of the many links in this thread - in the interview she said she previously could only get cast in roles that were bad-ass-types that weren't very deep. It goes further, though this bit might from another interview further back - where she said she couldn't get cast for any acting roles in her home country, so that's why she went to the US.
    They probably look at all the tattoos and assume she served time in prison or is ganged up. She did indeed play a convict in Orange is the New Black (and we got to see all of her tattoos). She doesn't look the type to be a lead
    in a romantic comedy even if she is the sweetest person in the world. I kind of think if she were to get roles in those sorts of movies people would have a better opinion of her acting skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    They probably look at all the tattoos and assume she served time in prison or is ganged up.
    That wouldn't have been the case in Australia though, she is a very well known as a celebrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    She did indeed play a convict in Orange is the New Black (and we got to see all of her tattoos). She doesn't look the type to be a lead
    in a romantic comedy even if she is the sweetest person in the world. I kind of think if she were to get roles in those sorts of movies people would have a better opinion of her acting skills.
    Her role in OITNB was her breakout role, after that she got a whole bunch of roles in action movies in the same year. Anyways, I think it was last year, apparently she got some tattoos removed for work reasons.

Anyway, I have no problem with her acting, the things I've seen her in were fine. Her accent slipped a bit in Elseworlds, but I don't watch CW shows expecting amazing acting - if I did, I wouldn't enjoy any of the Arrowverse shows.

Oh, and apparently she was nearly paralysed doing stunts (months ago): https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/09/28/...-neck-surgery/
    But she's okay now, which is good.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 09-29-2019 at 06:21 AM.

I just saw Part 2 of the Elseworlds Crossover on Netflix with my first look at Batwoman. It could be promising although it is going to be another Batman show without Batman. I'll definitely watch as long as it gets put on Netflix. Other than not, not much to say yet. Too bad that, so far, Batwoman and Supergirl are in different settings but maybe that will be the whole point of the Crisis, to merge everything, including Supergirl's world, into the same reality as the Arrow/ Flash world.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I just saw Part 2 of the Elseworlds Crossover on Netflix with my first look at Batwoman. It could be promising although it is going to be another Batman show without Batman. I'll definitely watch as long as it gets put on Netflix.
    It won't be on Netflix, but will be on HBO Max and the CW's own free app.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Batwoman and Supergirl are in different settings but maybe that will be the whole point of the Crisis, to merge everything, including Supergirl's world, into the same reality as the Arrow/ Flash world.
    There are plans for the two to team-up outside of the annual cross-overs, so probably their Earths will merge. Melissa Benoist is going to guest-star in season 1 of Batwoman outside of the COIE cross-over (but they will also team-up during COIE).

Rolling Stone:

"With a cast more diverse than in any of the Caped Crusader’s big-screen vehicles and the sui generis magnetism of Rose in the lead, it’s a top-to-bottom rejuvenation of the bat-mythos."

"https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-f...twoman-891762/

And a new interview:

https://twitter.com/BUILDseriesNYC/s...32808971403264
    Last edited by Caivu; 09-30-2019 at 11:58 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Try this link:

And another:

Quick Promo:

This one is a snippet interview with some cast members: https://twitter.com/BatwomanBR/statu...01668864663553
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 09-30-2019 at 06:56 PM.

so is Ms. Rose okay, health-wise? hopefully she'll get enough recovery time.

Fantastic Member

Looking forward to this Batwoman series. I've had to drop Gotham, Arrow, and Flash (all DC shows I've liked) several seasons ago, due to having way too many shows to watch. But, this series will be easier to get into since it's just now starting (soon). I have a strong feeling I'll like the show.

Great choice to cast Ruby Rose as the lead. She's definitely got a sexy toughness that I suspect will work well for this role. I liked her in OITNB, and I've seen her in some films subsequently. It will be interesting to see if she keeps her original Australian accent for the show - thought I doubt it.

Too bad she needed to get some of her tattoos removed (unless they were fake ones, which it doesn't sound like they were). And, glad to hear she's recovered from the stunt work accident she had a while back - it sounded harrowing. I can easily see how stunt people get seriously hurt/killed doing this type of thing - very dangerous.
    Last edited by ROM Spaceknight; 10-01-2019 at 08:17 AM.

Another Interview:

So sounds like they changed the cowl because the actress was allergic to the first one. Also seems like her major injury might have happened during the Pilot.

Dougray Scott (Jacob Kane) Interview:
    https://twitter.com/BatwomanBR/statu...38363477151744

As someone pointed out on another forum, something strange is going on with IMDB, their description seems to be trolling Batwoman. Hacked?
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8712204/
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 10-01-2019 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    As someone pointed out on another forum, something strange is going on with IMDB, their description seems to be trolling Batwoman. Hacked?
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8712204/
    Not hacked, just vandalized. Pretty sure anyone with an IMDB account can make edits.

Not hacked, just vandalized. Pretty sure anyone with an IMDB account can make edits.
    Well that's stupid. Some people are so petty. Didn't know IMDB was like a wiki though, where anyone can edit.