Page 23 of 233 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Ah, we'll have to see what this Sophie character is like, since she basically only existed as backstory and cameos in the comics. It's a pity they couldn't just have Renee (unless she'll show-up later, but doubtful given the BoP film, and with Sophie as a main cast member in Batwoman). I wonder how much Sophie might actually be Renee without being called Renee (albeit with a different backstory), similar to how Colonel Haley in Supergirl seems to basically be Amanda Waller - or if Soph will be more of a uniquely new character.
    Sidenote- I was actually waiting for Haley to be revealed to be the Earth-38 Waller, and that Haley was just a cover identity.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Sidenote- I was actually waiting for Haley to be revealed to be the Earth-38 Waller, and that Haley was just a cover identity.
    She was better than the Arrow's Waller, yeah. And in Gotham they had Jerome/Jeremiah who apparently were basically the Joker without being called so.

New poster:
    Attachment 84590

https://twitter.com/BatwomanBR/statu...03731331457026

And an Entertainment Weekly cover, which is an homage to Michael Cho's variant for Batwoman #11:

IMG_20190717_111118.jpg

IMG_20190717_111125.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

World premiere screening just ended. Some reactions:

Just saw the world premiere of #Batwoman at #SDCC19 preview night. Awesome show!! I’m excited to see how the season plays out. #wbsdcc
    https://twitter.com/JaneInSD/status/...558505984?s=19

#Batwoman is VERY silly
    Ruby Rose is fun as hell
    Pilot is an origin story
    And it is SPECTACULARLY gay! #SDCC
    https://twitter.com/JacobOller/statu...736871936?s=19

#Batwoman had my curiosity, but after the Premiere at #WBSDCC it now has my interest. While@it follows typical beats from previous CW DC Shows, Ruby Owns the Role and I’m excited to see her as Batwoman. Action was nice, and overall great setup
    https://twitter.com/popetheking/stat...930385408?s=19

Recién termino de ver #BatWoman en #SDCC y la recomiendo!
    https://twitter.com/LucySolfa/status...119905792?s=19

Ballroom erupts in cheers at the finale
    https://twitter.com/batwomantvsite/s...368881667?s=19
    Wow and like half the ballroom is leaving now that they’ve seen #Batwoman, it was a huge draw
    https://twitter.com/batwomantvsite/s...190751232?s=19
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Last edited by Bat-Meal; 07-17-2019 at 10:59 PM.

So right now, the consensus seems to be that any problems are either ones to be expected of any pilot, or ones inherent to the Arrowverse shows, and are fairly minor either way. There have been some negative outliers (which criticize things most others have praised, like the cinematography), but the majority are still positive.

One semi-concerning thing is that apparently spoilers:
    Kate was not established as being Jewish. If true, that's a big problem, but I say semi-concerning because this could just mean that nothing was noticed in that regard, even if there is actually something there. Elsewise, it's not a problem that will likely persist long, since one of the show's main writers is Jewish.
    end of spoilers

Due to filming schedule conflicts, RR unfortunately won't be at SDCC. I was wondering how that would work, given that it's smack dab in the middle of the shooting schedule. No word on the rest of the cast yet.

Interview video about the music:

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Due to filming schedule conflicts, RR unfortunately won't be at SDCC. I was wondering how that would work, given that it's smack dab in the middle of the shooting schedule. No word on the rest of the cast yet.
    Not a whole lot for people to really ask yet anyway, since filming for season 1 just started and the show hasn't even aired properly yet, would work better next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Not a whole lot for people to really ask yet anyway, since filming for season 1 just started and the show hasn't even aired properly yet, would work better next year.
    I guess, though it admittedly isn't good optics. Already people are accusing her of dodging for fear of criticism (despite most reactions being positive). I don't buy that at all, but... ugh.

Already people are accusing her of dodging for fear of criticism (despite most reactions being positive). I don't buy that at all, but... ugh.
    From what I can tell, there seems to be a history of trolls dedicated to attacking RR no matter what she does, or does not, do.

The show-runners have their priorities correct though, by putting the quality of the series first, which shows that they care about the final product.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 07-19-2019 at 04:50 AM.

I was thinking about it, and the timing seems to indicate that they're shooting episode 3 now, the one that's supposed to feature a major Batman villain. I'm guessing there would be special or additional technical/stunt things that would need to be addressed for that, especially with what just happened on Titans.

Still unconfirmed for sure, but this tweet thread seems to imply that none of the cast will be there, just Caroline Dries and Sarah Schechter:

https://twitter.com/BatwomanWriters/...62673968406529

New promo:

Some Easter eggs on the wall of tattoo examples. Also interesting is that this promo, and presumably the others, have been in the works for a while; an audition for the tattoo artist character was posted to Vimeo about 5 months ago.

New promo:

Some Easter eggs on the wall of tattoo examples. Also interesting is that this promo, and presumably the others, have been in the works for a while; an audition for the tattoo artist character was posted to Vimeo about 5 months ago.
    More cheese I see. It's meh.

I'm waiting for some cool promos with her geared-up in the Batsuit, and taking down thugs. Just give us that CW, please.