Page 124 of 233 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It was one of the main selling points for the series.

I mean, a young, mute, Asian girl with learning difficulties would be a similarly very diverse show but it would be a different series then Batwoman.
    Agreed, Frontier. She would make a great addition to the show, but as the lead, the odds of it happening is about zilch.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    What's convoluted about the first season?
    Anything convoluted probably developed that way over time and not have to be re-established straight from the first episode.
    I don't think the first season was convoluted - my proposal was for how one could throw a new character in as Batwoman yet keep the Kane family relevant to the show. The show started out with all the main characters having connections to each other - it wasn't convoluted, but they all had a place and I was just saying they can all still have a place and a connection to each other and Batwoman even if it were a new character under the cowl.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Agreed, Frontier. She would make a great addition to the show, but as the lead, the odds of it happening is about zilch.
    Daredevil says HI.

So Sue Thomas FB Eye that did not end due to ratings but the network not wanting to do original programing. The actress who played her was deaf and Sue Thomas (deaf in real life) is a real person who did work for the FBI.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They will bring in a character with no explanation. This isn't Marvel where they will spend a whole season building up the character into the hero. She will be Batwoman from episode 1. They will flesh out how she got there later.
    The end result is the same so I don't see a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Daredevil says HI.

So Sue Thomas FB Eye that did not end due to ratings but the network not wanting to do original programing. The actress who played her was deaf and Sue Thomas (deaf in real life) is a real person who did work for the FBI.
    I don't think Darknight Detective was saying Cass could not carry a show because of her disabilities, just in terms of taking over Batwoman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Just recast, or replace the show with Batgirl - starring Cassandra cain.

I would love it but the chances for that are nearly zero.

And I would love to be told what the reason would be to not just choose a new actor but also replacing the role.

Do they really think Kate Kane is too burned now. If they just recast it will take some getting used to but after that it should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Daredevil says HI.

I don't think Darknight Detective was saying Cass could not carry a show because of her disabilities, just in terms of taking over Batwoman.
    What Frontier said.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    At this point I think its more important they find a way to keep the show going. Skarsten gives them a shot. It will still be a show about on openly lesbian superhero and that matters far more than if the actress is herself lesbian. I think most of the LGBT crowd will be understanding given they tried and got screwed by Ruby Rose and at this point like me would just want them to find the way forward that gives the show the best shot at surviving this problem. The show was already treading on thin ice ratings wise and I fear that starting completely over from scratch with a new character and unfamiliar face will doom it.
    That ain’t happening. We already know whoever ends up wearing the suit will be a lesbian.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    You don't have to be a lesbian to be Batwoman.

Kate is the lesbian. Batwoman is just the title.
    True, but the fact that Batwoman has become a gay icon on the show certainly makes it more probable that a lesbian would want to take the mantle. And also, Batwoman is a gay icon in real life too and real life can't be ignored.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    I would love it but the chances for that are nearly zero.

And I would love to be told what the reason would be to not just choose a new actor but also replacing the role.
    Yep.

Do they really think Kate Kane is too burned now. If they just recast it will take some getting used to but after that it should be fine.
    Agreed.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    The end result is the same so I don't see a problem.
    As many people here have pointed out, they'll have to rework the current supporting cast as much of the show drama resolved around family drama and that includes the lead villain. It would be easier to recast the lead then creating a new one.

It will also be a shame to lose the Kate/Kara friendship that had just been developed. I thought they had good chemistry, similar to Ollie and Barry.

As many people here have pointed out, they'll have to rework the current supporting cast as much of the show drama resolved around family drama and that includes the lead villain. It would be easier to recast the lead then creating a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It will also be a shame to lose the Kate/Kara friendship that had just been developed. I thought they had good chemistry, similar to Ollie and Barry.
    Not to mention they have to re-start Kate's burgeoning relationships with the other heroes with a new Batwoman.

All of the similarities between Kate and Kara that brought them together are now gone. Unless this new Batwoman will grow closer to Superman through the crossover? I dunno.

It's just a mess.

Not to mention they have to re-start Kate's burgeoning relationships with the other heroes with a new Batwoman.

All of the similarities between Kate and Kara that brought them together are now gone. Unless this new Batwoman will grow closer to Superman through the crossover? I dunno.

It's just a mess.
    Yep. An unnecessary mess, too.

I agree but still don't think it's going to be a problem a good writer can rework all of this easy.