Page 157 of 233 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Let's just make it an anthology series where its a new lead every season and the only stability is the supporting cast .
    Season Five Bruce Wayne Guest Stars

Bruce: How many Batwomen have there been?

Batwoman #5: How many Robins were there?

Bruce: Touche.

Kate also had that Proto-Costume from Bruce for like, what, 3 episodes?

I believe Ryan will eventually modify the suit to make it more individual.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

They already specifically announced that she's getting her own suit later on. She starts with Kates because she steals it so she can kill Scarecrow.

I don't know if I'm ready for a new suit. I feel like it's hard to top the main Batwoman suit.

I don't know if I'm ready for a new suit. I feel like it's hard to top the main Batwoman suit.
    I wonder how different it will really be. I heard something about them wanting to change the wig to change the silhouette, but that was all I heard.

Kate's first promo image was this:

Ryan's first promo image was this (though we'll get an official one of the actress in her suit eventually):

Actually, this is a better comparison - the image of the Elseworlds promo art and the DC Fandome promo art:

CW_Batwoman_and_Batwoman.jpg

Going by these images we can see that:
    • The color scheme is the same
    • They both have a wig, but it is a different one
    • The Bat symbol is different
    • Gauntlets and shoulders are very slightly altered
    • Ryan's nose is not covered
    • The front of the mask is overall wider than the older version

BANNED

Just read some comments the showrunner Carolone Dries allegdly made and did she really use "sista" in this?

Seeing how she messed up the whole thing from the start, I would be surprised they handle this now with more grace.

Would not be surprised if the first episode is just one hour of telling how bad Kate was during her time in the costume.
    And not to forget how they handle Kate leaving in the end. But the most optimistic ending for her story would be her joining Bruce where ever he is.
    less optimistic she is killed off offscreen. Reminds me of Arrow and them handling female roles.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Would not be surprised if the first episode is just one hour of telling how bad Kate was during her time in the costume.
    Well, this is the same lead writer/showrunner who had Kate say lines such as (in reference to Batman) "Maybe I'm better". Because apparently characters can't just be good on their own merit.

[Edit] Oh, that reminds me, remember that episode where Sophie had her inspirational (flash-back) speech about how Point Rock could "Never erase Kate Kane"? Lol.
    So now the show has gone out of it's way to erase Kate Kane.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 09-28-2020 at 06:23 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'll believe it when it happens.
    The actress herself has specifically said it

I don't see why anyone would doubt that they'd change or tweak the suit. It happens with every other CW hero.

I think it's more of a case of how much they change it. With the other lead heroes it was the same hero getting their suit updated. In this case it's an entirely new hero, literally a different person.

Look at all the designs that can be done.
    I'm using the example of Batgirl because there have been more Batgirls than Batwomen, and it's the next closest mantle.

It's better IMO, if you can tell from the suit alone which character it belongs to.
    So if the suit is sitting on display, you should be able to tell at a glance "Oh, that's such and such's suit".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    I think it's more of a case of how much they change it. With the other lead heroes it was the same hero getting their suit updated. In this case it's an entirely new hero, literally a different person.

Look at all the designs that can be done.
    I'm using the example of Batgirl because there have been more Batgirls than Batwomen, and it's the next closest mantle.

This specific Batgirl costume mirrors Batwomen's history in the CW. During No Man's Land Helena Bertinelli wore it until she ticked off Batman with her antics, stripping her of the Batgirl mantle then Barbara gave the costume/mantle to Cassandra, who was her errand girl who lived on the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    This specific Batgirl costume mirrors Batwomen's history in the CW. During No Man's Land Helena Bertinelli wore it until she ticked off Batman with her antics, stripping her of the Batgirl mantle then Barbara gave the costume/mantle to Cassandra, who was her errand girl who lived on the streets.
    I know the No Man's Land storyline, and Helena's time as Batgirl was very temporary, she's more known as Huntress. The costume was designed for Cass, Helena was just the story reason to get her into the suit.

The point is at a glance you can typically tell the 3 main Batgirls apart from each other and not get them confused. You shouldn't see Steph's suit and wonder if it belongs to Cass, or see Cass's suit and mistake her for Babs etc. If there are to be multiple Batwomen the same rule of clear visual difference in the costume should apply IMHO. It should also be different, if for nothing else, then to reflect a different character's individuality and personality.

There was a prior one about a month(?) ago, showing it with motion-tracking dots on the rear panels.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)