Page 215 of 219 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219 LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 3280

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

  1. #3211
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    4,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    Good episode.

    I wonder if Jada and Ryan’s relationship will always be transactional.

    Looks like Marquis dyed his hair purple at the end.

    Looks like we’re headed for a Marquis and Mary team-up. If this happens, I don’t see how Mary doesn’t reveal Ryan is Batwoman and the batcave’s location to Marquis, assuming he doesn’t learn it first.

    The board appoints the new CEO not the departing CEO but whatever. It’s not really important.
    It makes as much sense as a co-CEO signing away his authority on a napkin right after his sister was kidnapped, and the other co-CEO taking the opportunity to make a power grab. These writers don't know how businesses work. Half the time, I'm not even sure they know how to write.

  2. #3212
    Astonishing Member protege's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chandler az
    Posts
    4,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    Good episode.

    I wonder if Jada and Ryan’s relationship will always be transactional.

    Looks like Marquis dyed his hair purple at the end.

    Looks like we’re headed for a Marquis and Mary team-up. If this happens, I don’t see how Mary doesn’t reveal Ryan is Batwoman and the batcave’s location to Marquis, assuming he doesn’t learn it first.

    The board appoints the new CEO not the departing CEO but whatever. It’s not really important.
    Gotham sure doesn't look like I thought it would. Alice, of course, is out for herself, so of course she wants a total blood transfusion. And jadas plan to "cure" marquis insanity really doesn't make much sense. But poor Ryan, caught between her newfound family, and the Batfam,, screws up both. Sheesh. My eyes are hurting from all the rolling around in my head they're doing. And right now,marquis is in control of waynecorp, so he basically controls the batfam's purse strings. If he's good at running the books as he is being a psychopathic supervillain, I'd say things will go from bad to worse pretty quickly. But I have to wonder, given that Ryan asked for help with Mary from her mother, how much does jada know? And this new relationship with Mary and Alice is downright weird. Honestly, I'm looking forward to see alice as marquis' Harley Quinn. Poison ivy is almost superfluous at this point.
    Last edited by protege; 11-25-2021 at 09:28 PM.

  3. #3213
    Astonishing Member protege's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chandler az
    Posts
    4,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    It makes as much sense as a co-CEO signing away his authority on a napkin right after his sister was kidnapped, and the other co-CEO taking the opportunity to make a power grab. These writers don't know how businesses work. Half the time, I'm not even sure they know how to write.
    That could be said about all the arrowverse shows. They sure don't know how to write for superheroes.
    Last edited by protege; 11-25-2021 at 09:29 PM.

  4. #3214
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    80

    Default

    These writers have no idea how business works plus he just killed someone with witnesses!!!

    Kill someone in front of a witness, threaten someone to sign over a company. (I have no idea why Ryan was even even CEO to begin with as it makes no sense) And he just takes over? This is poorly done.

  5. #3215
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78,848

    Default

    So...technically Ryan is an accessory to a kidnapping, right?

    Well, Renee didn't stay for breakfast but at least she left a note. Although now that Ryan brings it up it does seem kind of in bad taste that Sophie slept with the woman basically blackmailing Ryan into dealing with Alice and holding that over her head, even if I forget about that. Also Ryan cares about knowing where Sophie is.

    Swamp Thing exists in the Arrowverse? Is this the same Swamp Thing from the short-lived show?

    Sophie tagging alongside Batwoman makes it even more apparent how much taller Sophie is than Ryan, which is kind of distracting when Ryan is in Batwoman mode and supposed to come off as the most imposing person in a room.

    Mary and Alice really thought they could just pick up random guys and ask for their blood type? Good thing Mary unlocked Ivy's patented hypnotic pheromones.

    Marquis bringing up Lucius visiting the Jett home...I mean, he could've just been saying it to mess with Luke, but I wonder now if it was foreshadowing Jada having an affair with Lucius and Lucius is Ryan's father. Would they go there? Would that retroactively make Ryan one of the Fox sisters?

    Wayne Tower security is still poor. Even when a guard actually shows up, they're dead in a second. Marquis using writing utensils as weapons like a true Joker. Although how did they cover that up and not use that to implicate Marquis as a murderer...?

    Poor Luke. These past few episodes have not been kind to him.

    Ryan's only been a CEO for a few episodes and already signed the company away. The Arrowverse really doesn't like Superheroes being CEO's for long periods of time.

    Jeez, both Alice and Mary throwing shade at Kate for being a bad sister. I mean, I guess they have a point, but still.

    Jitters exists outside Central City?

    Alice seems to be genuinely bonding with Mary as a sister but at the end of the day it really feels like Alice is using and manipulating Mary to get what she wants and cause havoc. Is Alice ever going to change?

    Mary's really far gone. She abandoned someone in need, she gave up her chance to be normal again, and she's thrown away her friendship with Ryan to do it. Like, wouldn't the normal Mary have wanted someone to stop her from hurting people? Which seems like what she's setting out to do.

    I guess Marquis couldn't get obvious with green hair, so as Joker 2.0 he'll have purple hair. Compared to OG!Joker his humor seems a little more subdued and casual, but what makes Marquis stand out is that, to him, the Joker was the only one really enjoying himself in Gotham and now he's going to use Wayne money to carry out Joker plots on a wider scale.

    Mary going full Poison Ivy with a revealing costume and red hair, that she admittedly wears very well. Although is this supposed to be reflective of what Pamela Isley actually looked like as Poison Ivy? So is Mary just cosplaying?

  6. #3216
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    lMary going full Poison Ivy with a revealing costume and red hair, that she admittedly wears very well. Although is this supposed to be reflective of what Pamela Isley actually looked like as Poison Ivy? So is Mary just cosplaying?
    I thought she was just putting her own spin on Poison Ivy. She is pretty much herself, but her evil qualities where amplified, just like Pamela before LeGrande's experiment.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 9, 2021.

  7. #3217
    Fantastic Member Twice-named's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    And jadas plan to "cure" marquis insanity really doesn't make much sense.
    I had the same thought. There isn’t a cure for mental illness. There’s just management. But it sounds like Marquis has an acquired brain injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiroteus View Post
    These writers have no idea how business works plus he just killed someone with witnesses!!!

    Kill someone in front of a witness, threaten someone to sign over a company. (I have no idea why Ryan was even even CEO to begin with as it makes no sense) And he just takes over? This is poorly done.
    Yeah, I had the same thought about the security guard. GCPD has to be called. Luke’s statement will be taken. Unless he lies, Marquis will become a suspect. His clothes will have blood splatter unless he got rid of them. The murder weapon is there with his, Luke’s and Ryan’s fingerprints and the guard’s blood unless he did something with it after Ryan signed her resignation letter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So...technically Ryan is an accessory to a kidnapping, right?
    Yeah. She’s also guilty of false imprisonment of the Black Glove operative.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder now if it was foreshadowing Jada having an affair with Lucius and Lucius is Ryan's father.
    I hadn’t considered that. And we still haven’t learned why Jada gave Ryan up. Unless it’s because of Marquis, which wouldn’t make sense since he was only three months old when she got pregnant with Ryan.

    ****

    I try not to let the business and other stuff bother me and instead just enjoy the show for what it is.
    Last edited by Twice-named; 11-26-2021 at 06:01 AM.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

  8. #3218
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78,848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I thought she was just putting her own spin on Poison Ivy. She is pretty much herself, but her evil qualities where amplified, just like Pamela before LeGrande's experiment.
    Mary's fashion sense was foreshadowing .
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    Yeah, I had the same thought about the security guard. GCPD has to be called. Luke’s statement will be taken. Unless he lies, Marquis will become a suspect. His clothes will have blood splatter unless he got rid of them. The murder weapon is there with his, Luke’s and Ryan’s fingerprints and the guard’s blood unless he did something with it after Ryan signed her resignation letter.
    I guess Jada has to cover up the death of her lab tech too.
    Yeah. She’s also guilty of false imprisonment of the Black Glove operative.
    I think all the Arrowverse heroes except Supergirl are guilty of that (since Supergirl only ever imprisoned people through the DEO).

  9. #3219
    Mighty Member MoneySpider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,823

    Default

    The only thing Alice is going to change is her clothes. How did Ryan get out of that plant trap on the road? Did she just use her arms to pull free? Maybe I missed something, but one minute Mary had her bound with plant limbs and then the next time Ryan showed up, she was free of the limbs.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

  10. #3220
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78,848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    The only thing Alice is going to change is her clothes. How did Ryan get out of that plant trap on the road? Did she just use her arms to pull free? Maybe I missed something, but one minute Mary had her bound with plant limbs and then the next time Ryan showed up, she was free of the limbs.
    Presumably she used her gauntlets or a gadget to get loose after they escaped.

  11. #3221
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    The only thing Alice is going to change is her clothes. How did Ryan get out of that plant trap on the road? Did she just use her arms to pull free? Maybe I missed something, but one minute Mary had her bound with plant limbs and then the next time Ryan showed up, she was free of the limbs.
    Assuming Batwoman can't free herself, I've always been under the impression that if Poison Ivy/Mary isn't actively putting forth effort to manipulate the plants they can't actively maintain their "grip". Once they were far enough ahead of the Batmobile, she stops pushing the plants and Batwoman just pulls her arms free.

  12. #3222
    Astonishing Member protege's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chandler az
    Posts
    4,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    The only thing Alice is going to change is her clothes. How did Ryan get out of that plant trap on the road? Did she just use her arms to pull free? Maybe I missed something, but one minute Mary had her bound with plant limbs and then the next time Ryan showed up, she was free of the limbs.
    Her escape artist abilities sure are inconsistent.

  13. #3223
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiroteus View Post
    These writers have no idea how business works plus he just killed someone with witnesses!!!

    Kill someone in front of a witness, threaten someone to sign over a company. (I have no idea why Ryan was even even CEO to begin with as it makes no sense) And he just takes over? This is poorly done.
    This would all require Ryan telling the authorities what he did which Jada wouldn't want as it would risk him being taken from her and given worse punishment when what she wants is to cure him. I'm not saying it is rational but there is a reason for him getting away with this.

    Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Assuming Batwoman can't free herself, I've always been under the impression that if Poison Ivy/Mary isn't actively putting forth effort to manipulate the plants they can't actively maintain their "grip". Once they were far enough ahead of the Batmobile, she stops pushing the plants and Batwoman just pulls her arms free.
    That was my thought too.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-26-2021 at 11:27 PM.

  14. #3224
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78,848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This would all require Ryan telling the authorities what he did which Jada wouldn't want as it would risk him being taken from her and given worse punishment when what she wants is to cure him. I'm not saying it is rational but there is a reason for him getting away with this.
    How did they explain/hide the bodies though?

  15. #3225
    Mighty Member 90'sCartoonMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lala Land
    Posts
    1,526

    Default

    Another engaging episode as both Mary and Marquis go further down a dark path. Although Mary isn't so dark that she's above using her rewards card. As much as I wanted them to find Mary and save her, I also want to see where this Poison Ivy thing is going.

    Jealousy isn't a good look on Ryan, but this episode does seem to paint the Sophie/Montoya pairing as something brief and shallow.

    Poor Luke, he has been racking up losses left and right. Without access to the Batcave, Batwoman is going to need his help now more than ever.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Swamp Thing exists in the Arrowverse? Is this the same Swamp Thing from the short-lived show?
    Didn't Crisis establish that was on another Earth? That was a weird throwaway line to mention Swamp Thing like that, but then, they did the same with Aquaman.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Marquis bringing up Lucius visiting the Jett home...I mean, he could've just been saying it to mess with Luke, but I wonder now if it was foreshadowing Jada having an affair with Lucius and Lucius is Ryan's father. Would they go there? Would that retroactively make Ryan one of the Fox sisters?
    Ryan Wilder as the daughter of Lucius Fox? That would be a crazy twist.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •