Page 75 of 233 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    IMO, it's because she seems to be the only one Kate fights, so Alice constantly escaping and walking over Kate just make the heroine look incompetent, and I just find her personally annoying. Kate going on a roadtrip with Alice and walking in and out of her evil lair out of costume and telling her to turn back to being Beth instead of beating her senseless doesn't help her case. It took about 10 episodes for Kate to finally arrest her...and she just waltzes right back out.
    This is all kinda ignoring a lot of context.

Alice constantly escaping and walking over Kate just make the heroine look incompetent
    I wouldn't say Kate looks incompetent. She rescued Sophie, broke herself out of her captivity, successfully raided Alice's base and captured her, and captured her again.

Kate going on a roadtrip with Alice
    You know that wasn't for fun, right? It was Alice's demand in exchange for information.

walking in and out of her evil lair out of costume and telling her to turn back to being Beth instead of beating her senseless
    This was still when Kate believed Alice was redeemable. That Beth was salvageable. That's ultimately what she was trying to do.
    Last edited by Caivu; 01-26-2020 at 10:32 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

The car scene was tense I thought Beth was done .

I didn't care for the inital casting of Kate but, the story has been pretty good so far and little bits of it work well. If the story was a bit tighter I'd probably be a bigger fan.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post

This was still when Kate believed Alice was redeemable. That Beth was salvageable. That's ultimately what she was trying to do.
    I think this is definitely not in the vain of Cicada/Thinker levels of hero stupidity

I wouldn't say Kate looks incompetent. She rescued Sophie, broke herself out of her captivity, successfully raided Alice's base and captured her, and captured her again.

You know that wasn't for fun, right? It was Alice's demand in exchange for information.

She still should've thrown her in prison first chance. Have your chats with Alice while she's behind bars rather than when she's out in the wild.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

She still should've thrown her in prison first chance. Have your chats with Alice while she's behind bars rather than when she's out in the wild.
    Except the very first time that was tried, Alice was almost assassinated. And Kate didn't want her sister dead. So... bit of a sticky wicket there.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Except the very first time that was tried, Alice was almost assassinated. And Kate didn't want her sister dead. So... bit of a sticky wicket there.
    That poor serial killer.

Really, I think the main problem with Alice is that she's used in every episode and she just keeps racking up a bigger and bigger body count.

They really should give her some breaks and give Alice something besides getting away with murder every episode if they want us to take Kate's side of not locking her up until now.

Although, since it's a shared world now, why not just call Barry and have him throw Alice in the pipeline?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Kate has fought the Executioner, Magpie, the Rifle and Tommy Elliot. This show isn't just limiting her to Alice.

Tonights episode was really good. Even though we saw Batwoman for a few seconds I still really enjoyed it.
    So has anyone else noticed Batwomans mask, well the neck piece and the piece that covers her cheeks and chin have been removed?
    You can now see more of her lower face and you can see her neck.
    The cheek part is more comic accurate now I guess. But in the comics her neck is usually covered.
    I still think she looks cool.
    Anyone know why this was changed? Comfort?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    Tonights episode was really good. Even though we saw Batwoman for a few seconds I still really enjoyed it.
    So has anyone else noticed Batwomans mask, well the neck piece and the piece that covers her cheeks and chin have been removed?
    The cheek part is more comic accurate now I guess. But in the comics her neck is usually covered.
    I would think so. The batcostumes are not really known to be comfortable in real^^

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    All of these shows, for the most part, have had season long Big Bads. Flash is changing it up this year, and Arrow split the season in 6 and 7, but all of the other shows still do this. Why is Alice the bridge too far? Honestly curious.
    I only watch this show and supergirl regularly; I’m not too interested in the Alice storyline from the Batwoman comic. I gave this a chance, but I’m not a fan of psychotic characters in general, and adding her normal doppelgänger just complicates things further. Batwoman isn’t really wowing me with this storyline, and I’d like to see her fight other villains.

IMO, it's because she seems to be the only one Kate fights, so Alice constantly escaping and walking over Kate just make the heroine look incompetent, and I just find her personally annoying. Kate going on a roadtrip with Alice and walking in and out of her evil lair out of costume and telling her to turn back to being Beth instead of beating her senseless doesn't help her case. It took about 10 episodes for Kate to finally arrest her...and she just waltzes right back out.

Honestly, I just want a break from Alice. Give Kate some other villains to fight for a few episodes so she can actually appear competent instead of just chasing Alice in circles.
    I wish I saw this first, before I posted my response.

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    Didn’t ruby rose have neck surgery recently? Maybe they removed it so she wouldn’t be uncomfortable.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Didn’t ruby rose have neck surgery recently? Maybe they removed it so she wouldn’t be uncomfortable.
    Whenever I see action scenes I wonder which is the one where she got hurt.

I mean outside of the scene in the junkyard which was another of their efforts to hide the stunt person doing all the nifty stuff for Ruby Rose. I dunno, maybe I am being picky but this show (and i like the show) has been the worst when it comes to hiding the stunt people even with the strobe lighting in scenes or darkness or smokey environments

It wasn't from any of the newer episodes. She had surgery before SDCC, which is why she wasn't able to go.

Longer 1x12 promo:

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Whenever I see action scenes I wonder which is the one where she got hurt.

I mean outside of the scene in the junkyard which was another of their efforts to hide the stunt person doing all the nifty stuff for Ruby Rose. I dunno, maybe I am being picky but this show (and i like the show) has been the worst when it comes to hiding the stunt people even with the strobe lighting in scenes or darkness or smokey environments
    The stunt work on this show has been piss poor. Which I don't get, because with the full costume on, all you need is a really good stunt woman with a similar build, but even in the suit the fights aren't that dynamic. I hope they get some of Arrow's stunt team, so the fights can improve.

I'm starting to wonder- with Beth and Alice, we all know that one of them will die, and it will probably be Beth. But what if, when she dies, she's absorbed into Alice? Then Alice would have the internal conflict of two lives- the one that made her into Alice, and the one that never went through all of that. Which could then lead to Mouse being the ultimate villain of the season, and Alice beginning down the road to redemption.