Page 208 of 215 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 3223

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

  1. #3106
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    4,293

    Default

    This on-set, behind the scenes network and showrunner/actors interaction is more dramatic than anything they've put on screen with this show!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  2. #3107
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    3,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    If his priors were that bad, he wouldn't be on anything. That he still is means to me he's still okay at WB.
    Eh, not necessarily. All movie studios have a history of sweeping misconduct by upper management under the rug, as long as they get results. As long as Johns and Berlanti are making the studio money, nothing short of a massive expose in the media will get them removed- and even that isn't guaranteed.

  3. #3108
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Eh, not necessarily. All movie studios have a history of sweeping misconduct by upper management under the rug, as long as they get results. As long as Johns and Berlanti are making the studio money, nothing short of a massive expose in the media will get them removed- and even that isn't guaranteed.
    Only if there is evidence, which hasn't surfaced yet regarding Johns (at least anything serious).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  4. #3109
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,502

    Default

    Jesus Alice, leaving a little girl to be eaten by a Killer Croc solely to make a point? Gotta be a new low.

    Luke and Mary were adorable together though

  5. #3110
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Only if there is evidence, which hasn't surfaced yet regarding Johns (at least anything serious).
    No, but the fact that these things keep happening on projects he’s an EP of make him look bad, or a very tempting scapegoat.
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 10-21-2021 at 11:22 AM.

  6. #3111
    Fantastic Member Mark Trail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    I guess the CBR editors don't know the difference between an allegation and a fact. That isn't to say that Rose isn't telling the truth but unless CBR did an independent investigation/confirmation, basic journalistic ethics would require them to treat this as an allegation, not a revelation.
    Annnddd....this is why you don't write headlines that imply someone's allegations are proven, CBR: Batwoman Crew Member Backs WBTV, Calls Ruby Rose a 'Dictator' (Exclusive

  7. #3112
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    Annnddd....this is why you don't write headlines that imply someone's allegations are proven, CBR: Batwoman Crew Member Backs WBTV, Calls Ruby Rose a 'Dictator' (Exclusive
    Clickbait gotta do what clickbait gotta do bro
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/TaurianFilms

  8. #3113
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    3,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    Annnddd....this is why you don't write headlines that imply someone's allegations are proven, CBR: Batwoman Crew Member Backs WBTV, Calls Ruby Rose a 'Dictator' (Exclusive
    She may be a nightmare to work with- this wouldn't be the first time I've heard about her being difficult. That doesn't mean what she said wasn't true. And I didn't read this person refuting anything she said, either.

    And they lost me with 'supposed injury'. She filmed the surgery; there's nothing supposed about it. This sounds less like a rebuttal, and more like someone in the industry trying to curry favor with the office.

    EDIT: It's also a bit telling that all of the rebuttals against Ruby are about her personally; they haven't said anything about her allegations at all.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 10-21-2021 at 01:00 PM.

  9. #3114
    Extraordinary Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Jesus Alice, leaving a little girl to be eaten by a Killer Croc solely to make a point? Gotta be a new low.

    Luke and Mary were adorable together though
    I have to admit, I like that Alice left the girl there.(from a story standpoint) It would have been too easy to give Alice a simple redemptive arc, but her reasoning and emotional response made it more interesting than if she'd either tried to save the girl or had simply kept walking. I do think she was conflicted, but her ultimate message that "nobody is coming to save you" hit home just how damaged she is.

    Oh, and apparently we have confirmation that the CWverse has an Aquaman?! I'm surprised CBR hasn't written a click-baity article trumpeting it over that one line of dialogue.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-21-2021 at 01:34 PM.

  10. #3115
    Fantastic Member Twice-named's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    405

    Default

    So, how many people know Ryan is Batwoman? Aside from her team and Alice, you definitely have Renee, the two cops/guards who transported Alice, and, from last season, Ryan’s parole officer. Presumably, other people in the GCPD now know. Not to mention the mayor’s office. Also, anyone the two guards have told. And on and on.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

  11. #3116
    Fantastic Member Mark Trail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    She may be a nightmare to work with- this wouldn't be the first time I've heard about her being difficult. That doesn't mean what she said wasn't true. And I didn't read this person refuting anything she said, either.

    And they lost me with 'supposed injury'. She filmed the surgery; there's nothing supposed about it. This sounds less like a rebuttal, and more like someone in the industry trying to curry favor with the office.

    EDIT: It's also a bit telling that all of the rebuttals against Ruby are about her personally; they haven't said anything about her allegations at all.
    As I said earlier, I have no reason not to believe her, but unless CBR has some sort of independent confirmation of her allegations they shouldn't treat them as fact. Especially with other witnesses implying (truthfully or otherwise) that she isn't credible. And publishing an article the very next day that someone is "defending" WB against her doesn't burnish CBR's journalistic bona fides one bit.

  12. #3117
    Astonishing Member protege's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chandler az
    Posts
    4,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    So, how many people know Ryan is Batwoman? Aside from her team and Alice, you definitely have Renee, the two cops/guards who transported Alice, and, from last season, Ryan’s parole officer. Presumably, other people in the GCPD now know. Not to mention the mayor’s office. Also, anyone the two guards have told. And on and on.
    So when did Alice learn who Bruce was?

  13. #3118
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    75,236

    Default

    Really jumping into the horror vibes with the new Killer Croc.

    For Croc on a TV budget, that really isn't half bad.

    Poor Waylon Jones got buried under rubble. Did Gordon authorize that? I was expecting them to dust off that cure they said they were developing, but it didn't happen. Also his wrestling persona looked like the undertaker.

    I feel like if Kate was going to sign over Wayne Enterprises, such as it is (which isn't much), to anyone, it would be Mary. Although I guess now that Ryan's met her biological mom she can truly enter the world of corporate politics.

    Jada had a husband whose company she took over? Obviously Ryan's brother's dad, but presumably not Ryan's...did Jada hide the birth because it was from an affair? Is Ryan's bio dad still alive? Is he part of the reason Jada had to hide it?

    Did Jada not know the assumed identity of the child she gave away and forged birth documents for? Did she never even name her?

    Does Sophie know Bruce Wayne was Batman? I don't think she'd have commented on him wanting Jada's bra-size if she did.

    Ryan came out of that meeting with a more positive impression of Jada than I was expecting.

    Y'know usually there's some humanity and actual character to Croc, but this one seems to be pure, 100%, animal, eating people and killing his dad without a second thought. Is there any saving this kid?

    This episode dealt a lot of with abandonment and a parents' duty and care for their child. Alice lost her mom, Ryan's mom gave hers up (and she lost another mom), Killer Croc's dad went too far trying to save him and lost his own life, and that little girls mom was the only one that really seemed to be a winning parent.

    Is Mary and Luke going to finally happen? I kept expecting it in season 1, but that scene of her checking him out (in more ways than one) definitely seemed to indicate something. I guess we're not going to see Stephanie again.

    Alice's big heroic moment of the episode is basically her not being a hero. Like, at least she could've given the girl the taser.

    The season's been advertising the heck out of Ryan and Alice teaming-up...and they end the partnership within the same episode. Alice just keeps screwing herself over by playing to type. Although it seems like she visits Mary next week so I guess she doesn't stay in Arkham.

    I take it the implication is that Ivy's plants don't stop growing?
    Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    So when did Alice learn who Bruce was?
    Hush told her.

  14. #3119
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This on-set, behind the scenes network and showrunner/actors interaction is more dramatic than anything they've put on screen with this show!!
    It sure is.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  15. #3120
    Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The actors of Riverdale has always been at odds with the production and creative teams of the show. They don't hide their feelings at all. Quite remarkable
    Yep. The Riverdale cast have mentioned how bad some of the writing is on their show. Two of the black actresses on the show were also critical of how their characters were handled. The cast have open contempt for the writers room on that show.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •