Page 121 of 233 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Extraordinary Member

If they absolutely have to......Just make Julia Pennyworth the new Batwoman:

1. She’s already on the show.
    2. She’s a lesbian and Kate’s ex girlfriend
    3. She’s Alfred’s daughter so she’s already linked to Batman
    4. She’s a spy, so her backstory can be mined for story potential.
    5. She already disguised herself as Batwoman once.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    If they absolutely have to......Just make Julia Pennyworth the new Batwoman:

1. She’s already on the show.
    2. She’s a lesbian and Kate’s ex girlfriend
    3. She’s Alfred’s daughter so she’s already linked to Batman
    4. She’s a spy, so her backstory can be mined for story potential.
    5. She already disguised herself as Batwoman once.
    She was the FIRST name I thought of.

Of course I didn't know she was white on the show.

I have a feeling that role is going to a woman of color and I would not be shocked if it's someone that that turns out to be Cassandra Cain or Harper Row.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    She was the FIRST name I thought of.

Of course I didn't know she was white on the show.

I have a feeling that role is going to a woman of color and I would not be shocked if it's someone that that turns out to be Cassandra Cain or Harper Row.
    A authentic grown up/young adult version of Cassandra Cain is actually one of the very, very rare options I could respect in picking up BWs mantle. But, previous postings/links to believed, the makers do not want to be restrained by the comics so that alone raises all kind of red flags and I question why the f they did picked the job to begin with. Dear studios, get ppl that want to do CB adaptions for CB super heroes. Get rid of/stop hiring the snowflakes that want to turn the CB superheroes into something else entirely.

Extraordinary Member

Bringing in a new lead character at this point would totally change everything about the show, the villains and the supporting characters.

You might as well have Luke become Batwing.

I'm totally for a new character, with the option of Kate returning some day.

But yeah, a whole new character? When you could easily take Julia? Why?

Extraordinary Member

Funny enough. This whole re-casting debate is the most advertising the show’s had since it started.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    This might actually get me to start watching again. Not that I didn't like Rose, she was very good. But I got very tired of the whole show being only about the Kane family drama. A new character as BW will bring a whole new dynamic for the show. Unless it's another season of Alice, then I am gone.
    But now they'll have to re-work the Kane family drama to fit a character that isn't even Kate Kane.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But now they'll have to re-work the Kane family drama to fit a character that isn't even Kate Kane.
    They could probably make a plot about Kate leaving the city and her absence hurting her family.

Problem is, they just had that with Bruce, so it might be hard to keep it engaging.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    They could probably make a plot about Kate leaving the city and her absence hurting her family.

Problem is, they just had that with Bruce, so it might be hard to keep it engaging.
    Maybe they can change the story that in between seasons she was close on the trail to find the real Bruce, and now SHE’S disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Maybe they can change the story that in between seasons she was close on the trail to find the real Bruce, and now SHE’S disappeared.
    I don't see Kate leaving Gotham in the state it's in just to find Bruce, and then you have the quagmire of having to answer where Bruce and Kate are.

When reading the character description of the new Batwoman did anyone immediately add in the words "down by the river" from the famous Chris Farley sketch when it was revealed that she lived in a van?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I haven't watched much of this show this season.

Honestly, when I tried to, if felt how I felt when I was trying to watch Arrow Season 1 for the first time. I didn't make it 3 episodes in. It was only later that I went back and binged the first season the the first half of season 2 during that shows S2 hiatus, and that was how I got hooked.

So that is what I planned to do with this show. I was going to binge the whole season this summer to try to get into it. After it was cut short, I figured I would do exactly what I did with Arrow and binge the first season and a half during next season's hiatus.

But if they replace the character of Kate Kane- whom I like- with some random new character? I wouldn't even bother. And I don't think the show would last by doing that. And that makes me sad, because I do like these characters.

Except for Sophie. Can't stand her.

Interesting. Just wish I knew what exactly caused the separation. But best of success. Hopefully the writers and producers will imbue the new Batwoman with lots of pathos.

How stupid can the show writers be?

A whole new character? Your going to have to recast most of the current cast because if its not Kate then Sophie, her father, her sister, etc don't make a lot of sense on the show.

Goes back to my opinion that you just make Rachel Skartsen the new Batwoman. No she isn't lesbian or bi as far as I know but she is an established face on the show.

How I'd do it: Apparently Alice doesn't have to have the original face anymore given she made Tommy look like Bruce Wayne. So Alice kidnaps Kate and then gives Kate her (Alice) own face. Now Kate looks like Alice but is still Kate. And you can finish out the Alice arc as planned seeing as how it will make zero narrative sense now with a wholly new Batwoman. Rachel will have to double duty for a while but it can be done.

I understand why LGBT's want representation with an LGBT actress but you got ******* by Ruby Rose. I'd care more about this point about the show continuing on in some way that made sense rather than being an utter **** show thats going to be an utter disaster which is where they are headed if they go with a whole new character.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    How stupid can the show writers be?

A whole new character? Your going to have to recast most of the current cast because if its not Kate then Sophie, her father, her sister, etc don't make a lot of sense on the show.

Goes back to my opinion that you just make Rachel Skartsen the new Batwoman. No she isn't lesbian or bi as far as I know but she is an established face on the show.

How I'd do it: Apparently Alice doesn't have to have the original face anymore given she made Tommy look like Bruce Wayne. So Alice kidnaps Kate and then gives Kate her (Alice) own face. Now Kate looks like Alice but is still Kate. And you can finish out the Alice arc as planned seeing as how it will make zero narrative sense now with a wholly new Batwoman. Rachel will have to double duty for a while but it can be done.

I understand why LGBT's want representation with an LGBT actress but you got ******* by Ruby Rose. I'd care more about this point about the show continuing on in some way that made sense rather than being an utter **** show thats going to be an utter disaster which is where they are headed if they go with a whole new character.
    Not to mention now with this new Batwoman we'll have moved on from everyone comparing her to Bruce to everyone comparing her to Kate.