Page 46 of 233 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Kind of makes me wonder how close Kate was with Dick (original Robin) considering she and Bruce seemed fairly close as well. And makes me wonder if there was more than 1 Robin.
    And where are the robins, anyway?

Mary...socialite/med student by day, doctor by night. Goes to show you should never underestimate a pretty face and a girly girl .

So...Beth was apparently kidnapped and held somewhere. Was Catherine involved in that? The Religion of Crime?

Tommy Elliot was pretty much Tommy Elliot, a smug and conniving rich guy obsessed with Bruce Wayne and angry over dead parents that he actually tried to kill himself. They even adapted from Hush that Riddler told him Bruce was Batman, which means Riddler knows and could mean trouble later on for Kate. I was disappointed they dropped the medical angle and the whole Hush visual, but maybe they can use that eventually. Hope he comes back.

I wonder how long Jacob is going to deny that Alice is Beth. It seems like he's becoming more and more convinced by the episode.

Tyler seems like such a nice guy. I feel bad for him that he's stuck in the losing role of a CW love triangle that he doesn't even know he's in, especially when Sophie looks so conflicted. How soon until someone spills that Kate was Sophie's ex-girlfriend? I'm amazed Mary didn't make it more obvious, so good on her.

I can't wait to see the "I had a totally good reason for abandoning Gotham and being Batman" excuse when they finally address what the heck Bruce has been doing .

Batwoman finally makes her proper debut! It's interesting seeing the contrast between Kate's look and the more feminine-looking Batwoman, but I guess that's to make the gender more obvious to anyone. For a second there I was also wondering if Kate was trying to sound more feminine in her bat-voice when she was talking to Tommy.

Considering how surprised Vesper was at someone female in a bat-suit, I'm guessing Batgirl was never a thing.

Well, Kate sure moved on quick. And with a hot and charming blonde to boot. Kate's got her cousin's game .

Y'know, if the Magpie actress wasn't a completely different person I would've assumed she was actually Regan. But would that make her even more obviously a Catwoman stand-in? Not that I'd mind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So...Beth was apparently kidnapped and held somewhere. Was Catherine involved in that? The Religion of Crime?
    I got a Professor Pyg vibe.

How soon until someone spills that Kate was Sophie's ex-girlfriend? I'm amazed Mary didn't make it more obvious, so good on her.
    I saw someone completely blowing a gasket about this on Twitter, claiming that Sophie had been outed against her will by other characters, with the implication that it had been done to her on purpose and as some sort of punishment for keeping herself hidden, and that the show supported such a thing. Which if true, would indeed be very bad.

But it wasn't like that at all. Reagan figured it out because she's perceptive, but that's it. No one actually outs Sophie, and Tyler only starts to make the barest hint of a connection after talking to Kate. This person had riled themselves up over basically nothing whatsoever.

I liked the episode. It was better than episode 2, but not by as much. The weakest part was Tommy's backstory, which was literally all exposition. And Catherine remains the most underwritten character. But the rest of the main cast all got some depth. I especially liked Sophie and Mary's dynamic and Kate's realistic level of doubt about what she was doing; that fit this version's experiences and seemed plausible.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I liked how Alice/Beth saved Kate from Tommy. Sisterly love or Alice just wants to save Kate for herself to torture?

Considering how surprised Vesper was at someone female in a bat-suit, I'm guessing Batgirl was never a thing.
    Maybe Barbara has been Oracle longer than Vesper has been in town. Or it's been so long no one remembers Batgirl anymore. Is there some sort of timeline where Barbara became Oracle and Kate became Batwoman?

I am not loving this show. It's okay, but just okay. I'll keep going, but it's on a short leash. Kate wanting her sister back is understandable, not seeming to care about how many people she killed is not. (though she obviously did not kill that family, that was the new wife). Maybe I am burned out by the whole Arrowverse, or maybe this show isn't as engaging.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I am not loving this show. It's okay, but just okay. I'll keep going, but it's on a short leash. Kate wanting her sister back is understandable, not seeming to care about how many people she killed is not. (though she obviously did not kill that family, that was the new wife). Maybe I am burned out by the whole Arrowverse, or maybe this show isn't as engaging.
    She did?? I thought the new wife was responsible for the garage attack and taking the knife, but I didn't think she killed that family. Was that confirmed on the show and I missed it?

Regarding Tommy and the Gun:
    -- Was anyone else getting a "younger, less talented James Spader" vibe from the Tommy Elliot actor?
    -- Bruce Wayne manufacturing any kind of gun just doesn't seem right to me. It was kinda contrived that Bruce developed the gun in case someone got their hands on the Batsuit, but he then also built a way to disable the gun *in the batsuit!* And really - that's the *only* kind of gun that can penetrate the suit? He's not Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    She did?? I thought the new wife was responsible for the garage attack and taking the knife, but I didn't think she killed that family. Was that confirmed on the show and I missed it?
    My speculation. It just seemed like a set up. I think there was something in some scene that led me to think it, but I can't remember and not worth going back to see.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

-- Bruce Wayne manufacturing any kind of gun just doesn't seem right to me. It was kinda contrived that Bruce developed the gun in case someone got their hands on the Batsuit, but he then also built a way to disable the gun *in the batsuit!* And really - that's the *only* kind of gun that can penetrate the suit? He's not Iron Man.
    I can actually see that. Bruce could assume that if someone got their hands on the suit, they may not know all of what it can do or how to access certain things. So while it would be a risk, it would be a small risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Kate wanting her sister back is understandable, not seeming to care about how many people she killed is not.
    I think she does, but it's complicated. Kate believes Beth is still somewhere in Alice and is salvageable, and detaining her herself won't help that. And after last episode, turning her over to the GCPD or Crows is basically sentencing Alice to death. So she's a little bit stuck, although there's at least an ultimatum now.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I liked the episode. It was better than episode 2, but not by as much. The weakest part was Tommy's backstory, which was literally all exposition. And Catherine remains the most underwritten character. But the rest of the main cast all got some depth. I especially liked Sophie and Mary's dynamic and Kate's realistic level of doubt about what she was doing; that fit this version's experiences and seemed plausible.
    Well, they really had to give a lot of context as to exactly why he hated Bruce/Batman and went to such an extent. Maybe if they had played him as more of an overarching villain, which would have fit Hush, but that obviously doesn't seem to be in the cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I liked how Alice/Beth saved Kate from Tommy. Sisterly love or Alice just wants to save Kate for herself to torture?
    And Kate gets saved for the first time by someone else. The firs time she properly goes out as Batwoman no less .
    Maybe Barbara has been Oracle longer than Vesper has been in town. Or it's been so long no one remembers Batgirl anymore. Is there some sort of timeline where Barbara became Oracle and Kate became Batwoman?
    There's continuities where she becomes Oracle first, but not involving Kate as Batwoman.
    To be honest I think it would be more believable if he developed a fail safe to lock the suit remotely if someone else ever got it.

There's continuities where she becomes Oracle first, but not involving Kate as Batwoman.
    In the Arrowverse on season 4 of Arrow when Felicity was trying to think of a codename she wanted to use Oracle but was told it was already take. It is now season 8 of Arrow. So Oracle has been around in the
    Arrowverse for at least 4 years. That would have been before Batman left Gotham City. And its possible that Oracle has been around longer than that if the people in Star City know about Oracle. So with Batgirl
    disappearing years ago maybe Vesper came to Gotham City afterwards or people assumed Batgirl was Batman. With the two of them roaming about in the dark it might be no one noticed one was a woman.

Good episode, but I wonder whether they'll be skipping ahead soon, as of yet Batwoman is chronologically over a year behind the rest of the shows.

I wonder why they didn’t tie Alice into the mad hatter; was that part of her origin in the comics? And the familiarity between them-what’s the point of it?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I wonder why they didn’t tie Alice into the mad hatter; was that part of her origin in the comics? And the familiarity between them-what’s the point of it?
    No, Hatter and Alice are unrelated.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    No, Hatter and Alice are unrelated.
    They should be. If they plan on redeeming Alice being controlled by Hatter would be a easiest thing for them to do.