Page 219 of 232 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 3469

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

  1. #3271
    Mighty Member 90'sCartoonMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lala Land
    Posts
    1,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Material Flux View Post
    I had heard something about the higher ups stopping CW from using Green Lanterns; I assumed Diggle's appearance here was setting up his new show.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    At this point, I wish they hadn't brought Diggle back. They could have left it where Arrow ended, with the assumption that he became a Green Lantern. Maybe even mention him being out among the stars now. But to bring him back and undo the ring choosing him, probably because the brass don't want there to be confusion when the Green Lantern HBO show starts, is just LAME.
    It makes me wonder if the higher ups were ever okay with an on-screen direct mention of Green Lantern. If that was never in the cards, why the build-up? The Arrow finale would've been the best ending to him.

  2. #3272
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    85,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    It makes me wonder if the higher ups were ever okay with an on-screen direct mention of Green Lantern. If that was never in the cards, why the build-up? The Arrow finale would've been the best ending to him.
    I wonder if him getting his own show might have impacted things a little.

  3. #3273
    Spectacular Member Material Flux's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    It makes me wonder if the higher ups were ever okay with an on-screen direct mention of Green Lantern. If that was never in the cards, why the build-up? The Arrow finale would've been the best ending to him.
    I mean, we never actually heard the words Green Lantern nor saw a ring.

    It seems like the showrunners wanted to do it, but they knew about the upcoming Green Lantern show on HBO Max so they hedged their bets by making it vague and when the order came down that they wouldn't be able to use Green Lantern, they simply changed directions and came up with Justice U, perhaps because of the contract.

    If the higher ups change their minds, they can simply pick up where they left off.
    Last edited by Material Flux; 01-24-2022 at 01:27 PM.

  4. #3274
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,611

    Default

    Yeah, maybe the Green Lantern ban will eventually be lifted, similar to how we are now able to have a Superman show in the Arrowverse.

  5. #3275
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,830

    Default

    I'll take a guess that Ryan's brother (Joker 2.0) ends up killing his mom by the end of the season.

  6. #3276
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    I just watched the scene with Jada and Diggle breaking into Reneeís office. I take back my earlier statement that I donít think Jada cheated on her husband. I was working while watching this episode the first time and didnít see the nonverbal interaction between Jada and Diggle. Yeah, they either had a physical or emotional affair or both. Interesting theory.
    Don't know that they had an affair, but they definitely knocked boots. I think this Diggle box thing was a way for them to kneecap the Green Lantern stuff. He can't get the box open and moves on to helping young heroes. Or he thinks helping young heroes will help him open the box.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

  7. #3277
    Astonishing Member protege's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chandler az
    Posts
    4,445

    Default

    Aside from the fact that I still can't understand half the dialogue, I'm wondering what was the purpose of pairing Ryan and Alice to save Mary. And I really don't like jada jet. I have a real problem with how they resolved the plot line with Renee and ivy. How could Renee make any kind of deal for ivy, when she's responsible for reviving ivy in the first place? And ivy did nearly destroy the dam.
    Last edited by protege; 01-27-2022 at 02:54 PM.

  8. #3278
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,611

    Default

    I just hope Mary killing that guy won't be swept under the rug. And I also hope Marquis won't be there the whole Season.

  9. #3279
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I just hope Mary killing that guy won't be swept under the rug. And I also hope Marquis won't be there the whole Season.
    That is my fear, but it seemed like toward the end of the episode she is still feeling that guilt, just hope it lasts and she isn't bouncy, spunky Mary by the next episode. The Arrowverse has habit of that.

    Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I have a real problem with how they resolved the plot line with Renee and ivy. How could Renee make any kind of deal for ivy, when she's responsible for reviving ivy in the first place? And ivy did nearly destroy the dam.
    I think that is them having no ideas and just wanting to move them off the show. That and the Arrowverse writers have proven on numerous occasions they don't know/care how the actual legal/justice systems work and just write whatever works for them.

    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

  10. #3280
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    85,149

    Default

    I guess it makes sense that Mary, as a Supervillain, would commit health care related crimes as far as how she exhibits her extremism. Although she introduced herself as "Dr. Hamilton" so how she is now a wanted woman or the general public is not aware of what she's done at this point is anyone's guess. Like, how is she not arrested for this? Or skipping out on numerous hotel bills. Mary really shouldn't be able to safely go back to normal like this.

    That's the thing with Poison Ivy, her motives are pure in terms of helping the environment and the planet, and the people who suffer because of those who treat it badly...but ultimately she doesn't care about the human cost of her own actions and to her it's just a statistic for her perceived "greater good." As far as Mary has fallen, even she realized blowing the dam was a step too far.

    Honestly if I were Ryan I'd probably have punched Alice first-thing after all the trouble she's put them through. Also, Alice really relishes the lesbian drama.

    Can literally anybody get to the top of the GCPD and light the signal at this point? I get that Jada's rich, but come on.

    Did Ryan really not bother modulating her voice at all? I guess Jada's such a bad mother she doesn't even recognize her own daughters' voice.

    Couldn't Ryan have just shoved Jada aside and grabbed the buzzer? I mean, screw Jada at this point. She hasn't earned that much goodwill. Although also couldn't Ryan have told Jada where they were keeping Marquis? It's not like she needed to hand deliver him to her.

    Dear lord, Renee already realizes how bad Pam is and she's still protecting her? She should be in jail .

    Batwoman trying to hail down an ambulance to grab the person in said ambulance and the ambulance not stopping because they need to get her to a hospital was hilarious. Mary complaining about the health care industry, but she'd appreciate that work ethic.

    So Mary realizing she killed someone was finally enough to sober her up from her power high and get her to do the right thing, and with the added benefit of finally curing her. It seems like she's trying not to think about it, but I don't expect that to end well, especially if she tries to be a doctor again.

    Batwoman vs. Poison Ivy was pretty solid, and Luke finally got to be Batwing again and save the day.

    I don't feel like Renee and Pam getting their "happy ending" on Coryana was earned. Ivy's killed several innocent people, almost blew up the dam, and Renee is culpable for that. And they just get to honeymoon on a plant paradise? I would have rather Ivy jumped out of the plane out of spite towards Renee. I get that Ivy is apparently too powerful to be imprisoned by conventional means like other villains, but she deserves prison time.

    Actually, what happened to Coryana after Safiyah got coma'd?

    Is anyone going to care if Jada bites it at the rate she's screwing the heroes out of spite? Although I think Joker 2.0 possibly rallying all the villains is more of a pressing concern.

  11. #3281
    Incredible Member Twice-named's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did Ryan really not bother modulating her voice at all? I guess Jada's such a bad mother she doesn't even recognize her own daughters' voice.
    I wonder if they just forgot to add the sound effect.

    With Mary returning to normal, I wonder if Alice will start having hallucinations again.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

  12. #3282
    Astonishing Member protege's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chandler az
    Posts
    4,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess it makes sense that Mary, as a Supervillain, would commit health care related crimes as far as how she exhibits her extremism. Although she introduced herself as "Dr. Hamilton" so how she is now a wanted woman or the general public is not aware of what she's done at this point is anyone's guess. Like, how is she not arrested for this? Or skipping out on numerous hotel bills. Mary really shouldn't be able to safely go back to normal like this.

    That's the thing with Poison Ivy, her motives are pure in terms of helping the environment and the planet, and the people who suffer because of those who treat it badly...but ultimately she doesn't care about the human cost of her own actions and to her it's just a statistic for her perceived "greater good." As far as Mary has fallen, even she realized blowing the dam was a step too far.

    Honestly if I were Ryan I'd probably have punched Alice first-thing after all the trouble she's put them through. Also, Alice really relishes the lesbian drama.

    Can literally anybody get to the top of the GCPD and light the signal at this point? I get that Jada's rich, but come on.

    Did Ryan really not bother modulating her voice at all? I guess Jada's such a bad mother she doesn't even recognize her own daughters' voice.

    Couldn't Ryan have just shoved Jada aside and grabbed the buzzer? I mean, screw Jada at this point. She hasn't earned that much goodwill. Although also couldn't Ryan have told Jada where they were keeping Marquis? It's not like she needed to hand deliver him to her.

    Dear lord, Renee already realizes how bad Pam is and she's still protecting her? She should be in jail .

    Batwoman trying to hail down an ambulance to grab the person in said ambulance and the ambulance not stopping because they need to get her to a hospital was hilarious. Mary complaining about the health care industry, but she'd appreciate that work ethic.

    So Mary realizing she killed someone was finally enough to sober her up from her power high and get her to do the right thing, and with the added benefit of finally curing her. It seems like she's trying not to think about it, but I don't expect that to end well, especially if she tries to be a doctor again.

    Batwoman vs. Poison Ivy was pretty solid, and Luke finally got to be Batwing again and save the day.

    I don't feel like Renee and Pam getting their "happy ending" on Coryana was earned. Ivy's killed several innocent people, almost blew up the dam, and Renee is culpable for that. And they just get to honeymoon on a plant paradise? I would have rather Ivy jumped out of the plane out of spite towards Renee. I get that Ivy is apparently too powerful to be imprisoned by conventional means like other villains, but she deserves prison time.

    Actually, what happened to Coryana after Safiyah got coma'd?

    Is anyone going to care if Jada bites it at the rate she's screwing the heroes out of spite? Although I think Joker 2.0 possibly rallying all the villains is more of a pressing concern.
    Actually, that last sentence sounds like it could be the finale, or close to it. Iím still waiting for batwoman to throw down with mad hatter 2.0

  13. #3283
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't feel like Renee and Pam getting their "happy ending" on Coryana was earned. Ivy's killed several innocent people, almost blew up the dam, and Renee is culpable for that. And they just get to honeymoon on a plant paradise? I would have rather Ivy jumped out of the plane out of spite towards Renee. I get that Ivy is apparently too powerful to be imprisoned by conventional means like other villains, but she deserves prison time.
    Yeah, that really bothered me. Villains who have done less have gotten worse fates on this show. At least Mary's getting a guilty conscience from killing that man and since she's a main character, they can still deal with the ramifications of her Ivy shenanigans, but Pam and Renee don't. Not to mention they went out of their way last week to say that their relationship was toxic and beyond saving, so what message does it send when it ends on them getting a honeymoon ending with Pam only compromising a bit?
    My blog. Latest entry: April 11th, 2022 Blog Entry Update.

  14. #3284
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Yeah, that really bothered me. Villains who have done less have gotten worse fates on this show. At least Mary's getting a guilty conscience from killing that man and since she's a main character, they can still deal with the ramifications of her Ivy shenanigans, but Pam and Renee don't. Not to mention they went out of their way last week to say that their relationship was toxic and beyond saving, so what message does it send when it ends on them getting a honeymoon ending with Pam only compromising a bit?
    Woooooow. You know, I'd suspected it early on, but wow this basically confirms that our 'Heroes' are basically sociopaths.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

  15. #3285
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    85,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Woooooow. You know, I'd suspected it early on, but wow this basically confirms that our 'Heroes' are basically sociopaths.
    I dunno about sociopaths, more like they take the easy out even if it's not necessarily "justice."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •