Page 1 of 233 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Default Batwoman (2019)

A casting breakdown for the series was released today, so that seems like a good reason to make a standalone thread for the show.

http://www.thathashtagshow.com/2018/...son-flamebird/

That sounds like almost everyone I'd expect to see. "Sloane" could even be Sophie Moore, even though Renee's the more obvious candidate.

The pilot is rumored to film in April. I don't know how that compares to the other shows, but if they start in late April, like the 28th, they could potentially film at West Point itself, as the final day of classes is May 10th. Or even during Spring Break if they bump up that schedule to mid-March. I wonder...
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I doubt Renee Montoya will appear on the show. Gotham had her in the first season of the show before she disappeared. She's gonna be in the Birds of Prey movie so she'll be off limits to TV.

Yeah, the description sounds closer to Sophie. And if Sloane is Renee, that throws off the naming convention for the other fake names (same first letters).
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

I was hoping JULIA PENNYWORTH would be in the supporting cast.

Is it confirmed that it's coming in 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Is it confirmed that it's coming in 2019?
    Pretty much. Nothing points to it not.

Batwoman is Head of Wayne Enterprises in the Arrowverse:

https://batwoman.tv/kate-is-current-...ne-enterprises

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post

I have a feeling that her missing cousin will be a big part of season 1's first arc. Also makes me wonder, with the confirmations of Batwing, Bette, Kate's dad, and (insert love interest here that may be Renee Montoya or not), if Kate will come into contact with other members of the (extended) Bat family and what not. This might actually be a good series for Cass or Steph to enter into mainstream alongside Kate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I have a feeling that her missing cousin will be a big part of season 1's first arc. Also makes me wonder, with the confirmations of Batwing, Bette, Kate's dad, and (insert love interest here that may be Renee Montoya or not), if Kate will come into contact with other members of the (extended) Bat family and what not. This might actually be a good series for Cass or Steph to enter into mainstream alongside Kate.
    I can see the more obscure batfamily members appearing on the show. I bet the DC streaming service universe got dibs on the Robins. Duke Thomas, Nobody and Bluebird could make for a nice stable of heroes if the show goes that route.

If shows takes place in Earth 38 then Maggie Sawyer would make for a decent replacement for Montoya.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    A casting breakdown for the series was released today, so that seems like a good reason to make a standalone thread for the show.

http://www.thathashtagshow.com/2018/...son-flamebird/

That sounds like almost everyone I'd expect to see. "Sloane" could even be Sophie Moore, even though Renee's the more obvious candidate.

The pilot is rumored to film in April. I don't know how that compares to the other shows, but if they start in late April, like the 28th, they could potentially film at West Point itself, as the final day of classes is May 10th. Or even during Spring Break if they bump up that schedule to mid-March. I wonder...
    Kind of surprised that it looks like they're already apparently jumping into the Colony with Jacob, although the "Crows" reminds me of the Court of Owls.

I'm guessing Luke will be the Cisco-type of the show, being Batwoman's main techie supporting character who eventually becomes a Superhero on his own.

I don't think "Sloane" is Renee if only because they seem to be leaning towards the character being bisexual, since she has a husband but was once in love with Kate, unless it was a marriage she didn't really want. But I don't really see them putting Montoya in that situation to begin with.

"Meredith" sounds like Bette, but considering the ethnicity they're going for it sounds like she might not be related to Kate here.

"Charlotte" is set up to be Bette's mom but she also seems to be Jacob's wife with the whole "paramilitary" thing so...maybe Bette is Kate's step-sister...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post

I kind of wonder how that would happen, unless Bruce willed the company to her. I wonder if that means Lucius is indisposed or he thought Kate needed it?

I wonder if the Wayne/Kane rivalry will still be a thing on this show?
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I can see the more obscure batfamily members appearing on the show. I bet the DC streaming service universe got dibs on the Robins. Duke Thomas, Nobody and Bluebird could make for a nice stable of heroes if the show goes that route.

If shows takes place in Earth 38 then Maggie Sawyer would make for a decent replacement for Montoya.
    I wonder if Batgirl is off-limits? Although if they use Bette, then they basically have the original Bat-Girl .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if Batgirl is off-limits? Although if they use Bette, then they basically have the original Bat-Girl .
    If DC is still moving forward with her movie she likely is. If she's free I would expect her to show up in Titans. She was suppose to be on the show as Oracle when it was being developed for TNN.

so who is the rogues' gallery for Batwoman?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so who is the rogues' gallery for Batwoman?
    For the show, just Alice right now.

In general, this page includes most of her villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kind of surprised that it looks like they're already apparently jumping into the Colony with Jacob, although the "Crows" reminds me of the Court of Owls.
    The name Crows comes from The Murder of Crows, which is what the men who trained Kate called themselves. Jacob's old military friends.
    Last edited by Caivu; 12-08-2018 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    For the show, just Alice right now.

In general, this page includes most of her villains.

The name Crows comes from The Murder of Crows, which is what the men who trained Kate called themselves. Jacob's old military friends.
    I haven't been keeping up with the current books but Kate's dad is a villain now? Wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I haven't been keeping up with the current books but Kate's dad is a villain now? Wtf
    More anti-hero than straight-up villain. He's only a villain because he's against Batman. And one of his men went rogue.