Page 81 of 233 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

That episode was great, really great.

I am pissed about the ending, however, especially since I saw it coming once the father came back. They didn't think to give Beth a bulletproof vest?

I do wish they took the risk and kept Alice dead. It would've been the perfect time especially with a new potential big bad coming around.

So...Beth and Luke? That might have been a fun thing to see happen if not for the ending .

Hey, cryogenics worked so well for Nora Fries...although if you go by Elseworlds, she apparently went as crazy as her husband did.

I wasn't expecting the surgeon to turn out to be Cartwright, but in hindsight it's almost kind of obvious. A shame he's still alive, but hopefully he'll get his proper comeuppance by the end of the season.

He was the one who turned Beth into Alice and in some ways set everything in motion, he wants Alice dead, Alice wants him dead, Kate will need to stop both...do I sense a three-way battle to close out the season ?

Wayne Tower security is starting to make STAR Labs look like the Fortress of Solitude. I think they might need to hire more guys then Carl.

Uh...go janitor? I wonder if that's going to come back and bite Jacob once he gets out of prison.

I guess Mary conveniently having handcuffs in her clinic proved far more useful then she expected.

Alice has one extremely messed up worldview if she thinks murdering Catherine did Mary a favor or makes them "sisters," or seeing Catherine as her sub-conscious ghost. Or not realizing that she had given Kate very reason in the world not to save her. I wonder if ghost!Catherine was aware enough to assume she'd be down under instead of up above or if that was just Alice's thoughts seeping through?

I'll be honest, I was not expecting a raid on Wayne Tower in season 1. That's more of a season 2, season 3 type thing. But I guess this is technically the 1st season of a spinoff of the in-universe Batman's several season adventures, so they can go ahead and pace these things however they like.

Kate made the reasonable decision and tried to save the only Beth that was really worth saving, but she at least wanted to be their with her sister in the end, showing that no matter how much she gave up on Alice, there was still a part of her that loved her like a sister. Of course all that was made moot by Beth's dying, leaving Alice feeling betrayed that Kate chose Beth instead of her. Oops .

Kate can catch a knife in mid-air but she can't block a tray? I get she was a little disoriented, but it was fairly telegraphed.

So...I wonder how they're going to explain Sophie seeing Luke with "Alice" and then Alice getting shot to death?

For a little while there I was so sure they were going to have Sophie kill Beth. I'm torn between being glad it didn't happen because I'd hate for the characters to be put through that and disappointed because it would've made some damn good drama!

Either way, this show keeps getting better and better.

The latest episode was great and full of twists and turns. I just wish we saw more of Kate dressed at Batwoman!
    I like the look of her new cowl n I think I like her throat showing ( need to see more to really decide)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest, none of the shows introduced their Big Bad so early into their first season as Batwoman did. Most of them made their first appearance in the mid-season finale's.
    Not really true. Tobias Whale was introduced as early as the first episode of Black Lightning and Thawne was present in the Flash from the beginning even if we didn't know who he really was.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Not really true. Tobias Whale was introduced as early as the first episode of Black Lightning and Thawne was present in the Flash from the beginning even if we didn't know who he really was.
    Tobias is definitely an exception, although Black Lightning's smaller episode count made it less of an issue compared to other Arrowverse shows.

Again, I didn't count Thawne because Flash fighting Reverse-Flash didn't become the season arc until their fight in the mid-season finale, so even though Thawne was on the show it wasn't like, say, them having to come up with a way to stop Zoom, Thinker, or Cicada all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    True, but in Thawne's case we really didn't know he was evil until the midseason cliffhanger. We only knew he was shady and immoral.

Actually, all of these shows have introduced the Big Bads early on. Astra and Non appeared in the first few episodes on Supergirl. Then there is Malcolm Merlyn in Arrow- he was introduced relatively early, and it was clear he was a bad guy. We just didn't know he was the Big Bad until the mid season cliffhanger. And of course the Big Bads are always introduced in the first episode of Legends each season.

In addition to what others say, by Season 2 people were also pretty sick of Tobias.

I get that people want to see Kate fight more people and mix it up, but I have not gotten tired of Alice at all. I thought they did a good job, presenting Kate with that dilemma, and the scene of her going to Alice to say goodbye, etc. I could feel Alice's pain at Kate's decision, even though we as sane people all know why Kate made the choice that she did. I also really thought they were going to kill Alice (though I suspected they would have Alice creep into Beth's brain with some alt-universe sciencey explanation next season) - guess they didn't have to go that way. They get to have their cake and eat it too though since Kate and Alice will still have to live with Kate's decision. I am surprised they didn't have Sophie kill Beth since this show is all about the various characters' strained relationships.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-17-2020 at 11:38 AM.

This episode was very good. Even though I didn't get how an antidote is supposed to help when you're a multiversal anomaly.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    This episode was very good. Even though I didn't get how an antidote is supposed to help when you're a multiversal anomaly.
    It's just supposed to keep one alive long enough for the other to die, which resets things for the remaining one. spoilers:
    After Beth was killed, Alice was instantly better.
    end of spoilers
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member

That was messed up....

Knowing there's a vampire showing up makes me wonder if that was the point of giving Batwoman a costume that doesn't protect her neck.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I get that people want to see Kate fight more people and mix it up, but I have not gotten tired of Alice at all. I thought they did a good job, presenting Kate with that dilemma, and the scene of her going to Alice to say goodbye, etc. I could feel Alice's pain at Kate's decision, even though we as sane people all know why Kate made the choice that she did. I also really thought they were going to kill Alice (though I suspected they would have Alice creep into Beth's brain with some alt-universe sciencey explanation next season) - guess they didn't have to go that way. They get to have their cake and eat it too though since Kate and Alice will still have to live with Kate's decision. I am surprised they didn't have Sophie kill Beth since this show is all about the various characters' strained relationships.
    Actually.... I wonder if we'll see Beth creep into Alice's brain.

Kate seems pretty upbeat in the 1x13 promo... could it be that Luke lies about what happened to Beth?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)