Page 156 of 233 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I hate that she doesn't have an unique costume to call her own. They went through the trouble of creating an OC and the best they can do is have her be Kate visually with black skin? SMFH

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I hate that she doesn't have an unique costume to call her own. They went through the trouble of creating an OC and the best they can do is have her be Kate visually with black skin? SMFH
    Yeah, well, isn't she basically taking Kate's family and villains too? Looks to be that way from what we know so far. They added the title font from the (Kate Kane) Batwoman comics too.

I wasn't expecting them to change the suit much.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wasn't expecting them to change the suit much.
    But they should have. This character not having anything to call her own is off to a terrible start.

But they should have. This character not having anything to call her own is off to a terrible start.
    I mean, the writers seem to be trying to have their cake and eat it too with having an OC protagonist but still using everything they setup for Kate in season 1 so it's not an altogether different show (even though it may as well be).

I don't necessarily agree with it, but I'm not surprised.

I agree with Immortal Weapon, it's a bad start. It's not a good way to introduce a new character to the franchise.

I also wonder what her connection to anyone in the Bat-Family will be, other than using the equipment and symbol. Bat-Family are usually Bruce's apprentices, but also family and friends. Kate, Luke and Julia are all family. The Robins, Signal, and Batgirls are apprentices and family.

What will this OC's connection be to someone from the Bat-Family? If she turns out to have no connection, then that's another stupid decision IMO.

I'm also annoyed by the in-universe Bat-Disappearing-Act. Does this mean anyone in the Arrowverse who puts on a Bat-suit more than once will disappear?
    My head-cannon is some powerful supervillain somewhere is making a collection, like an action-figure set. They probably have all the Robins as well as Bruce and Kate. Gotta collect 'em all!
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 09-26-2020 at 06:49 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I wonder if that planned Batwoman/Superman and Lois crossover is still happening with the retool. I always assumed the original plan was that it'd involve Batman showing up personally amidst all the stuff with Hush.

As for the costume, I believe they said that early on she'd be wearing Kate's suit but have her own later on.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    As for the costume, I believe they said that early on she'd be wearing Kate's suit but have her own later on.
    I wonder how many of the story beats of season one they'll repeat here:
    • The previous Bat goes missing.
    • A new Hero steps-up.
    • When they put on the suit everyone thinks the old Hero is back.
    • The new Hero makes some changes to the suit to set themselves apart.
    • Now the new Hero must prove themselves to Gotham and step-out from under the previous Hero's shadow.

Those were roughly the beats, right? It's been a while since I last watched season one, and I've watched way too much TV since.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    I wonder how many of the story beats of season one they'll repeat here:
    • The previous Bat goes missing.
    • A new Hero steps-up.
    • When they put on the suit everyone thinks the old Hero is back.
    • The new Hero makes some changes to the suit to set themselves apart.
    • Now the new Hero must prove themselves to Gotham and step-out from under the previous Hero's shadow.

Those were roughly the beats, right? It's been a while since I last watched season one, and I've watched way too much TV since.
    Well, they already hinted that New Girl will make changes to the suit to make it her own. So yeah, it's just like season 1 all over again.

On the plus side, at least they put the neck back into the suit. I hated in later episodes of Season 1 when Ruby had her neck exposed. It made no sense, especially since it was supposed to be an indestructible suit, so why WOULDN'T you want your neck covered?

She's not going to immediately have her own suit. That photo is from episode 2 or something. It's eventually going to look different.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    On the plus side, at least they put the neck back into the suit. I hated in later episodes of Season 1 when Ruby had her neck exposed. It made no sense, especially since it was supposed to be an indestructible suit, so why WOULDN'T you want your neck covered?
    Yeah, that was probably only due the previous lead having a neck injury (that happened during the pilot ep): there is a scar on the front right of her neck where she had the surgery (maybe faded by now). Apparently she also had an allergic reaction to the latex. I think the removal of the neck covering for purely to prevent, the then lead, from being put through more physical discomfort than absolutely necessary.

Hopefully the new lead doesn't have such allergic reactions, or injuries occurring on set.

Astonishing Member

Every season we're going to get a new actress playing a new Batwoman, aren't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    She's not going to immediately have her own suit. That photo is from episode 2 or something. It's eventually going to look different.
    I'll believe it when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Every season we're going to get a new actress playing a new Batwoman, aren't we?
    Let's just make it an anthology series where its a new lead every season and the only stability is the supporting cast .