Page 137 of 233 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

I mean maybe they can tie both together.

A Bat-Hunter or something xP

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I also don't think they would move Chyler off of Supergirl. Alex's relationship with Kara is a pivitol part of that show. Now, if Melissa decides to move on, and Chyler still wants to be a part of this universe, then I could see that happening, but not before.

Okay, new theory. Alice gets Kate, alters her appearance, and finds a way to reprogram her mind- and thus Kate become Ryan Gossling, or whatever they're calling her. And then she spends the season being Batwoman, only to find out at the end of the season she was Batwoman all along.
    Almost reminds me of the Captain Marvel movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Almost reminds me of the Captain Marvel movie.
    or Total Recall

or Total Recall
    Yes but will Gotham have Blue Skies?

So what does this mean, if they are leaving a spot open for RR to return? If they weren't I really think they would have just recast.
    If that is the case, reminds me of how with Spartacus they went and did a prequel season (that he obviously didn't appear in) to allow the lead actor recovery time from his illness. Tragically, he didn't recover, but that was the reason for a Spartacus prequel season. Not saying that is the case here, of course not.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    So what does this mean, if they are leaving a spot open for RR to return? If they weren't I really think they would have just recast.
    If that is the case, reminds me of how with Spartacus they went and did a prequel season (that he obviously didn't appear in) to allow the lead actor recovery time from his illness. Tragically, he didn't recover, but that was the reason for a Spartacus prequel season. Not saying that is the case here, of course not.
    I think they saw the reaction to killing her off and backed down.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Looks very much like it. Does not matter though; they fd up massive time with this whole make someone else BW thing. That show is pretty much dead. Well, to me at least. They are free to not want a Kate Batwoman of course; but they should get another show to run then and make place for someone who is actually interested in doing a proper Batwoman series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    A small bit of good news: Kate's not getting killed:

Attachment 97457
    And that's what i call classic backpedaling
    Best case the Recast is just moved further in the future.
    Worst case we will get a scene at best with Kate getting written out more or less permantly.

And if she comes back what about the new one?

For my taste she is putting too much on "LGBTQ+ justice". That may be the cynic in me, but I guess the "replace one lesbian with another" thing did not work so well. Big surprise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    That would be my guess too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I disagreed with the idea of it because it didn't seem very likely to me. But I don't think anyone could have predicted the direction they are taking with this.

I mean, how could anyone have known that:

- They would replace their lead character and basically do away with 90% of the storylines and development they had established in the first season, as well as in crossovers? Does Ryan get Kate's chair at the Hall of Justice just because she wears the suit? Now every Superhero is going to have to go "who?" every time they see her. The Tower on Supergirl having a switch for Batwoman seems pointless now that the Batwoman she's actually friends with and had stuff in common is gone.

- Not only replace their lead character but unceremoniously kill them off between seasons just to replace them after claiming the recasting was "out of respect" for the previous actress?

- Kill off one leading lesbian hero to replace them with another lesbian, as if that makes it okay. I get that they've made Batwoman being a lesbian part of her in-universe identity on the show, but there has got to be more to the identity then that.

- Replace a stalwart, diligent, and honorable military cadet Kate Kane with actual ties to Batman...with a criminal drug-runner who lives in a van and doesn't seem to have a problem killing.

- Replace an established DC comic character in their own show with a completely original character and call it a day. Would they have done this with The Flash? Green Arrow? Supergirl?

It's almost hard to take seriously at face-value.

The more we read about how they're approaching it, the less sense it seems to make....
    This is making less sense by the minute. The sad thing is I am still surprised how they tried to spin it.

And honestly I never even thought they would try to create a new character.
    Recast and move on.
    Believing that they could kill kate off and get away with it was just stupid.
    Esp. after all that "We respect Ruby and her role" stuff esp. Dries said.
    But that and a dollar always was just worth a cup of Coffee in Hollywood.
    Last edited by lowfyr; 06-11-2020 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    They are free to not want a Kate Batwoman of course; but they should get another show to run then and make place for someone who is actually interested in doing a proper Batwoman series.
    Oh, I would love to see a Batwoman Animated Series, that could be cool!

Woohoo, the petition is nearly at 1000.
    https://www.change.org/p/the-cw-keep...ne-as-batwoman

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    This is making less sense by the minute. The sad thing is I am still surprised how they tried to spin it.

And honestly I never even thought they would try to create a new character.
    Recast and move on.
    Believing that they could kill kate off and get away with it was just stupid.
    Esp. after all that "We respect Ruby and her role" stuff esp. Dries said.
    But that and a dollar always was just worth a cup of Coffee in Hollywood.

I never bought the 'respect for Ruby' BS line they gave. It's just that you don't bury and actor when they leave, unless they did something really egregious. If it's an actor leaving a show by mutual agreement, you just give the classic 'We wish them well in their future endeavors' and move on.

I never bought the 'respect for Ruby' BS line they gave. It's just that you don't bury and actor when they leave, unless they did something really egregious. If it's an actor leaving a show by mutual agreement, you just give the classic 'We wish them well in their future endeavors' and move on.
    This reminds me of how they unceremoniously killed off Gypsy on The Flash when it didn't seem like the actress was going to come back any time soon.

Astonishing Member

"Ryan" might not be a new character. Could easily be another DCU character that we know and they are just using a fake name for auditions. It's probably really likely actually.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    "Ryan" might not be a new character. Could easily be another DCU character that we know and they are just using a fake name for auditions. It's probably really likely actually.
    Renee Montoya uses an alias to investigate the disappearance of her ex?