Page 207 of 233 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I don't know if anyone else has pointed this out, but apparently Jon Cryer is liking Tweets calling for the boycotting of the CW. What he hell is going on behind the scenes of these shows?
    Assassinate Putin!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Probably for the same reasons it took Ray Fisher some time to speak out. Or Gal Gadot.

There may be contractual reasons that either ran out, or she decided to ignore for reasons. It sounds like either people kept asking her why she left and she finally decided to spill, or the people behind the show were still s**t-talking her in the trades, and she decided to get even.

Maybe she's embellishing; maybe it's all true. What is known for certain is that she had major surgery on her neck due to a stunt gone wrong on the set, and 10 days later she came back to work. Now that's either some Kurt Angle s**t right there, or she was pressured to return.

And it's fairly well-known at this point how WB treats it's talent. Look at how all of these shows bleed talent. There was something going on with China on Black Lightning; Willa Holland kept reducing her schedule on Arrow until she finally got her release. Half of the cast from Supergirl has left, and even in a recent goodbye interview, Melissa said that she would miss SOME of the people on the show.
    Legends has its share poor exits. Dominic Purcell didn't have good things to say on his way out. Wasn't Brandon Routh and his wife forced out?

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Someone was recently injured on that Kung Fu show too. Makes you wonder about the safety of all these sets. When Melissa left Supergirl, she said something about not wanting to reprise the role again. I just chalked it up to her wanting to move on or a twinge of jealousy at the Superman spin-off. But now it sounds like there is more going on behind the scenes of these shows than we're seeing. When all that stuff about Geoff Johns came out on the JL set, the first thing that came to mind for me was "I wonder how he behaves on the set of Stargirl?" This is a character he created and modeled after his sister. I wonder if we're going to start getting some horror stories coming out of there soon. WB has an upper management problem. I was kind of hoping the whole AT&T deal would weed out some of these people but with the news of them funding OAN, it doesn't sound like they are any better.
    I mean, take what you will at face-value when people have to promote their show and don't want to cause trouble or because of contractual obligations (Ruby certainly seemed to have more ill will than she expressed with her original departure) but the cast and crew seem to enjoy working with Johns on Stargirl.

I did wonder if the stuff with Fisher had any impact on filming for the show but the most I could tell was when the actress for Beth Chapel, Anjelika Washington, talked about discussing how to handle her character, an African-American girl. But she made it sound like he was receptive to what she had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Legends has its share poor exits. Dominic Purcell didn't have good things to say on his way out. Wasn't Brandon Routh and his wife forced out?
    It didn't sound like they chose to leave, at any rate.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Wasn't Brandon Routh and his wife forced out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It didn't sound like they chose to leave, at any rate.
    That was super confusing. Everything posted on social media from both sides made it sound like they'd been let go - yet Routh made it clear how much he loved the job, and was willing to come back any time. Maybe in a year we will get that full story as well...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I think they dropped them right after Crisis, and I know Brandon was not happy about it. He made remarks about it at the time.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Now if he were to come back as, say, the Earth 96 Superman, I wouldn't complain!
    Assassinate Putin!

Mighty Member

Montoya's a Amanda Waller without the exploding head procedure.

From reading what Ruby has said, I do believe her. Something seemed off when she left and then to remove Kate Kane all together just after a whole season of setting everything up just seemed like a really strange direction. It is a real shame because Batwoman has been one of my favourite characters from the comics since she was introduced back in 2009. I even loved the original Kathy Kane from the comics so I was super excited for Batwoman to finally have her own live action show. Then for them to remove Kate and create a entire new character was just so disappointing. I still watch the show but have no excitement like I used to for season 1. I can't believe the show I was most excited for had to be the one with all the issues and drama and then have the main actor/character leave the show and not recast. Such a waste of a show!

Extraordinary Member

Injuries on action shows and movies seem pretty common. Danial Craig was injured multiple times while filing the James Bond movies, including on time where he lost part of his finger. Tom Cruise broke his foot filming one of the Mission Impossible movies, though Cruise is an outlier. Kiefer Sutherland was constantly getting injured filming 24.

Astonishing Member

I’m honestly assuming that Johns’ priors were why WB assigned a co-showrunner to keep him on a leash, because god knows it’s clear berlanti is absentee at best

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I’m honestly assuming that Johns’ priors were why WB assigned a co-showrunner to keep him on a leash, because god knows it’s clear berlanti is absentee at best
    If his priors were that bad, he wouldn't be on anything. That he still is means to me he's still okay at WB.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

And it's Dougray's turn to fire back....

https://www.superherohype.com/tv/506...laims-of-abuse
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

I remember the story about "Riverdale" where they made the cast drive themselves to and from set despite 16 hours of work and the lead actor got into an accident falling asleep at the wheel. I believe Luke Perry helped push the production to spring for drivers after that.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-21-2021 at 07:41 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The actors of Riverdale has always been at odds with the production and creative teams of the show. They don't hide their feelings at all. Quite remarkable

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

The actors of Riverdale has always been at odds with the production and creative teams of the show. They don't hide their feelings at all. Quite remarkable
    I gotta see examples of this. I love drama