Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    But what you are calling for is more inequality. It's trying to make the mess worse.
    No, I'm balancing the scales. As I explained, if you ONLY starting putting 2kg on the left and 2kg on the right, the scales will never be balanced because they'd have decades of the left gaining 3kg vs the rights 1kg. Your "ideology" ignores reality. Your "ideology" will never bring true balance. It's just... so uninformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This right here. The discriminated don't have the luxury of playing by the same rules as the majority. It's why black and hispanic communities always encourage to start their own businesses, media, and other avenues because those opportunities don't always get afforded to us. Eventually there will be enough of us in positions of influence where it would be foolish to pass us over. Can't expect people to play fair when the deck is always stacked against you.
    THIS!!! 100% We have to play fair while those in power continue to not? It's absurd.

Wrong, the majority, regardless of their sexuality, got little chance to get any roles.
    As with all privilege, you fail to understand it's even harder for the minority. Are acting roles hard to come by for everyone? Absolutely. Are they even harder to come by for LGBT+ actors, for non-Caucasian actors, for women... ABSOLUTELY. And you don't seem to understand that. Or don't care.

Actors should not be blocked for the role regardless of their sexuality.
    But they are... it's just the ones being blocked are LGBT+, non-Caucasian and female.

This is the basic human rights for actors, if you break it yourself and firmly support it, then why should anyone support you to point at others?
    Acting is not a basic human right, nor is getting to audition for any role they want. You really don't know anything about this industry or how it works. I've never had the opportunity to audition for an MCU film. It's not a basic human right that I get to, and the fact I'm denied said opportunity... where's your outrage? Where's your outrage for the LGBT+ actors denied roles? When studios won't consider an LGBT+ actor for Spiderman. For Captain America. For Batman. Where is your outrage then?

Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 05-28-2020 at 01:19 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."