Page 191 of 233 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    You know...I actually liked how this episode handled the issue it was tackling. Batwoman with Ryan Wilder has been nothing but women being oppressed, gay people being oppressed, poor people being oppressed, and people of color being oppressed. But I think this episode did the best job of presenting the issue and then having Ryan, Luke, and Sophie offer different points of view when it comes to the problem of the police force.

I could've watched a whole episode with Ryan, Luke, and Sophie in jail just talking. Well, with that as the A-story, Mary and Jacob as the B-story, and then Alice as the C-story. After the ordeal he went through, I don't understand why Luke even approached Eli. Did he think they were friends? Nothing good was going to come from that. I could see them going more the Oracle route than Batwing with Luke, especially since it was looking like Sophie wants a masked vigilante identity of her own.
    I guess the show might not resist having another OC get a Superhero identity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I was wondering if Camrus Johnson wanted out of the show. It is a struggle to get through. I'm watching out of a sense of morbid curiosity.
    When I watch I periodically think: Dougray Scott, the once possible theatrical Wolverine...oh, how your star has dimmed to be stuck in this role. An addict taking Snakebite? The S1 tougher version of Jacob Kane never would've gone that route. Alice is really the only character to really be watching this show for currently.
    The Kate angle is laughable and bad. This weeks "woke" show about cops only had Luke showing the intelligent, not privileged, course of action but the hot heads couldn't be bothered with reason. Displaying attitude gets you in jail when where you are really needed is elsewhere. *eyeroll*

I'm just stunned with the ratings drop that CW early renewed this for a S3.
    To be honest I thought this was the first episode where I actually liked Jacob in a while.

And the show had Ryan realize that she may have acted too rashly. We saw that Luke's method was actually working before she doubled-down on talking back.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Hey, it worked for M.A.N.T.I.S., didn't it?����*♂️
    Man, you beat me to it!

They really should just steal Carl Lumbly from Marvel and establish that M.A.N.T.I.S. actually existed in post-crisis Arrowverse(yeah, I'm still calling it that) - who wouldn't want to see "Old Man M.A.N.T.I.S.?"
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-18-2021 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Man, you beat me to it!

They really should just steal Carl Lumbly from Marvel and establish that M.A.N.T.I.S. actually existed in post-crisis Arrowverse(yeah, I'm still calling it that) - who wouldn't want to see "Old Man M.A.N.T.I.S.?"
    But he already played J'onn's father on Supergirl. I guess it could be a Crisis thing...

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And the show had Ryan realize that she may have acted too rashly. We saw that Luke's method was actually working before she doubled-down on talking back.
    It's always better to keep your powder dry until you have no other choice. It doesn't matter what your color is, either. Two of my brothers had cuffs on them momentarily because of their own rashness with police officers.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

So I was scrolling through Instagram... and came across very blurry photos of Luke in the Batwing suit. Looks like he will be suiting up after all this season.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So I was scrolling through Instagram... and came across very blurry photos of Luke in the Batwing suit. Looks like he will be suiting up after all this season.
    About time .

Not that I'm against it, but where does this come from? Luke has no combat training whatsoever so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Not that I'm against it, but where does this come from? Luke has no combat training whatsoever so far.
    I think he'll probably be relying on the tech in the suit.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

This Luke Fox is less prepared to be Batwing than Ryan Wilder was to become Batwoman II.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

He does know how to box, which is at least something.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

That's why I thought they'd go with Sophie.

Here is an article that has those very blurry pics.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Let's not be too hasty. The man was just shot, and coma dreams/fantasies are a thing on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Let's not be too hasty. The man was just shot, and coma dreams/fantasies are a thing on TV.
    Except that we know those scenes were shot for the finale, on account of when they were filmed. Based on this, Camrus earlier filmed an outdoor scene with Javicia that would put it somewhere in episode 16 or 17.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Do we know how many episodes this season will have?
    I've assumed 20 like last year but Covid my mean fewer.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Do we know how many episodes this season will have?
    I've assumed 20 like last year but Covid my mean fewer.
    18 episodes.