Page 175 of 233 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Even though Jacob has been getting less interesting to me, it was good to see him and Mary have a story together. Amygdala was scary even without his comic book looks!

Ryan needs to stay away from Angelique. I wonder if they'd dare to actually put her and Sophie together romantically?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Would Ryan object to that tracking tech if she was using it as Batwoman? Because I have to imagine they have the same kind of thing in the Batcave.
    That would be an interesting debate to have. I know Alice is the big issue at the moment, but I'd like to see Ryan discuss some of the more finer points of being Batwoman with Team Bat.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Our heroes everyone!
    Man, Luke is the only law abiding citizen in the show and the woman who was sexing a drug dealer is giving him grief for associating with a villain.
    "Cable was right!"

As far as Alice goes, after this Season I never want to see her again. She way overstayed her welcome already.

The show has been nominated for a Saturn Award!

https://deadline.com/2021/03/saturn-...st-1234706492/
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post

Good to hear .

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    As far as Alice goes, after this Season I never want to see her again. She way overstayed her welcome already.
    Sweep The Leg, Ryan!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post

Ah what the hey! Credit where its due.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Mighty Member

Interesting reveal involving Safiyah playing a role in turning Beth into Alice.

Maybe it's just me because i mostly see people talking @$#* about this show but I really like it.

I feel like Safiyah needs to train her goons better if her right-hand woman is felled by a simple backhand slap.

I get why crossovers aren't as doable now, but I feel like Team Batwoman should probably have tried to get in contact with Supergirl or the DEO as, like, probably the leading experts on Kryptonite in this setting.

The Batmobile's awesome, but are they ever going to use the Batcycle again? I guess if Ryan ever gets a sidekick, they can end up using that.

Jeez, is there anyone Catherine Hamilton didn't tick off? She seems to be responsible in some form or another of every major threat in the show at this point.

So Angelique moved on quick. Either that or Ryan was her side-piece, or this girl was her side-piece. Either way it doesn't seem like Angelique is missing Ryan and I'm not sure if there's any love lost after she knocked Batwoman off the balcony. May as well sick the GCPD on her at this point, Ryan.

I've never seen two people save a Bat while wearing hoodies, and Mary in a very cute one at that, but at least Mary got to drive the Batmobile. That must've been the highlight of her life .

I'm almost surprised those sparring sessions didn't devolve into them ripping each other's clothes off with that obvious sexual tension.

Y'know, this would not have been a problem if Sophie had taken the time to take a picture of the painting before bringing it over.

So, surprise surprise, Safiyah was really in love with Alice and that's why she reacted so badly to her and Ocean's relationship (beyond the whole Desert Rose thing). Basically Alice is a stand-in for Kate on Coryana in the comics, just minus the mutual romance with Safiyah.

Coryana sounds like low-fantasy Themyscira with that backstory.

I get where Ryan's coming from, but the suit isn't an excuse to murder or play judge, jury, and executioner. Ryan was mostly doing it for herself because she felt like she had to do it and the Kryponite was driving her nuts. Plus, y'know, she's lucky she actually managed to get Alice in a chokehold because she was very much not in a good condition for fighting there .

So Ocean was on his way to preventing a disaster by resolving Alice/Beth's emotional pain, until Safiyah deliberately took it all away and left her the deranged maniac obsessed with revenge that Alice is today. Safiyah helped create the Alice persona that it is today. And Ocean doesn't really care about rekindling forgotten romances, so Alice doesn't have much else left but her revenge, whether it be on Safiyah or Kate.

I guess it's high-time to take the fight to Coryana and find out what they're really going to do about Kate.

I feel like Safiyah needs to train her goons better if her right-hand woman is felled by a simple backhand slap.
    Well she did banish the guy she picked to train her soldiers.

Coryana sounds like low-fantasy Themyscira with that backstory.
    And a little Nanda Parbat mixed in with the "special flower" that only grows there.(I have no idea if that was part of it in the comics) When Safiyah was talking about the origin of the island I was wondering if they'd hint that they were actually trying to find "Paradise Island" but instead ended up on Coryana and made their home there rather than continuing to search for some mythical homeland. And that they essentially are living by their version of the stories they heard about it.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 03-15-2021 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    And a little Nanda Parbat mixed in with the "special flower" that only grows there.(I have no idea if that was part of it in the comics) When Safiyah was talking about the origin of the island I was wondering if they'd hint that they were actually trying to find "Paradise Island" but instead ended up on Coryana and made their home there rather than continuing to search for some mythical homeland. And that they essentially are living by their version of the stories they heard about it.
    I think the flower was invented by Nolan for Batman Begins. I don't recall that ever specifically being in the comics.

I do keep hearing good things about this season. If they can settle the Kate Kane issue- recast, write her off, or even if Ruby Rose returns- I could finally go back and binge the season. But if this ends up being a fake-out and Kate's status is left in perpetual limbo, I have no problem moving on.

If they really plan to absolve Alice of all guilt by riding the "She was hypnotized" train, I'm gonna be severaly disappointed.

Also, screw Angelique.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    If they really plan to absolve Alice of all guilt by riding the "She was hypnotized" train, I'm gonna be severaly disappointed.

Also, screw Angelique.
    Well, it's not like they were ever going to get around to stopping Alice anyway.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator