Page 109 of 233 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Charmed had a different sister before Shannon arrived.
    And then they had a different sister after Shannon left!

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but Bewitched replaced Dick York with Dick Sargent after York left due to his health.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Yeah totally reasonable that they will just find a new character to take on the mantle. At this point we don’t know
    I honestly think it's more reasonable for them to just recast the role then to plop a new character in there. It would shake up the show less and they wouldn't need to bend over backwards to change things beyond just casting someone new.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Wait, what? I'm pretty sure Alyson Hannigan was Willow in the pilot of BtVS. And changing hair color isn't nearly the same as casting a completely different person.
    Nope. They filmed a whole pilot with a different actress.

They then later refilmed it as the 1st episode (not really a pilot at this stage as that other episode was the pilot).

Here is the original pilot on youtube. Not the highest quality video but enough to see the obvious differences. Many scenes are more or less the same though obviously different takes. SMG as I said is a brunette here and its actress Riff Reagan playing a heavier brunette Willow. She first appears at about 3:35.

What this show won't survive is another whole season with Alice being loose and seemingly unstoppable, for no real reasons.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    What this show won't survive is another whole season with Alice being loose and seemingly unstoppable, for no real reasons.
    I imagine the original plan was to conclude Alice's story at the end of the season, with Sofiyah taking over as Big Bad for season 2.

(Unless season 2 is Kate + Alice vs Sofiyah).

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Well...Sarah Lance wasn't a lead character in Season 1, so I don't think that counts.
    Heh. Who even remembered what the first one looked like by then, anyway?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    And then they had a different sister after Shannon left!

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but Bewitched replaced Dick York with Dick Sargent after York left due to his health.
    I'm old enough to have remembered the switch!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I honestly think it's more reasonable for them to just recast the role then to plop a new character in there. It would shake up the show less and they wouldn't need to bend over backwards to change things beyond just casting someone new.
    Two origin story seasons in a row seems like a bit of a stretch, in terms of maintaining audience attention. Better to just put someone new in the same character. It's not as difficult as some people want to make it out to be.

Ms. Rose should come back. She's so pretty. But if not, best of success for her future projects.

Astonishing Member

Other shows that changed leads.
    The very first episode of Roseanne had a different D.J. I never knew why, but here's the explanation:

Sal Barone played the original DJ in the Roseanne pilot but had to be replaced after he grew too much between the time the first episode was taped and when the series actually went into production! Reportedly, there were also backstage fights between six-year-old Sal and thirteen-year-old Sara Gilbert

Shifting to some positive news...

Ruby Rose and Nicole Kang will be in a live reading of Twelfth Night tomorrow, May 22, at 4 PM CST.

It's part of a series of readings done by Acting for a Cause for pandemic relief.

https://www.actingforacause.org/
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Mighty Member

The first Willow was not Alyson. It was a different actress.

Also Bianca Lawson was cast as Cordialla before filming. She left to go do another show on UPN and came back as Kendra.

Other shows that changed leads.

Family Matters- Judy was played by another actress (Valerie Jones) before Jamiee Foxworth. You could still see her in the openig credits of season 1.
    Jarrett Lemon played Mark on Step By Step before he was replaced. If you look closely at the credits you do see him.
    Married With Children had a different Bud & Kelly. The actress who played Kelly had a sister on Kids Inc (when Fergie was on it).
    Full House filmed a pilot with a different father before Bob Saget arrived.
    Charmed had a different sister before Shannon arrived.
    Big Bang Theory had different pilots before we saw Penny.
    Spin City ERASED a character after some episodes aired.
    Smallville had a different Martha.
    Mash wrote out the late Tim Brown's chracter because they found out black doctors were not around at that time.
    I don't know if this have already been mention but Spartacus had to recast their main actor due to Andy Whitfield death he was replaced with Liam McIntyre for the final two seasons.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Wallis Day who played Nysssa Vex in Krypton has said Batwoman would be her dream role.

Day is dating a woman and is an activist against gay conversion therapy. She does boxing training as well which could be useful for the fight scenes. Day also looks like she could be Rachel Skarsten (Alice) sister.
    Last edited by chamber-music; 05-22-2020 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Wallis Day who played Nysssa Vex in Krypton has said Batwoman would be her dream role.

Day is dating a woman and is an activist against gay conversion therapy. She does boxing training as well which could be useful for the fight scenes. Day also looks like she could be Rachel Skarsten (Alice) sister.
    She looks the part, I'd be fine with her being cast in the role, since while I didn't care much for Krypton there was nothing wrong with her acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    She looks the part, I'd be fine with her being cast in the role, since while I didn't care much for Krypton there was nothing wrong with her acting.
    Agreed. God knows she was gorgeous on that show, too.