Page 193 of 233 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Alice needs to be either locked up for life or shot in the head. She does not deserve to walk away after everything she's done.
    It's the Arrowverse tho. They just LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to let people complicit in serial murdery just walk away scott free.

Interested in seeing what places Luke and Diggle in a conversation with each other.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    It's the Arrowverse tho. They just LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to let people complicit in serial murdery just walk away scott free.
    And that's why we need Frank up in here!

Or at least Season 1 Oliver.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

That Eli guy was a dirtbag. I'm glad Batwoman was able to catch him .

Official confirmation that Enigma was Riddler's daughter. Somehow I suspect that, even if Ocean did a thorough job of making sure no one could link the body to them, Nigma will probably figure out who killed his daughter. Will this bring him onto the show? I wouldn't be surprised if Ocean is already dead by then.

It was nice to see Warren Christie get to, more or less, play the real Bruce Wayne even if I don't want to unpack the fact that Luke was (maybe) talking to Bruce in a purgatory inside his head. I would've appreciated seeing them cast someone as Lucius and for Luke to actually get to talk to his dad, but I guess Bruce had to give Luke the hard truths. Hard truths I thought were going to inspire Luke to become Batwing, but I guess now it's Diggle's job to inspire a bunch of black heroes in the Arrowverse.

What is the show going to do without the Crows there as their stand-in for police corruption and injustice? Use the GCPD? I don't think Ryan can call for them to burn down the police establishment. Are they going to repurpose the Crows set for something?

So...after that hug, Ryan and Sophie are officially cool with each other, right? Sophie even has Batcave privileges now.

I feel like the Bat-Team having a magical cure all in the Desert Rose is going to be super convenient for the plot unless there are some drawbacks or they only have a finite supply...but don't all they need to regrow it is blood from a woman? Is Safiyah ever going to come back?

So Wayne Tower security only kicks in when Alice knocks a chair over? Seriously? And Luke's official job is supposed to be Head of Security for a building that doesn't seem to really serve a purpose?

There really was no reason for Mary not to taze Alice and leave her for the police. And then she talks to Alice about love, which is kind of weird even if Ryan told her about Ocean.

I see Wolf-Spider is really trying to lean into being discount Catwoman when he's a socialite cat burglar who pulls of the special job the Bat-Team needs done.

Ryan shows she's growing when she actually abandons her attempt to clear Luke to save Jacob, who she's barely shared any screentime with. I'm not sure the old Ryan would have been willing to do it for the leader of the Crows.

Alice and Jacob finally team-up to free Kate, for added irony. I guess this gives Jacob something to do now that he doesn't have a job.

Usually these mindscape talks end with the person in them deciding to live...but Luke chose to pass on and survived anyways. That's got to do a number on the psyche.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    And that's why we need Frank up in here!

Or at least Season 1 Oliver.
    Season 1 Ollie couldn't even kill Malcolm Merlyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That Eli guy was a dirtbag. I'm glad Batwoman was able to catch him .

Official confirmation that Enigma was Riddler's daughter. Somehow I suspect that, even if Ocean did a thorough job of making sure no one could link the body to them, Nigma will probably figure out who killed his daughter. Will this bring him onto the show? I wouldn't be surprised if Ocean is already dead by then.

It was nice to see Warren Christie get to, more or less, play the real Bruce Wayne even if I don't want to unpack the fact that Luke was (maybe) talking to Bruce in a purgatory inside his head. I would've appreciated seeing them cast someone as Lucius and for Luke to actually get to talk to his dad, but I guess Bruce had to give Luke the hard truths. Hard truths I thought were going to inspire Luke to become Batwing, but I guess now it's Diggle's job to inspire a bunch of black heroes in the Arrowverse.

What is the show going to do without the Crows there as their stand-in for police corruption and injustice? Use the GCPD? I don't think Ryan can call for them to burn down the police establishment. Are they going to repurpose the Crows set for something?

So...after that hug, Ryan and Sophie are officially cool with each other, right? Sophie even has Batcave privileges now.

I feel like the Bat-Team having a magical cure all in the Desert Rose is going to be super convenient for the plot unless there are some drawbacks or they only have a finite supply...but don't all they need to regrow it is blood from a woman? Is Safiyah ever going to come back?

So Wayne Tower security only kicks in when Alice knocks a chair over? Seriously? And Luke's official job is supposed to be Head of Security for a building that doesn't seem to really serve a purpose?

There really was no reason for Mary not to taze Alice and leave her for the police. And then she talks to Alice about love, which is kind of weird even if Ryan told her about Ocean.

I see Wolf-Spider is really trying to lean into being discount Catwoman when he's a socialite cat burglar who pulls of the special job the Bat-Team needs done.

Ryan shows she's growing when she actually abandons her attempt to clear Luke to save Jacob, who she's barely shared any screentime with. I'm not sure the old Ryan would have been willing to do it for the leader of the Crows.

Alice and Jacob finally team-up to free Kate, for added irony. I guess this gives Jacob something to do now that he doesn't have a job.

Usually these mindscape talks end with the person in them deciding to live...but Luke chose to pass on and survived anyways. That's got to do a number on the psyche.

Not from a lack of trying.

Just finished the latest episode. It was good but still feel like something is missing this season.
    Good to see Bruce again, Luke should have been able to talk to his Dad but zi guess I understand why he couldnt and glad Jacob n Alice are going for Kate.
    I seriously hope Kate returns as Batwoman and Ryan can either be Batwoman too or create a new persona.
    Last edited by sorboares; 06-08-2021 at 04:48 PM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

For a season full of mediocrity this one shines. I really like Luke so a centric episode with him that I felt was well done helps shade my opinion.
    I totally get why Luke could not speak to his father. His father was fully on the other side. Bruce was the "gatekeeper". If you pass the gatekeeper your dead and Bruce, Lukes subconscious, knew he still had more to do. I take his subconscious as his body fighting to survive. So while Luke selfishly and understandably wanted to speak to his dad he was actually fighting on some other level to live.

I thought the Crows in S1 were largely handled pretty decent. For story purposes the writers have taken them down a corrupt path, infested with renegades so the disbanding of them is fine at this point. For a private security firm they felt a bit heavy handed in a city with you know.....an actual police department. I get we focused on the Crows as "law enforcement" due to the Kane connection but actual police have been missing from this show. One in particular...Gordon. Not sure why he isn't being used as a Batman acolyte.

Diggle. Alright curious to see him again especially since he is going to show up on Superman&Lois as well. This call back to the foundations of the Arrowverse are nice, or I'm hoping it will be nice.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Not from a lack of trying.
    Yeah, but there's only so much you can do about plot armor .

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    His suit looks good but of course no surprise he is suiting up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, he thought he did. But Malcom didn't even need a Lazarus Pit when he had the magical Writing Team in his back pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I thought the Crows in S1 were largely handled pretty decent. For story purposes the writers have taken them down a corrupt path, infested with renegades so the disbanding of them is fine at this point. For a private security firm they felt a bit heavy handed in a city with you know.....an actual police department.
    Well, they are doing the same thing in the comics now.

I feel that the helmet is a little too Predator-like, but that could just be a side effect of the artists rendering. I'll reserve judgement until we see it in live action. The suit itself looks really good.

I've been waiting for this since episode 1, and I am not disappointed .

With out a doubt the best thing to come out of this whole Batwoman series, both seasons, to date.
    Batwing.jpg

Alice is a close second.
    Everything else doesn't rate the "best of" category.

With out a doubt the best thing to come out of this whole Batwoman series, both seasons, to date.
    Batwing.jpg

Alice is a close second.
    Everything else doesn't rate the "best of" category.
    Cluemaster and Steph were pretty great too.

I'm reserving judgement on both Steph and Cluemaster till they are shown more. I'll grant they had above average intros for characters on this show.

I also don't get some folks interest in Wolf-Spider.

It's only natural that the Crows would be shut down at this point, but I almost wish they didn't end up making them so corrupt and evil in the end. They could've just shown that private security is something that's only going to benefit the rich and the elite and it's not helping Gotham so Sophie and Jacob ultimately leave.

Not sure what they're going to do with Jacob, but having him join Alice to reunite with Kate should be interesting.

I was surprised that Luke had Bruce in his mind. Could it mean we're actually going to get some sort of closure on the Bruce Wayne is missing plot?

I thought the Crows in S1 were largely handled pretty decent. For story purposes the writers have taken them down a corrupt path, infested with renegades so the disbanding of them is fine at this point. For a private security firm they felt a bit heavy handed in a city with you know.....an actual police department. I get we focused on the Crows as "law enforcement" due to the Kane connection but actual police have been missing from this show. One in particular...Gordon. Not sure why he isn't being used as a Batman acolyte.
    Maybe he's retired? It would be nice to see a Gotham cop we know, though. Maybe Ellen Yin/Yindel.