Page 202 of 233 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Alice is the reason I stopped watching. The villain who is never defeated because the writers can't figure out what else to do,
    That's because she's not the "villain" of the show - she's another character who's going through her own journey at this point. (for awhile I thought she was instrumental in the healing of the Kane family so she had to stick around, but Jacob and Kate are gone, so...) Either way, I do enjoy her character. There's plenty other writing decisions to criticize that are much bigger than Alice, imo.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    That's because she's not the "villain" of the show - she's another character who's going through her own journey at this point. (for awhile I thought she was instrumental in the healing of the Kane family so she had to stick around, but Jacob and Kate are gone, so...) Either way, I do enjoy her character. There's plenty other writing decisions to criticize that are much bigger than Alice, imo.
    I agree that as of S2 she wasn't the shows villain, but she was for S1. Alice has largely turned into the Spike, of BtVS, and is as you say "going through her own journey". That I agree with.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

If Kate had told them to take care of Alice and believe in her, I could maybe understand it, but Kate basically washer her hands with Alice by the end of season 2 like the show did the Kane family.

Alice is going full Malcolm Merlyn. Never go full Malcolm Merlyn.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As I surmised we will get some rogue knockoffs like the 'Hatter' in the trailer....and Killer Croc apparently? I wonder how they pull that off.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

So how exactly does Alice end up in the custody of the bat team, and why? Since when does the gcpd work with batwoman?

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    As I surmised we will get some rogue knockoffs like the 'Hatter' in the trailer....and Killer Croc apparently? I wonder how they pull that off.
    I'm kind of surprised Mad Hatter 2.0 is trying to so hard to mimic the real version. Like it's appreciated on some level but also seems weird that they'd act exactly like you would expect Jervis Tetch too? Not sure how I feel about it.

I think that might actually be Killer Croc. They said we'd be seeing people grabbing the tech and some of the villains coming back to take what's theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    So how exactly does Alice end up in the custody of the bat team, and why? Since when does the gcpd work with batwoman?
    I don't think they know Ryan is Batwoman, but how Ryan gets custody is a whole 'nother question. As is why they would even want to.

I guess it has something to do with Ryan's biological mom.

So Alice is out on probation? Jesus showrunners, let her go already. She is the new Malcolm Merlyn indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    So Alice is out on probation? Jesus showrunners, let her go already. She is the new Malcolm Merlyn indeed.

Season 3 Ending!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of surprised Mad Hatter 2.0 is trying to so hard to mimic the real version. Like it's appreciated on some level but also seems weird that they'd act exactly like you would expect Jervis Tetch too? Not sure how I feel about it.
    At this point it feels like the showrunners are messing with us. "We won't give you the ACTUAL characters. We'll just make up a whole bunch of new characters, and give THEM all of the classic characters toys and tricks!" The only exception would appear to be Poison Ivy, but I wouldn't put it passed them to have the plant infect a new woman, giving us Ivy 2.0.

Bluebird

Well, for better or worse, Season 3 premieres tonight. Here's hoping it's a good one. Even with the weird premise of random characters getting a hold of Bat-Villain tech.

I'm looking forward to more Ryan Wilder.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Well, for better or worse, Season 3 premieres tonight. Here's hoping it's a good one. Even with the weird premise of random characters getting a hold of Bat-Villain tech.
    Time to give Ryan her own Rogues Gallery! Of people using Bruce's villains' gimmicks .

I am so, so tired of Alice. I think she's overused as a villain, especially in tonight's episode and whatever other episodes she will be in this season, since her sister Kate and their father are no longer in the picture. Too bad she couldn't just rot in Arkham and never be heard from again.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 10-13-2021 at 07:38 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi