Page 204 of 233 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I feel they missed an opportunity to update or reinvent the Mad Hatter - even if it was just one episode.(Flash has had a decent track record of updating old rogues, imo) The guy was an Alice fan, but did he have to have the typical Mad hatter voice and wardrobe? Also, I guess we can buy that someone would pick up a gross hat found by the edge of the river .... and once bringing it home, never try it on, or look at the inside to see the circuitry and stuff? Okay... Did anyone else get a Purple Man feel for how he was presented more than typical Mad Hatter?
    I feel like that was more like Hatter in Gotham where eventually he could just make anyone he talked to do stuff, while at least here the hat was still relevant.

Glad to see Mary becoming a doctor, but she was sort of tempting fate with Mad Hatter. If you talk about Gotham getting bombed every other day, that's just inviting your special event to be attacked by a super villain.

Nice bit of irony with Ryan not wanting to know her birth mother but will be confronted by it anyway.

I don't really want to see more of Alice, but I did feel sorry for her. Thinking those were postcards from her father but then they were actually her delusions...that's pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    And how is it that Ryan is now (acting) CEO of Wayne Enterprises?
    Who else is there? Okay, maybe Luke or Mary, but I'm sure we'll get some explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Really hoping this message from Luscious is just a one off message wishing him well, maybe saying something about the suit. What I do not want or hope or need is any kind of interactive Jarvis knock off A.I. that Luscious downloaded his consciousness or whatever into. PLEASE for the love of God let that not be a thing.
    I didn't even make the Jarvis connection, here I was thinking it's just Beth Chapel with Chuck goggles all over again. Luke has to struggle with the armor, I get that, but I like him getting his name and am looking forward to seeing his journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Mad Hatter 2.0 felt like discount Jervis Tetch, but I guess they worked the Alice obsession in an organic way. His hat being able to mind control people felt like a mix of comic Hatter and Gotham Hatter. Although weirdly enough he doesn't share a single scene with Batwoman in the whole episode.
    I didn't even realize that. Interesting choice they made.

I like Montoya (never would have realized she was from "Gotham" if the websites hadn't mentioned it months ago - it made it more fun to hear her refer to "Jim Gordon's Gotham.") and while I've not always agreed with their handling of Alice, I've always liked her.
    Gotham did a horrible job with Montoya, I'm glad the actress is getting another chance at it.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

And how is it that Ryan is now (acting) CEO of Wayne Enterprises?
    Screenwriters who haven't a clue as to how a real corporation works?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Well, these are probably the same writers who had Oliver temporarily sign over full CEO powers to Isabel on a napkin when his sister had been kidnapped, which led to her taking his company and the Queen family fortune. Like anything she did couldn't have been overturned in five minutes with a competent lawyer.

Or the legal system .

Well, these are probably the same writers who had Oliver temporarily sign over full CEO powers to Isabel on a napkin when his sister had been kidnapped, which led to her taking his company and the Queen family fortune. Like anything she did couldn't have been overturned in five minutes with a competent lawyer.
    That was indeed truly bad, but this actually might be worse. Does anybody know of a multi-billion dollar corporation whose board of directors approved of a candidate with the qualifications Ryan possesses?

Or the legal system .
    It really annoys me how stupid they think we are sometimes.

Is there even an active board of directors?

Is there even an active board of directors?
    Didn't they state in the first season that, after Bruce vanished, the board sold off most of the company and left? Is there even a business anymore? Or is it just the tower?

Didn't they state in the first season that, after Bruce vanished, the board sold off most of the company and left? Is there even a business anymore? Or is it just the tower?
    Kate was housing a real estate business, although I don't think that ever fell under the Wayne Enterprises umbrella.

Isn't Ryan still just a bartender?

If there is no more corporation, then she would be only a pretend CEO.

Honestly, I don't need them to waste any time on a Batwoman tv show discussing the mechanics of the board of trustees or how corporations are run - not even ten seconds. With all the liberties we allow in superhero shows that are not about reality, I'm fine with letting that go.

Honestly, I don't need them to waste any time on a Batwoman tv show discussing the mechanics of the board of trustees or how corporations are run - not even ten seconds. With all the liberties we allow in superhero shows that are not about reality, I'm fine with letting that go.
    There are many things I can wave away, while other things I can't. Ryan as CEO doesn't remotely past that credibility test - even for a superhero show.

There are many things I can wave away, while other things I can't. Ryan as CEO doesn't remotely past that credibility test - even for a superhero show.
    They could waste a whole episode of B storyline to make it happen (somewhat) more believably, but it wouldn't make the show any better since it's not part of the main storyline. That's how I see it. I honestly didn't even notice they did that until this discussion.

It's not like Wayne Enterprises is really doing anything so I'm not sure why there's a need for a CEO.

They could waste a whole episode of B storyline to make it happen (somewhat) more believably, but it wouldn't make the show any better since it's not part of the main storyline. That's how I see it. I honestly didn't even notice they did that until this discussion.
    I understand what you're saying, but why don't they make her empress of Freedonia, too? I don't see any value at all making her CEO, so why do it? At least Luke, Mary, and even Alice have more of a realistic claim on the position than Ryan does.