Page 21 of 233 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Very small potential spoiler:

https://twitter.com/BatwomanBR/statu...26013702328326

spoilers:
    Brendon Zub implies in the video that he'll be seeing the rest of the cast soon, possibly for season 1 filming in July. That would mean his character, Chuck, survives the pilot and could be a series regular. And since his character is associated with Alice, she might also survive.
    end of spoilers
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    First, you have to temper your expectations with the fact that everything we've seen so far is from the Pilot. It's more than likely that the producers and writers will take the criticisms they've heard about the Pilot from those who have already seen it (studio execs), along with criticisms they hear from the trailer, and use that to make adjustments to the show.

On top of that, these shows tend to take a little while to get into their groove. I gave up on Arrow after two episodes, and only came back a year and a half later because I learned that an actor I liked was on the show. And re-watching the first season, I could see them gradually changing things to make the show better. Legends of Tomorrow- that show is still reinventing itself.

Basically what I am saying is- yes, there was some cringe-worthy dialogue in the trailer, and maybe the acting was spotty. But you have to allow for the finished product to be better, or at least different, then what we have seen so far.
    Agreed, I find with most shows the pilot is bad. But I have a rule, if it wasn't completely atrocious and if it intrigued me even a little bit, I will give it until episode 3 or sometimes 4. If I didn't follow this rule I would have given-up on many shows I like before realising I liked them. Like Krypton and Dark Matter, I didn't like the pilots for either of those, and the first Flash and Supergirl were ultra cheesy.

There are some shows that hook you straight away, the most recent example I think of is Counterpart, but being good right from the beginning is rare.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Say what you want about BOP but it didn't really look bad.
    Yes it did. In every conceivable way possible.

I just saw the preview on the cw app, liking it already.
    Sorry I have not read any of this post in the thread to avoid any spoilers. I have only read a few issues, question will this follow close to the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    Sorry I have not read any of this post in the thread to avoid any spoilers. I have only read a few issues, question will this follow close to the comics?
    Yes and no. From what has been shown so far, her backstory seems largely the same. And there are quite a few elements of her stories that have been concisely adapted in some way.

But there are also a number of big changes. The element of Batman's disappearance, while working as an overarching plotline, means that for right now at least, Kate does not have her own HQ. Kate herself is also markedly less mature and more obviously feminist than her comic counterpart; I expect she'll grow more nuanced as the show goes on.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Season 1 premieres October 6:

https://tvline.com/2019/06/17/the-cw...atwoman-arrow/

It will also have encore showings on the 7th and 8th.
    Last edited by Caivu; 06-17-2019 at 02:07 PM.

Press screeners have been going out the past few days or so, and reactions remain positive:

https://twitter.com/AndieTweets/stat...66527475232768

https://twitter.com/damianholbrook/s...59001799077888

There's also apparently some indication of when the crossover takes place:

https://twitter.com/damianholbrook/s...52024843247618

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Very small potential spoiler:

https://twitter.com/BatwomanBR/statu...26013702328326

spoilers:
    Brendon Zub implies in the video that he'll be seeing the rest of the cast soon, possibly for season 1 filming in July. That would mean his character, Chuck, survives the pilot and could be a series regular. And since his character is associated with Alice, she might also survive.
    end of spoilers
    I would expect spoilers:
    Alice
    end of spoilers to survive. I'd expect them to be the big bad for the season, if not the series.

The pilot will premiere at SDCC on July 17, with a panel on July 20:

https://tvline.com/2019/06/24/comic-...-panels-dates/

Incredible Member

The pilot will premiere at SDCC on July 17, with a panel on July 20:

https://tvline.com/2019/06/24/comic-...-panels-dates/
    Didn’t the flash pilot leak? Like tv quality? Maybe that will happen with Batwoman.

Supergirl`s pilot also leaked a few months before the TV premiere, IIRC.

Night Ride teaser:

Needs a big red bat-symbol on it, and she needs to be in bat-uniform. Hoping by ep 2 or 3 it'll be bat-bike of some kind.

Batwoman-Kate-Kane-DC-Comics-h5.jpg
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 06-28-2019 at 04:23 PM.

What looks bad in this particular promo? Please, be specific.
    With that promo ? Its trying too hard.