Page 14 of 233 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    realistically she should have her hair tied back, and if she was actually in the military she would know that...maybe she wasn't in this universe
    Realistically superhero masks cut off peripheral vision too though.

There was an interview from a newspaper last year where the actress said the mask cuts off her peripheral vision. And since it takes a group of people to get the actors dressed in their super-suits, if they drink too much water and need to go it's a hassle, lol.

There is also a doco about the Batman suits where it's mentioned that the Batman cowl causes headaches, or it did for Christian Bale anyway. And someone mentions that it's hard to hear in the cowl, because their ears are covered-up too.

I would assume the Batwoman cowl has the same problems.

It's all fantasy, so certain logic just needs to be ignored in order to fully enjoy it. I don't question how Supergirl wears a cape and skirt under a shirt and pants (or how many button holes she's ruined).
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 05-08-2019 at 05:49 PM.

BANNED

Those costumes are for movies though, not for actual crime fighting

So far, I've found the following members of the writing staff, based on tweets:

Natalie Abrams
    Chad Fiveash
    Holly Henderson
    Nancy Kiu
    Don Whitehead

James Stoteraux may be another; he's involved somehow.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Did they redesign the cape?
    Based on the commercial, it was necessary to redesign the cape in order to show the female superheroe's ass.

This is a hard pass already.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Based on the commercial, it was necessary to redesign the cape in order to show the female superheroe's ass.

Eh... that's kinda harsh, even though that shot was admittedly odd.
    Last edited by Caivu; 05-10-2019 at 09:15 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Really? I was more fixated on her long flowing cape.😜

Lol - the meaning of her stare at the camera, at the end of that clip, just changed for me.

Child actor Jihan Toth has been added to the pilot cast.

He doesn't even have an IMDB entry. No idea who he could be playing; the only character who comes to mind at all is maaaaaaybe Damian, but that's a huge stretch.

Batwoman will air on Sundays this fall before Supergirl.

Here's the extended synopsis (I've bolded major changes from the comics that are also new):

Kate Kane (Ruby Rose) never planned to be Gotham's new vigilante. Three years after Batman mysteriously disappeared, Gotham is a city in despair. Without the Caped Crusader, the Gotham City Police Department was overrun and outgunned by criminal gangs. Enter Jacob Kane (Dougray Scott) and his military-grade Crows Private Security, which now protects the city with omnipresent firepower and militia. Years before, Jacob's first wife and daughter were killed in the crossfire of Gotham crime. He sent his only surviving daughter, Kate Kane, away from Gotham for her safety. After a dishonorable discharge from military school and years of brutal survival training, Kate returns home when the Alice in Wonderland gang targets her father and his security firm, by kidnapping his best Crow officer Sophie Moore (Meagan Tandy). Although remarried to wealthy socialite Catherine Hamilton-Kane (Elizabeth Anweis), who bankrolls the Crows, Jacob is still struggling with the family he lost, while keeping Kate -- the daughter he still has -- at a distance. But Kate is a woman who's done asking for permission. In order to help her family and her city, she'll have to become the one thing her father loathes -- a dark knight vigilante.

With the help of her compassionate stepsister, Mary (Nicole Kang), and the crafty Luke Fox (Camrus Johnson), the son of Wayne Enterprises' tech guru Lucius Fox, Kate Kane continues the legacy of her missing cousin, Bruce Wayne, as Batwoman. Still holding a flame for her ex-girlfriend, Sophie, Kate uses everything in her power to combat the dark machinations of the psychotic Alice (Rachel Skarsten), who's always somewhere slipping between sane and insane. Armed with a passion for social justice and a flair for speaking her mind, Kate soars through the shadowed streets of Gotham as Batwoman. But don't call her a hero yet. In a city desperate for a savior, she must first overcome her own demons before embracing the call to be Gotham's symbol of hope.
    Last edited by Caivu; 05-16-2019 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Batwoman will air on Sundays this fall before Supergirl.

Here's the extended synopsis (I've bolded major changes from the comics that are also new):
    That’s odd; i thought they would’ve waited until arrow ended before launching batwoman- but at least i won’t have to wait until next year to watch it. Now- am i going to give supergirl another chance?�� The synopsis for batwoman sounds like arrow 2.0.
    Last edited by protege; 05-16-2019 at 08:29 AM.

Mighty Member

I like a lot of what's in this trailer, but it's really weirdly structured.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    That’s odd; i thought they would’ve waited until arrow ended before launching batwoman- but at least i won’t have to wait until next year to watch it. Now- am i going to give supergirl another chance?�� The synopsis for batwoman sounds like arrow 2.0.
    Well, Arrow was basically a batarang and a deranged clown short of being Batman. And Batman and Batwoman had a lot in common, so, not surprised.

So going by the trailer this looks like the birds of prey tv show + Batman Beyond + Arrow + Supergirl. Not sure that’s a good thing.

I wish this was on Supergirl's Earth it just feels weird Batman had a career on Earth-1 and was never mentioned until the last crossover and treated as an urban legend yet Gotham treats him as a public figure.