Page 196 of 233 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Luke looks...I don't know, younger? Shorter? When he's not in his usual clothes. I'm enjoying his journey, and Diggle was awesome, as always.
    Especially coming off an episode where Mary talks about how he's always wearing a suit.
    I loved how polite Ocean was to Jacob. I keep going back and forth over this "extra push" driving Beth to becoming Alice. In some ways it makes sense but in other ways I'd prefer if it weren't there. What's going on inside Kate is pretty crazy, though.
    I guess if they're going to try to redeem Beth to some degree, this is how they need to go about it.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Mighty Member

I liked how Batman had Killer Croc's tooth.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I liked how Batman had Killer Croc's tooth.
    Interestingly, that's the one I didn't like. The rest are extremely dangerous in the wrong hands, but that just came across as a trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Interestingly, that's the one I didn't like. The rest are extremely dangerous in the wrong hands, but that just came across as a trophy.
    But Batman is known for collecting trophies. The dinosaur, the giant penny...

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    But Batman is known for collecting trophies. The dinosaur, the giant penny...
    I know - but those weren't someone's body part. And the other ones are holdovers from his sillier days and people accept it because it's tradition, not because Batman really seems like the kind of guy who likes to display trophies. The examples used in this show, it made sense to hide some of those other things away for safekeeping - they didn't come across as trophies. Maybe it's just me...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I know - but those weren't someone's body part. And the other ones are holdovers from his sillier days and people accept it because it's tradition, not because Batman really seems like the kind of guy who likes to display trophies. The examples used in this show, it made sense to hide some of those other things away for safekeeping - they didn't come across as trophies. Maybe it's just me...
    I would take it as either he knocked it out of Croc's mouth during a fight, or that maybe it was stuck in him after a fight and he kept it after removing it.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Ok, so my thinking was he has Killer Crocs tooth because he either knocked it out or it was removed from his armor once back at the Batcave cause Croc had bitten into some armor plating. Anyway, too much overthink on that one thing.

Not surprised at the Circe/Kate reveal. Brainwashing is intense, look how long they took with it regarding Winter Soldier. Seems this episode gave us the first on screen tease of the Batwing cowl, covered by a fabric.

I don't see how Ryan's parole officer can't end up dead now that she feels she knows who Batwoman 2.0 is.

So now the less than scrupulous Crows are part of Black Mask's personal armed goon brigade. Seems about right.
    Also, seems Tavaroff is about to get an injection of Bane's Venom does it not?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I'm happy that Ryan got beaten by Circe, but not because I don't like Ryan. I liked it because it makes sense- Kate (and/or Circe) has had years of training all over the world in various martial arts and fighting techniques. Ryan doesn't. So in a straight-up fight, Ryan should lose every time. That just means when she faces her again, she will have realized that she can't beat Circe in a straight-up fight, so she will have to improvise, cheat, and pull every trick she can think of to beat her- which should make for a hell of a fight.

I think the question now becomes will Kate remember who she is by the end of the season? Or will she continue to be Circe and possibly be the Big Bad for next season?

I would be shocked if this all gets resolved in the finale, so my guess is they will repeat the Elektra arc from "The Defenders" where Circe will be loyal and compliant until she starts to remember some things, become unstable, then kill Black Mask and take over, leading to her being taken down as she finally remembers who she is.

But by that time, she will be pretty messed up in the head and will have done enough bad things that she won't feel she has the right to bear the mantle and be a symbol anymore. Then she might still fight for good, but on her own as she figures herself out.

This Season has been all over the place, but I am actually excited for the finale.

Even though like all of the villains acted like huge dumbasses.

I've never seen someone get tortured with perfume before, but I guess there's a warning not to get stuff in your eyes.

It's so weird for me that the main protagonist and the actual comic Batwoman has not only been replaced, later recast, but now turned into an evil brainwashed villain for the successor to fight. Like isn't that just a really weird direction for a Batwoman show?

I'm not sure if Wallis Day pulls off Ruby Rose's fashion sense.

Ryan can do better at this point than living in a van with an empty pot. Like, she should have enough for at least a new apartment, right? Or I would hope.

Taveroff joining the False Face Society is so Taveroff. Also looks like he's taking Bane's Venom so he can become Menace and Luke can officially beat him as Batwing.

Mary telling Alice how it feels to lose someone you love after losing her mother might help Alice make a breakthrough? Who can say at this point.

Alice had Ocean cremated and spread his ashes across the ocean...like, I get the symbolism, but is that what he would've wanted? Did they actually talk about this kind of stuff if one of them died?

Honestly surprised that Ryan and Roman were able to find some common, emotional, ground together near the end. Like Black Mask's villainous motivation is driven by the fact that his daughter was treated terribly by the criminal justice system like Ryan was (although I don't think she needed to stab a dude's eye out).

Ryan totally had a "I am so done with this @#$%" expression in her mugshot. I mean, isn't this the 3rd time she's been wrongfully arrested this season?

I wasn't expecting to see Ryan's PO officer again, but it must have felt very validating to finally tell her she's Batwoman. At the same time...does personal validation outweigh the need to protect your identity? Although maybe Ryan can trust her.

I can't believe it took two seasons for them to start exploring a Batcave. I mean, there's a conference room that's been collecting dust? With six chairs? Bruce, Alfred, Lucius, Luke and who else? Robin and Batgirl?

We also get to see where Bruce developed all his tech and gadgets, and what I assume is the Batwing cowl. I'm guess the suit is a prototype that Bruce and Lucius made that Luke ends up taking.

Joker's acid sunflower, buzzer, Mad Hatter's hat, Killer Croc's tooth, Poison Ivy's vines, Bane's venom, Penguin's umbrella...Bruce sure had a lot down there.

Safiyah really has it bad for Alice that she once again tried to win her over after killing her lover and telling her Kate was still brainwashed. Like, she really expected that to work? Even I could tell Alice was acting.

At least Circe didn't steal the Batmobile.

So what's Ryan going to do now that Circe stole the Batsuit and modified it into an evil version? And wasn't that suit already modified from Bruce's Batsuit? I don't think they have many spares.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So what's Ryan going to do now that Circe stole the Batsuit and modified it into an evil version? And wasn't that suit already modified from Bruce's Batsuit? I don't think they have many spares.
    Looks like everybody get new suits next season!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Taveroff joining the False Face Society is so Taveroff. Also looks like he's taking Bane's Venom so he can become Menace and Luke can officially beat him as Batwing.
    It appears so. Menace.
    Russell_Tavaroff_Prime_Earth_001.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Soooo his master plan is going to unleash and army of sorts on the city a la Deathstroke? I wonder if Jacob Kane will be broken out or let out to help deal with the chaos.

Hmm...

The suit is OK for Batwing, that helmet is godawful.

Wallace Day is leaps and bounds better than Ruby Rose. And I am a HUGE Ruby Rose mark. But Day is way better. Still hoping Kate is set right by the season finale end and she can ride off into the sunset, heck, take Sophie with her, since Sophie is pretty much treading water with the end of the Crows.

Still don't care about Alice's love life. Just let her go away.

Was cool to see some of the 'trophies' even if they are ultimately teases to things and individuals we will likely never get to see.

Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia