Page 99 of 233 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Such a great episode, The fight scenes were done so well and the grappling gun scenes I totally loved.

Synopsis for finale is up:

SEASON FINALE – When one of Gotham’s former heroes returns to his old stomping grounds to settle a score, both Batwoman (Ruby Rose) and Commander Kane (Dougray Scott) find themselves on the defensive. Meanwhile, Alice (Rachel Skarsten) has uncovered what could finally take down Batwoman, but she is losing hold on her henchman Mouse (guest star Sam Littlefield) and Hush (guest star Gabriel Mann), sending her spiraling into her most wicked self. Luke (Camrus Johnson) immediately focuses on finding a way to protect Batwoman from Alice, and Mary (Nicole Kang) has a chance to be the sister Kate has needed all along. New information surfaces, forcing Julia (guest star Christina Wolfe) to warn Sophie (Meagan Tandy) about the person pulling the strings. And in a final standoff, when Commander Kane refuses to retreat from his war on Batwoman, Kate may find herself more than heartbroken by her father’s choices. Amanda Tapping directed the episode written by Holly Henderson and Don Whitehead (#120). Original airdate 5/17/2020.
    Source: https://batwoman.tv/batwoman-season-1-finale-synopsis

I'm going to guess the former hero is one of the following: Azrael, or Red Hood. No particular reason, those are just the first tow that came to mind that might be antagonistic towards Batwoman.

I wonder how the shortened season will effect the start of season 2, and if some of the original plans will be re-written.

[Edit] Just occurred to me - the former hero could also be Commissioner Gordon. The character is described as a "he", but it doesn't specify that the hero is a vigilante. I still think Azrael is most likely, but there are a few options.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 05-08-2020 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Synopsis for finale is up:

Source: https://batwoman.tv/batwoman-season-1-finale-synopsis

I'm going to guess the former hero is one of the following: Azrael, or Red Hood. No particular reason, those are just the first tow that came to mind that might be antagonistic towards Batwoman.

I wonder how the shortened season will effect the start of season 2, and if some of the original plans will be re-written.

[Edit] Just occurred to me - the former hero could also be Commissioner Gordon. The character is described as a "he", but it doesn't specify that the hero is a vigilante. I still think Azrael is most likely, but there are a few options.
    I wonder if he's an original character. I feel like it would've been announced if they were bringing a major Batman character to the show.

It sounds like Jacob trying to take him down leads to him going after Batwoman again.

Mouse betraying Alice? Maybe Hush instigates it?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if he's an original character. I feel like it would've been announced if they were bringing a major Batman character to the show.
    Meh, there are enough lower profile characters from the comics that exist already that they could choose from, without needing to create someone entirely new. Oh well, whatever, as long as the finale is good, I'm happy.

BANNED

Whoa never knew Amanda Tapping was involved in this show. Has she directed or appeared in previous episodes?

Mighty Member

I liked how Luke was able to understand that code book with those special glasses his father created.

It sounds like Jacob trying to take him down leads to him going after Batwoman again.

Mouse betraying Alice? Maybe Hush instigates it?
    I think hush as Alice's henchman is a bit of a stretch, even for this show.

I was hoping we would finally see a comic-accurate Hush in live-action and I was not disappointed. His first crime was even committed in a library .

Alice and Mouse are in conflict over Kate again, except this time Mouse just wants to leave Kate alone while Alice is the one obsessed with killing her. I guess she's really become a Joker now.

Superheros becoming so reliant on their support staffs and tech support that they don't seem to have any idea what to do without them there. I think even Oliver Queen knew how to run a trace if he needed to. But I guess Kate made do without Luke well enough.

It's good to see Parker has reconciled with her family and has a new girlfriend .

Mary looks so out-of-place in the Batcave. I'm getting Felicity-vibes.

Usually when you take a teenager into the Batcave it's foreshadowing their future as a costumed sidekick. Although I am a tad concerned that we're starting to let a few too many people into the Batcave. Especially when the two girls in the cave proceed to start shipping in said cave.

Is this the first time we've seen actual bats in the cave since the first two episodes?

I guess considering Batman's thing is coming up with contingencies to take down other heroes, it's a tad refreshing he had enough sense to devise contingencies against himself. Although now it seems like it's going to really backfire.

Those poor Arkham guards, still just doing their job but they end up beaten up by the main character...

I feel like Kate should've booby-trapped the glasses instead of just handing them to Alice. But I guess that was a Luke thing.

Batwoman's second Arkham breakout! Although she was less effective in subduing this one.

Do the Crows have access to the GCPD roof? Is there no set Bat-Signal privileges at this point?

When Julia mentioned stuff about Kate Luke didn't know, I thought that was going to tie-in to Safiyah, but Kate is acting like she didn't know who Julia was talking about. Unless Kate was just lying or Kate did something in Coryana but wasn't involved with Safiyah but that would still make her target Kate. I guess Kate also isn't going to find out about that lady whose neck Julia snapped.

Did I see a mention of a "suit of sorrows" in Lucius journal? Maybe we will see Azrael after all. Although why does Alice need Kryptonite of all things? Is she planning on brainwashing Kara ?

Did I see a mention of a "suit of sorrows" in Lucius journal? Maybe we will see Azrael after all. Although why does Alice need Kryptonite of all things? Is she planning on brainwashing Kara ?
    It's actually something copy-pasted from the Batsuit article on Wikipedia. It does actually sorta make sense in the context of the show, but it's likely just filler text. Of course, there's some people even mad about that. :eyeroll:
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I guess it's gonna come down to Mouse betraying Alice.

I just wonder if we'll get to see this next week or have to wait until Octobre.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I guess it's gonna come down to Mouse betraying Alice.

I just wonder if we'll get to see this next week or have to wait until Octobre.
    Next week:

Two swords, could that guy be Azrael?

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post

Two swords, could that guy be Azrael?
    According to IMDB, he seems to be named spoilers:
    Titan
    end of spoilers.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Yeah, there was no way anyone could've cracked Lucius' code. Those glasses were cool.

I did feel kind of bad for Mary again feeling like the last to know Kate's secret, but her and Parker bickering like that was funny.

Next year's cross-over will be a two hour event with Superman and Batwoman:
    https://deadline.com/2020/05/the-cw-...21-1202934828/