Page 45 of 233 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

So, this guy came to Batwoman subreddit with some... let's call it "leaks", and since he's usually right, I decided to post it here.

I am posting this here because it has to do with Batwoman, but included everything.

HBO Max and Greg Berlanti will be announcing a new slate of DC shows in January. They are all Greg Berlanti shows. He is in charge of DC for HBO Max.

Doom Patrol will be part of that slate. They’ve not yet decided if Titans is part of it.

They’re trying to buy content en masse for HBO Max.

A very interesting point was made about Joker: The television arm of DC was doing Joker before Joker. What they're saying is that they need to improve how they talk to each other within WarnerMedia and share ideas.

They wanted to take Batwoman from CW and make it the launch series for HBO Max. Batwoman's been renewed already. Batwoman is going to be on HBO Max next year, but only once it’s done on CW.

HBO Max allows them to make unproduced scripts that the film studio turned down, into films for it. They don’t need to worry about theatrical.

Greg Berlanti has at least 10 films in development, 3 of which will definitely be made. In addition to one filming right now. He didn’t say they’re doing DC films on HBO Max, but that wouldn't be too surprising.
    Now, since it isn't official, yet, I'm taking it with a grain of salt, despite him being mostly right.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BatwomanTV/...berlanti_news/

As cool as Oliver's toys are, I love the possibility of Kate learning about and using all these bat gadgets! The re-breather! I also like the way the rocks form around this Batcave. I'm sure within time, Kate will have more of a support staff down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    [*]Then there are the Batman-purists who don't like Batman being "replaced", and feel that he's been victimized by his nasty younger cousin using his stuff. Also, they wanted another Batman show, because Batman doesn't have enough shows/films/video-games already.
    So in other words, they are Bat-Mite from Batman the Brave and the Bold?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Both Supergirl and the Flash suffer from the writers having no clue how to write for people with powers, so both Kara and Barry zoom in at super-speed or fly in and make a dramatic hand on hips pose and speak a horrible cliche, and then take it in the face like a champ, because they were too busy monologuing and not actually *fighting*. If *I* had super-speed the crooks would be all like, "I'm robbing a bank, woo!" <Whoosh> "And now I'm in jail? Whaaaaat just happened?"
    It's tough adapting comic book superheroes into live action because that kind of stuff is pretty standard for comic books and makes sense when it's images and panel to panel...in TV you have to stop the action to have heroes stand and talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Alfred?" Jeez, anyone with only a passing knowledge of Bruce Wayne could probably figure that one out. It's practically like using your birthday or "deadparents" as a password.
    His password should be @lfred. Nobody would figure that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Given the age gap between Bruce and Kate, and that Oracle/Babs is confirmed to exist (mentioned in an interview, and referenced in an Arrow episode), this Kate Kane is possibly younger than Babs and Dick. Also, the changes to her backstory as being rescued by Batman, and Bruce being a mentor to her when she was a kid - makes her somewhat more robin-like in this version. I think they also aged-her-down so to speak so she can better match Supergirl.
    She has definitely been aged down, but I feel like it's hard to pin down an age when Barbara should be Oracle. On the Young Justice cartoon she's barely in her 20's, and on Beware the Batman she took on the Oracle name as a teenager, skipping Batgirl entirely, which this show may end up doing as well. Because once the public learns that this new Bat character is female, will they be wondering if she is a new person entirely...or Batgirl?

I thought the scene of Papa Crow deciding to lie to Kate because he didn't want his daughter to spend the rest of her life obsessed with her sister was a well done.(as was the previous flashback where Kate admits her guilt) It obviously broke his heart to stop searching, but he needed to care for the daughter he had left. And in true parent/child fashion, she totally wasn't able to appreciate his sacrifice.

I hate to admit it, but the writing might be outpacing Rose's abilities. We'll see as the show goes on, but she might be keeping things too close to the vest in her scenes - while not having Kate be overtly emotional, we should feel what's going on underneath and for me, I'm not totally getting it from her in the most important scenes.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-16-2019 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I thought the scene of Papa Crow deciding to lie to Kate because he didn't want his daughter to spend the rest of her life obsessed with her sister was a well done.(as was the previous flashback where Kate admits her guilt) It obviously broke his heart to stop searching, but he needed to care for the daughter he had left. And in true parent/child fashion, she totally wasn't able to appreciate his sacrifice.

I hate to admit it, but the writing might be outpacing Rose's abilities. We'll see as the show goes on, but she might be keeping things too close to the vest in her scenes - while not having Kate be overtly emotional, we should feel what's going on underneath and for me, I'm not totally getting it from her in the most important scenes.
    I'm not sure if he was lying. He might have been tricked by Hamiltons.

They look happy:

https://twitter.com/BatwomanBR/statu...54182491545601

Attachment 88434

Looking forward to seeing the team-ups of these two.

Live +3 ratings double for episode 2:

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/liv...us-1203375979/
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    As cool as Oliver's toys are, I love the possibility of Kate learning about and using all these bat gadgets! The re-breather! I also like the way the rocks form around this Batcave. I'm sure within time, Kate will have more of a support staff down there.
    Well, it is an Arrowverse show .

I'm more curious if she can fit any vehicles in there other then the bike.
    She has definitely been aged down, but I feel like it's hard to pin down an age when Barbara should be Oracle. On the Young Justice cartoon she's barely in her 20's, and on Beware the Batman she took on the Oracle name as a teenager, skipping Batgirl entirely, which this show may end up doing as well. Because once the public learns that this new Bat character is female, will they be wondering if she is a new person entirely...or Batgirl?
    It'd be kind of hilarious if we get the "girl vs. woman" discussion but the result is completely different from when Cat Grant justified calling Kara Supergirl .

They've already addressed that Robin exists. I guess we'll see if they name-drop any other established Batfamily members.

Incredible Member

Haven't read all the posts so I don't know if this has been discussed or not but I wonder if the show is going into what happened to all of Batman's villains once Bruce disappeared (or are they untouchable because they will potentially be in the movies).

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Haven't read all the posts so I don't know if this has been discussed or not but I wonder if the show is going into what happened to all of Batman's villains once Bruce disappeared (or are they untouchable because they will potentially be in the movies).
    We already saw in the last crossover that a lot of them are in Arkham Asylum. I am not sure if it is worth the airtime to discuss why or how they ended up in Arkham, or if the ones not shown are also in Arkham.
    So it is probably safe to assume that if we don't see or hear of a villain on the loose, they are probably in Arkham. Even Alice was headed to Arkham until the convoy got bombed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, it is an Arrowverse show .

I'm more curious if she can fit any vehicles in there other then the bike.

It'd be kind of hilarious if we get the "girl vs. woman" discussion but the result is completely different from when Cat Grant justified calling Kara Supergirl .

They've already addressed that Robin exists. I guess we'll see if they name-drop any other established Batfamily members.
    Kind of makes me wonder how close Kate was with Dick (original Robin) considering she and Bruce seemed fairly close as well. And makes me wonder if there was more than 1 Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Kind of makes me wonder how close Kate was with Dick (original Robin) considering she and Bruce seemed fairly close as well. And makes me wonder if there was more than 1 Robin.
    Almost seems like there has to have been more than one Robin. Unless Batman returns and takes on more Robins later on in life. Bruce did take on Carrie Kelley in The Dark Knight Returns, so I guess it is possible.

Batwoman giving Hush Fans their due when Batman: Hush the animated movie shat all over our hopes and dreams
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Batwoman giving Hush Fans their due when Batman: Hush the animated movie shat all over our hopes and dreams
    Not really. Thom Elliot ws pretty lame.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

I enjoyed that Riddler mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Not really. Thom Elliot ws pretty lame.
    At least they gave us tommy elliot as a villain and psychopath. Plus there is no way he doesn't come back
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"