Page 62 of 233 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    As for Bruce- that really depends on what interpretation of him they are using. Sometimes he's a popular and successful philanthropist, and sometimes he plays up the 'irresponsible party boy' image to the hilt. Prime example of that was in the No Man's Land story- near the end, while working to stop Lex from taking over Gotham before it reopened, Bruce played like he was a lazy idiot while he let Lucius do the public work. Same thing in The Dark Knight, with the Asian businessman where he 'slept' through a meeting.
    Now that you mention it, the show's talked a lot about Batman's impact but they never really bring up Bruce much outside his relationship with Kate...
    Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Possibly similar to Bruce himself, they wanted to be prepared if he ever went rogue. If he had, Hamilton could contact the GCPD and be like "Hey, we've got just the thing that can stop him."
    It at least makes more sense then when Bruce made one, but I'd like to see the characters actually mention it when we haven't really seen much reason for a Gotham corporation to build an anti-Gotham gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that you mention it, the show's talked a lot about Batman's impact but they never really bring up Bruce much outside his relationship with Kate...

It at least makes more sense then when Bruce made one, but I'd like to see the characters actually mention it when we haven't really seen much reason for a Gotham corporation to build an anti-Gotham gun.
    Maybe we'll find out that Catherine was contracted to build the gun by one of Batman's Rogues- maybe Riddler, or Black Mask. Or maybe they could say Intergang wanted the gun, since that group was tied into Batwoman before.

Maybe we'll find out that Catherine was contracted to build the gun by one of Batman's Rogues- maybe Riddler, or Black Mask. Or maybe they could say Intergang wanted the gun, since that group was tied into Batwoman before.
    Doesn't even have to be that. Catherine has a vested interest in being anti-vigilante, and she's also smart enough to know she can't be too obvious about it in public.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

So I guess like that early episode of Arrow where Quentin was sure Oliver Queen was the Hood (or the Supergirl where it seemed Cat figured it out), they had to do an episode where they threw off the people closest to Kate with a decoy. Hopefully it won't be long until they realize they can trust Mary with the secret and that she can be a useful ally. I like Sophie a bit more in this episode, mostly because the flashbacks showed how conflicted she was.

As for the homophobic restaurant, something like that needed to be done on this show. I loved the ending with Kate opening up a gay bar right across from it.

Hey, Argus reference!

Why are they talking about Bruce being so isolated and only having Lucius and Alfred? Was the Robin name-drop just a joke? Because if not, then he had a partner. Unless things ended so badly with Robin that they just don't talk about him.
    I'd hate to think they didn't put any thought into the Robin reference. At least four people knew Bruce was Batman, not just Alfred and Lucius but Robin and Luke as well. Maybe Kate shouldn't be assuming these things about Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The Batsuit gun is another bit of idiocy. A marksman like "the Rifle" should be able to shoot him/her in the face with a sniper rifle.
    Batfolk stick to the shadows and are hard targets, it was quite unexpected for Julia as Batwoman to just kind of be standing there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    In any big city, like New York, Boston, LA, Chicago, etc... which Gotham is suppose to be. This simply would not happen in a restaurant of this level. Some small mom & pop joint or a low price franchise, sure. But a high end white tablecloth place, no.
    Wow dude, take off the rose coloured glasses. I have many gay friends and I've been with them in such restaurants in large cities when they have been asked to leave for far less than was done in this episode. It happens a lot more often than you'd think, even in cities like Syndey that are progressive and openly celebrate gay rites.

Quite frankly I found this part of the episode to feel quite real considering how often Ive been asked to leave "upstanding resaurants" for simply associating with gay people even though I'm straight. Ive even been asked to leave in resaraunts in Thailand, the larges home of sex change operations and gender fluid or neutral people in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    Wow dude, take off the rose coloured glasses. I have many gay friends and I've been with them in such restaurants in large cities when they have been asked to leave for far less than was done in this episode. It happens a lot more often than you'd think, even in cities like Syndey that are progressive and openly celebrate gay rites.

Quite frankly I found this part of the episode to feel quite real considering how often Ive been asked to leave "upstanding resaurants" for simply associating with gay people even though I'm straight. Ive even been asked to leave in resaraunts in Thailand, the larges home of sex change operations and gender fluid or neutral people in the world.
    Okay, I will not contest your experience. Mine is that this doesn't happen in places i am familiar with like New York and Los Angeles. So one of my list of 10 stupid things in that episode doesn't work. Let's talk about letting a killer escape 3 times in one episode.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    So I guess like that early episode of Arrow where Quentin was sure Oliver Queen was the Hood (or the Supergirl where it seemed Cat figured it out), they had to do an episode where they threw off the people closest to Kate with a decoy. Hopefully it won't be long until they realize they can trust Mary with the secret and that she can be a useful ally. I like Sophie a bit more in this episode, mostly because the flashbacks showed how conflicted she was.
    I mean, they're already kind of screwed after she saw the entrance to the Batcave. I can just see her being in the office and bored out of her mind and stumbling onto where it is now that she knows there's a secret room.

Granted, it's a not very secure hiding spot, but Bruce probably got away with it because back when Wayne Tower was actually busy probably no one had any access to his office. And he probably used the Manor Batcave more.
    As for the homophobic restaurant, something like that needed to be done on this show. I loved the ending with Kate opening up a gay bar right across from it.
    With added irony after the owner had praised Batwoman and said she could have a free meal .

Although I guess it's hard to know the sexual orientation of private Superheroes. For all anyone knows, The Flash might not be straight.
    Hey, Argus reference!
    I sometimes forget this is set on Earth-1...
    I'd hate to think they didn't put any thought into the Robin reference. At least four people knew Bruce was Batman, not just Alfred and Lucius but Robin and Luke as well. Maybe Kate shouldn't be assuming these things about Batman.
    It's just weird to me that no one who's actually part of "Team Batwoman" ever brings him up. We never saw Kate go "so if Bruce is Batman, that must mean _____ was Robin."

Or maybe they'll make it a joke where she asks what happened to Robin and they say "with the Titans" .

Almost caught-up on the latest eps.

What do you think of her using a staff in this version of the character? I saw some promo pics for an upcoming ep, and seems the staff use won't be a one off for just ep 5. It's a little different, but given her seemingly smaller size in the Arrowverse version, it makes sense, and looked cool when she was fighting with it.

The white eyes looked awesome, my guess is in-universe it was some kind of contact-lenses. I hope they use the white eyes again.

I want to see some flashbacks of her training, since all we have to go on so far is the frozen-lake-handcuff sequence from the pilot, which isn't enough. At this stage it feels like we know more about Alice's past than we do Kate's - so that needs to change IMO.

I mean, they're already kind of screwed after she saw the entrance to the Batcave. I can just see her being in the office and bored out of her mind and stumbling onto where it is now that she knows there's a secret room.

Granted, it's a not very secure hiding spot, but Bruce probably got away with it because back when Wayne Tower was actually busy probably no one had any access to his office. And he probably used the Manor Batcave more.

With added irony after the owner had praised Batwoman and said she could have a free meal .

Although I guess it's hard to know the sexual orientation of private Superheroes. For all anyone knows, The Flash might not be straight.

It's just weird to me that no one who's actually part of "Team Batwoman" ever brings him up. We never saw Kate go "so if Bruce is Batman, that must mean _____ was Robin."

Or maybe they'll make it a joke where she asks what happened to Robin and they say "with the Titans" .

I actually wonder if, since there are two Robins on Titans right now, they aren't allowed to mention him.

Then again, there is a Bruce Wayne on Titans, and they still mention him... but then WB's embargoes have never made much sense.

I actually wonder if, since there are two Robins on Titans right now, they aren't allowed to mention him.

Then again, there is a Bruce Wayne on Titans, and they still mention him... but then WB's embargoes have never made much sense.
    It may be that they can't directly use Dick or Jason (since they're on Titans) but could use Tim or Damian (who is rumored for the Superman show).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    What do you think of her using a staff in this version of the character? I saw some promo pics for an upcoming ep, and seems the staff use won't be a one off for just ep 5. It's a little different, but given her seemingly smaller size in the Arrowverse version, it makes sense, and looked cool when she was fighting with it.
    Everybody stealing Tim's weapon .

Although in all seriousness, I think it's fine.
    I want to see some flashbacks of her training, since all we have to go on so far is the frozen-lake-handcuff sequence from the pilot, which isn't enough. At this stage it feels like we know more about Alice's past than we do Kate's - so that needs to change IMO.
    And most of Kate's flashbacks have been Alice/Sophie based.

So far the most we have gotten is Kate saying something about Robin graduating high school. So we do know there is at least one Robin in the Batwoman world. Just not which one.
    But if Robin is old enough to have been in high school my guess is Dick Grayson.

The new Superman show is gonna have Damian Wayne as one of the main characters, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    So far the most we have gotten is Kate saying something about Robin graduating high school. So we do know there is at least one Robin in the Batwoman world. Just not which one.
    But if Robin is old enough to have been in high school my guess is Dick Grayson.
    It was Vesper who made a quip about it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

That would be a nice homage to the second Batman/Static team-up in the Static Shock animated series, where Static asked Batman where Robin was and Batman replied, "With the Titans. You'll meet them someday."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

And most of Kate's flashbacks have been Alice/Sophie based.
    Now that we know Kate has a past with Julia, maybe we'll get some Julia based flashback of her time training/babysitting Kate. And what is going on with Alfred, Julia just states not wanting to talk about her father, but not in any sad way - so I assume unlike Lucius he is probably alive and well...somewhere (oh, right, being in his own TV series).