Page 71 of 233 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nice to see we can look forward to more Batwoman .
    Looking forward to seeing what non-Bruce Wayne Bat-Characters they’ll be adding into the show for the new season.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Looking forward to seeing what non-Bruce Wayne Bat-Characters they’ll be adding into the show for the new season.
    I'm not sure who they have access to.

At best I think a supporting character like Leslie Thompkins, but they've already made Mary into a millennial version of her.

Stephanie Brown? Harper Row?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I'm not sure who they have access to.

At best I think a supporting character like Leslie Thompkins, but they've already made Mary into a millennial version of her.

Stephanie Brown? Harper Row?
    That is the bigger question. Trying to nail down who they can and cannot use.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    As if it was ever in doubt.

Makes you wonder where some people's standards are: Two straight actresses playing lesbian/bi characters - nothing to see here. Lesbian actress playing a lesbian character - nooo! She's not gay enough for the role!

As for Nicole Maines, I didn't witness the controversy - did some people not like a transgender actress playing a transgender character? I like Dreamer in Supergirl.
    I don't recall there ever being a problem with a transgendered actress playing the role; I seem to recall that some people felt she was too pretty to play the part. Kind of like how Ruby wasn't gay enough.

I may be mis-remembering, though. But I do have vague memories of some people complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    That is the bigger question. Trying to nail down who they can and cannot use.
    I would think that they wouldn't be allowed to use the big main characters- Batman, Robin, Gordon, et all. But they could probably use newer, more minor characters like Harper Row (which would be a great fit for the show), Stephanie Brown (which I would absolutely love) and others. Cassandra Cain is probably off the board for the time being due to the Harley Quinn movie coming out.

I was watching some behind the scenes videos for Crisis, and it was said that apparently there are legal reasons as to why they can't show a live-action Batman on TV, but they are allowed to use Bruce Wayne. I wonder if that is a mandate from Warner Brothers, or if maybe there is still some contractual obligations left over from Batman '66.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I would think that they wouldn't be allowed to use the big main characters- Batman, Robin, Gordon, et all. But they could probably use newer, more minor characters like Harper Row (which would be a great fit for the show), Stephanie Brown (which I would absolutely love) and others. Cassandra Cain is probably off the board for the time being due to the Harley Quinn movie coming out.

I was watching some behind the scenes videos for Crisis, and it was said that apparently there are legal reasons as to why they can't show a live-action Batman on TV, but they are allowed to use Bruce Wayne. I wonder if that is a mandate from Warner Brothers, or if maybe there is still some contractual obligations left over from Batman '66.
    Fox was the producers of the 1966 Batman TV series which aired on ABC and Fox couldn't even use Batman on the Gotham TV show when it aired on Fox.. (Though Gotham was produced by Warner Bros.) Probably more of thing of the movie side of Warner Bros. being stingy with the TV side.

I guess it's the same reason they couldn't have Superman on Supergirl initially.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Fox was the producers of the 1966 Batman TV series which aired on ABC and Fox couldn't even use Batman on the Gotham TV show when it aired on Fox.. (Though Gotham was produced by Warner Bros.) Probably more of thing of the movie side of Warner Bros. being stingy with the TV side.
    Doesn't NBC own the rights to Batman '66? I swear I remember reading that somewhere.

EDIT- nevermind, Google was my friend. Though it looks like maybe Disney owns the rights to Batman '66 now.

You may be right, though. It's probably something to do with the movie side.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 01-08-2020 at 02:27 PM.

Doesn't NBC own the rights to Batman '66? I swear I remember reading that somewhere.
    I think they got the Rights back.

EDIT- nevermind, Google was my friend. Though it looks like maybe Disney owns the rights to Batman '66 now.

You may be right, though. It's probably something to do with the movie side.
    NBC never aired Batman though. When they wanted to move the show from ABC they found out the sets had been destroyed and it would cost too much to rebuild them. So I am not sure NBC went through with the deal.

NBC never aired Batman though. When they wanted to move the show from ABC they found out the sets had been destroyed and it would cost too much to rebuild them. So I am not sure NBC went through with the deal.
    That's what I must be mis-remembering- that it almost went to NBC, but in the end didn't.

Since Oracle has already been mentioned in the Arrowverse, but there's been no mention of a past Batgirl, and in an interview the lead writer mentioned that Babs and Gordon exist - it looks like Babs went straight to Oracle and was never Batgirl in this universe.

Nightwing was mentioned somewhere too, I heard, though from some book or something, so might not be cannon.

But if Kate was a child when Batman was established and known, Oracle was mentioned long before Batwoman debuts (whichever season of Arrow Felicity becomes Overwatch), and the radio announcer joke-speculates that Batman (when Batwoman is starting-out) missed catching a criminal to attend Robin's highschool graduation - makes you wonder which Robin the Arrowverse was up to (2nd or 3rd?).

Speaking of Batgirl. Interesting how women are now perceived as to how they were in the 1960s. Here is Batgirl's motorcycle:

And here is Batwoman's motorcycle:
    b3b5f5193ed62e98a590bc858d1f79e6_resize.jpg

Speaking of Batgirl. Interesting how women are now perceived as to how they were in the 1960s. Here is Batgirl's motorcycle:

And here is Batwoman's motorcycle:
    b3b5f5193ed62e98a590bc858d1f79e6_resize.jpg
    Is that actually the motorcycle Kate wears as Batwoman or just the one she used as Kate once?

Although it's probably the same motorcycle that Green Arrow used...

Is that actually the motorcycle Kate wears as Batwoman or just the one she used as Kate once?

Although it's probably the same motorcycle that Green Arrow used...
    Green Arrow rides a Ducati. Kate's looks more like a Harley. But I don't think she rides that bike as Batwoman- I'd swear she rides a Ducati as well.

Is that lace trim on Batgirl's bike?