Page 217 of 233 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Spectacular Member Material Flux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, Alice made some headway to reconciling herself back to being Beth or trying to be a better person last season but that seems a non-factor this season with her basically acting like it's still season 1 and only really being out for herself.
    Last season Alice was trying to make some steps to changing, in her own self serving way, but Ryan was having none of that and even betrayed her trust multiple times. Now I absolutely do not blame Ryan for this. That's a natural response. But Alice defaulting back to her Season 1 mentality is also a natural response to me.

It does feel like the show is working itself in knots trying to justify her still being around and interacting with the cast even if it comes off forced both in-universe and out. It really doesn't make a lot of sense how much leeway the cast gives Alice sometimes when she hardly ever works to earn any good will. And every step forward from Alice usually leads to two steps back.
    I've thought this myself, but Rachel Skarsten is giving such an inspired performance as Alice that I cannot even blame the writers for wanting to keep her around no matter how they have to do it,

I got the sense that Alice deliberately pushed Mary to do it before she even had time to think. On-top of that we also see how they basically leave him without even calling for medical aid, which is something the real Mary would never do.
    We can see Mary changing more and more through out the episode. That part where she she talks about stealing from a small business and not feeling bad gave me a chuckle, but that was really a sign of her changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Material Flux View Post
    Last season Alice was trying to make some steps to changing, in her own self serving way, but Ryan was having none of that and even betrayed her trust multiple times. Now I absolutely do not blame Ryan for this. That's a natural response. But Alice defaulting back to her Season 1 mentality is also a natural response to me.
    I've thought this myself, but Rachel Skarsten is giving such an inspired performance as Alice that I cannot even blame the writers for wanting to keep her around no matter how they have to do it,[/QUOTE]
    True, but it makes things pretty static to the point where I wonder if the writers really have an endgoal in mind.

True, but it makes things pretty static to the point where I wonder if the writers really have an endgoal in mind.
    Oh, I just assume they don't. That's giving them way too much credit.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Oh, I just assume they don't. That's giving them way too much credit.
    They probably have on idea where Bruce and Kate are right now .

They probably have on idea where Bruce and Kate are right now .
    With serialized tv shows, I get it. It's better to leave it wide open until they actually write the story to address it, otherwise why put themselves in a corner?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Caught up on last two episodes of Batwoman or as I call them Coming Out for Poison Mary.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Very dumb of Ryan to give away the company like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    It was very dumb that she had anything to do with the company in the first place.
    What about any of Ryan Wilder as CEO made sense to begin with? In what world does the Board and/or Shareholders not hold a broad investigation? An announcement by Marcus 4hrs later claiming to be CEO and in said statement alluding to wanting to what's best for the Board(implying they behind this 'transition') is just real world bonkers. Do the writers think the viewers just suspend EVERY aspect of reasonability?

After weeks of teasing Ryan and Sophie we get this crazy interlude of Sophie/Renee Montoya. Ooookkayy. Clearly going to be a one night stand thing methinks.

Bruce has backways into the Batcave. Lucius come on now, really? The elevator entrance from the Wayne Tower Office was THE entry point? Also, what happens when Marcus remodels? Those pearls are not staying there, again in a real world situation new person remodels. I suppose the lockdown could deactivate the pearls activation switch but someone is likely to find the opening when removing bookcase panels.

"Hey Batwoman I'm a big fan, please don't hurt me"....also, how are you going to pay for my fender panel that you just hit with a grapple gun??

Kinda hoped Marcus was going to kill Jada, I'm over her already. Feel really bad for that Wayne Tower security guard though.

Poison Mary has a very Batman the Animated Series vibe going on, I'm down for that. Great show with great iterations of the characters.

I liked the, cough too loud and you miss it, reference to Swamp Thing.

So the blood transfusion is complete, right? As much as I've enjoyed Alice can she just go now? Is the thrust of NOT going away likely to be the heart-to-heart she and Mary had about being alone? Puulease.

Will Mary be the off again/on again foe through the rest of the season till we find out Jada's doctors formula can be tweaked(cause surely it's in a hard drive somewhere) and save Mary by seasons end?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    What about any of Ryan Wilder as CEO made sense to begin with? In what world does the Board and/or Shareholders not hold a broad investigation? An announcement by Marcus 4hrs later claiming to be CEO and in said statement alluding to wanting to what's best for the Board(implying they behind this 'transition') is just real world bonkers. Do the writers think the viewers just suspend EVERY aspect of reasonability?
    The answer to your last question is yes, which is obviously very insulting. As fans of superheroes and fantasy/sci-fi in general, there are lots of things we all allow without batting an eye. Stuff like this, however, is another thing.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Caught up on last two episodes of Batwoman or as I call them Coming Out for Poison Mary.

After weeks of teasing Ryan and Sophie we get this crazy interlude of Sophie/Renee Montoya. Ooookkayy. Clearly going to be a one night stand thing methinks.

Bruce has backways into the Batcave. Lucius come on now, really? The elevator entrance from the Wayne Tower Office was THE entry point? Also, what happens when Marcus remodels? Those pearls are not staying there, again in a real world situation new person remodels. I suppose the lockdown could deactivate the pearls activation switch but someone is likely to find the opening when removing bookcase panels.

"Hey Batwoman I'm a big fan, please don't hurt me"....also, how are you going to pay for my fender panel that you just hit with a grapple gun??

Kinda hoped Marcus was going to kill Jada, I'm over her already. Feel really bad for that Wayne Tower security guard though.

Poison Mary has a very Batman the Animated Series vibe going on, I'm down for that. Great show with great iterations of the characters.

I liked the, cough too loud and you miss it, reference to Swamp Thing.

So the blood transfusion is complete, right? As much as I've enjoyed Alice can she just go now? Is the thrust of NOT going away likely to be the heart-to-heart she and Mary had about being alone? Puulease.

Will Mary be the off again/on again foe through the rest of the season till we find out Jada's doctors formula can be tweaked(cause surely it's in a hard drive somewhere) and save Mary by seasons end?
    And all through seasons 1-2 they were acting like Wayne Enterprises was basically defunct and now, suddenly, with Ryan it's business as usual.

Can they not just use whatever entrance into the Cave it takes to drop the Batmobile off? Isn't that effectively a backdoor?

I think the real Ivy might take the spore out of Mary when she gets loose.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I do hope we get the real Pamela Isley by seasons end. It is stated she is alive.
    One true rogue would be nice vs these 2.0s (not all bad but still) but maybe we should be careful what we wish for. The writers could botch it hard.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Montoya sure has been blinded by love.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Alice continues to be pointless, but it is just where we are right now. Have to accept it.

Still liking what they are doing with Mary and her mission.

I like the report between Sophie and Luke, loved their little fist bump.

Montoya's betrayal...be interested to see how it shakes out in the end. Will she be the one to ultimately realize that Ivy needs to be put back down.

Marcus...will they use his dehydrating to evolve his look whenever he is brought back?

Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

We finally get to meet the real Poison Ivy, wearing a classier version of her Arkham duds, and Bridget Reagan does a solid job of depicting the sensual, passionate, and driven queen of green. I'm looking forward to seeing more from her now that they've returned.

Has Mary committed too many crimes for her to hypothetically go back to her practice and civilian life like this never happened? Like a lot of unpaid hotel bills.

I guess all the beefed up security around Wayne Enterprises means they can't just slip the Batcave back in whatever entrance it goes in?

Poor Luke being the only straight person on the team and having to sit around the lesbian drama.

I still get a kick out of characters learning for the first time in-universe that Bruce Wayne was Batman.

Marquis with a purple streak in his hair, in-case you forgot he's trying to be nuJoker. He even has playing card thugs. And one of those dancers at the party was wearing a harlequin outfit.

Speaking of Harley, Renee takes her place as Ivy's main female squeeze and we even see her in red and black...and wielding a bat. I guess then it's not a surprise that Renee turns out to be an accomplice/criminal when she frees Ivy after manipulating Alice and the Bat-Team to help her find her lost love. Is she really prepared for the consequences though?

That was pretty on-point for how a Joker would hold job interviews, I have to admit.

The Renee/Pam flashbacks made it feel like a subplot in the CW Batman show that chronicled Warren Christie's adventures pre-Batwoman. Minus Batman actually appearing.

I guess the only thing that could leave Marquis speechless is finding out his sister is Batwoman.

Well, on the one hand, they didn't stop Poison Mary. On the other hand, they stopped NuJoker and maybe Jada can figure out a way to fix his mental instability. But I was wondering myself if the desiccation might give Marquis his own take Jokers' pale skin.

Sophie should've knocked Alice out after handcuffing her if she really wanted Alice to stay in place.

Poison Mary has some really skewed priorities if she's actually offended that Ryan seemingly thought her brother was a bigger threat, what with him threatening to kill Luke and knowing her secret identity (after Mary told her).

Oh wow. Marquis got dealt with surprisingly quickly.

But now Ryan has not one, but two Poison Ivy's to deal with. And Montoya is now a villain, I guess?

Let's see where it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Oh wow. Marquis got dealt with surprisingly quickly.
    I hope that wasn't the end of Marquis Joker. I'm not opposed to him not being the Joker at some point but would like to see him put Ryan through the wringer first.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    I hope that wasn't the end of Marquis Joker. I'm not opposed to him not being the Joker at some point but would like to see him put Ryan through the wringer first.
    I guess they have enough to worry about with two Poison Ivy's.