Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
So do I

Black Narcissus AFAIK is a new character; introduced in Cyborg Rebirth. Besides her background there shes mostly a blank slate which means they could develop a lot of unique story with and around her without ruffling any "thats not like in the CBs!!!1" feathers.

But of course its a risk since shes basically unknown so they cowardly pick the "take a known brand and hope it flys well; consequences to the known brand be damned!" route. As usual. And even have the guts to call that progressive on top of it. Its not progressive. Its cheap, its cowardly, and disrespectful; borderline racist, to the brand and to the PoC which get told "you are not good enough for your own unique character" not in words but in action. And all the world is applauding. Its saddening
What I'm really starting to hate is how they are lauding making a black woman the hero of the show, like there aren't any other black heroines on TV right now. Hell, there is a black lesbian superhero on Black Lightning; while she may not be the 'Lead', I'd call her a co-lead at this point. There is a Arabic Muslim heroine on Legends, I believe a Latina heroine on the Flash (Allegra?) and a Latina and Black heroines on Stargirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
Wouldn't Kitty Pryde and Ben Grimm be more well known?
Maybe the highest-profile DC Superhero then. Though I don't think I ever knew Ben was Jewish. But then, I don't really read Fantastic Four.