Page 28 of 233 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    does TV Batwoman use the Batmobile and other vehicles?
    Not yet, apparently. But she has her own motorcycle.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Not yet, apparently. But she has her own motorcycle.
    I doubt she'd get anything more than a bat-themed-motorcycle, and at most her yacht from the comics later on (though that's pushing it). I don't think they'd have the budget for much else, plus a bike and yacht is all she uses in the comics, so far anyway.

I'm reading too much into this, but think there is any chance of a Bat-hound?

Attachment 86804
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B2NfWlmpyzp/

New-ish Trailer:

Okay, still just pilot stuff, but a bit of stuff from the pilot we haven't seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    New-ish Trailer:
    Okay, still just pilot stuff, but a bit of stuff from the pilot we haven't seen before.
    I'm really looking forward to this show!!!

Another new promo:

Is her red wig missing in the promos? Thats what makes the costume for me and without it she looks kinda dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Is her red wig missing in the promos? Thats what makes the costume for me and without it she looks kinda dumb.
    She will get her wig in Episode 3. She starts off using an altered version of Batman's suit, which is why there is no wig to start with.

New 'Rules' Trailer:

She talks about her role in this video, even though it is a fashion shoot:

I chuckled when she said they don't show superheros getting into their costumes in the comics though - in the first Batwoman solo we saw Kate and Bette getting into their suits before a mission, and then out of them again afterwards. Lol.

Hey look, someone captured some stills from the trailer showing some of Kate's training:
    https://twitter.com/BatwomanBR/statu...38927186153474

Anyway, so excited to see the action scenes in the series.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 09-15-2019 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    She talks about her role in this video, even though it is a fashion shoot:
    I chuckled when she said they don't show superheros getting into their costumes in the comics though - in the first Batwoman solo we saw Kate and Bette getting into their suits before a mission, and then out of them again afterwards. Lol.
    They also seem to like showing Catwoman getting out of her costume in the comic books.

For whatever it's worth, the show's sitting at 60% right now on RT with 5 reviews. So not great, but still fresh. Especially good considering the Internet-at-large would have one believe it's been completely savaged left and right (it hasn't).

(For context, this is a similar score to the first part of Legends's pilot)

Edit:

Also, the show was three-way tied for TVLine.com's third-most anticipated new show, after Stumptown and Evil (and tied with Nancy Drew and Prodigal Son):

https://tvline.com/2019/09/16/stumpt...-fall-tv-show/

Not too shabby.
    Last edited by Caivu; 09-16-2019 at 04:39 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

So, what is all this stuff?

Attachment 87132

Attachment 87133

Crossbow, axes, climbing hooks, climbing ropes, utility belt pockets, guns, grenades, batarangs, and bottles of stuff. I'm going to assume the guns and grenades are non-lethal, and have rubber bullets or other such rounds. And why is it all gray? I thought Batman likes stuff in black, or is it a lighting thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    considering the Internet-at-large would have one believe
    You might find this article interesting. Best to skip ahead to the halfway point "Feminine Masculinity", followed by "Fan Identity Crisis", to get to the main point. I don't agree with all of it, like the part about Kate being "a better fit" than Bruce is incorrect - they are not interchangeable, but are two distinct characters who co-exist. But, overall it was an interesting read.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 09-16-2019 at 06:01 PM.

It's definitely a reason, yeah.

Last edited by Bat-Meal; 09-18-2019 at 07:13 PM.

A new trailer apparently for the full series (with footage from more than the pilot) premiered at the iHeartRadio Music Festival this evening and will probably be released in full on Sunday.

spoilers:
    A diamond heist(?), car chases, Kate in bed with a blonde, Mary being chased by someone with what looks like an axe, what looks like Sophie and Kate sparring in a Crow facility
    end of spoilers... and more. It is miles better than any of the other trailers, and I say that as someone who mostly liked them.

Edit: here's the bootleg. Original video by Harper Grae:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2s_PZsh...d=vf94g7crlcit
    Last edited by Caivu; 09-22-2019 at 12:13 AM.