Page 209 of 233 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Yep. The Riverdale cast have mentioned how bad some of the writing is on their show. Two of the black actresses on the show were also critical of how their characters were handled. The cast have open contempt for the writers room on that show.
    Sam Witwer's response to finding out what happened to his character was hilarious.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I figured he'd respond when he's one of the members of the cast she called out.

BANNED

I've not watched Season 2 yet, but I just learnt that they recasted Kate Kane, and gave her facial surgery and brainwashing. Lame, stupid, offensive.
    This is very, very, very disrespectful towards the beautiful character that Ruby Rose incarnated, and Ruby's awesome performance as Kate/Batwoman. Season 1 was great, I loved it.

They ruined a wonderful series.

Ugh, all this behind the scenes drama is taking a lot of fun out of this show. A lot of harsh words from Rose.

As for the episode, I liked Ryan's meeting with Jada and the fact that Ryan has a lot of respect for her biological mother. It's clearly putting her in a lot of pain, though.

Not sure how I feel about Luke and Mary. I like them both as characters, but that scene made them look like teenagers. I liked Batwing putting those nano things into Alice.

I felt bad for that Croc kid's dad.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I have to admit, I like that Alice left the girl there.(from a story standpoint) It would have been too easy to give Alice a simple redemptive arc, but her reasoning and emotional response made it more interesting than if she'd either tried to save the girl or had simply kept walking. I do think she was conflicted, but her ultimate message that "nobody is coming to save you" hit home just how damaged she is.
    That was very much in character for Alice.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Poor Waylon Jones got buried under rubble. Did Gordon authorize that? I was expecting them to dust off that cure they said they were developing, but it didn't happen. Also his wrestling persona looked like the undertaker.
    Yeah, he kind of did. Also, did this show of all places just racebend Waylon Jones into a white guy?

Is Mary and Luke going to finally happen? I kept expecting it in season 1, but that scene of her checking him out (in more ways than one) definitely seemed to indicate something. I guess we're not going to see Stephanie again.
    Or maybe we will and there will be some sort of love triangle.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    I've not watched Season 2 yet, but I just learnt that they recasted Kate Kane, and gave her facial surgery and brainwashing. Lame, stupid, offensive.
    This is very, very, very disrespectful towards the beautiful character that Ruby Rose incarnated, and Ruby's awesome performance as Kate/Batwoman. Season 1 was great, I loved it.
    I think they salvaged Kate as best they could post-Rose's departure. I was worried they were just going to outright kill her off and have Ryan take over as Batwoman and be done with it, but thankfully, we got some of the real Kate Kane back eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Ugh, all this behind the scenes drama is taking a lot of fun out of this show. A lot of harsh words from Rose.

As for the episode, I liked Ryan's meeting with Jada and the fact that Ryan has a lot of respect for her biological mother. It's clearly putting her in a lot of pain, though.

Not sure how I feel about Luke and Mary. I like them both as characters, but that scene made them look like teenagers. I liked Batwing putting those nano things into Alice.

I felt bad for that Croc kid's dad.

That was very much in character for Alice.

Yeah, he kind of did. Also, did this show of all places just racebend Waylon Jones into a white guy?

Or maybe we will and there will be some sort of love triangle.

I think they salvaged Kate as best they could post-Rose's departure. I was worried they were just going to outright kill her off and have Ryan take over as Batwoman and be done with it, but thankfully, we got some of the real Kate Kane back eventually.
    You mean Waylon Jones wasn't a white guy? Seriously, I have no real knowledge of killer croc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    Annnddd....this is why you don't write headlines that imply someone's allegations are proven, CBR: Batwoman Crew Member Backs WBTV, Calls Ruby Rose a 'Dictator' (Exclusive
    Ruby's fired back today on Instagram, and specifically brings up this article. She states that CBR didn't do due diligence in vetting their sources, and that she can find no record in the call sheets she kept that this person even worked on the show during Season 1. She also states that the crew has to sign NDAs and can't legally talk to the press without the fear of losing their jobs, and also points out when the alleged food incident happened, she had just had neck surgery was was on a liquid diet. She's also posted a bunch of texts and emails about being made to due a photo shoot for Entertainment Weekly only days after the surgery, and being forced to wear the suit even after she told them that she couldn't because she was still healing.

You can say what you want about her acting, or how she may or may not behave on the set. But Ruby does seem to have actual documentary evidence of what she says went down. Whereas WB only seems to have the old playbook of character assassination.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    You mean Waylon Jones wasn't a white guy? Seriously, I have no real knowledge of killer croc.
    I don't know if it's definitive canon, but a few adaptions have had him be black. Not that you can always tell because of his croc skin.

Oh, and apparently we have confirmation that the CWverse has an Aquaman?! I'm surprised CBR hasn't written a click-baity article trumpeting it over that one line of dialogue.
    Atlantis has been around on Earth-2 as far back as season 2 of the Flash (I think there may have been an "Arthur" reference somewhere), and post-Crisis Cisco has been to Atlantis, so it's not like this came completely out of nowhere.

I don't know if it's definitive canon, but a few adaptions have had him be black. Not that you can always tell because of his croc skin.
    I thought Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje playing him in Suicide Squad would've cemented his race.
    Last edited by 90'sCartoonMan; 10-24-2021 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I thought Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje playing him in Suicide Squad would've cemented his race.
    I think the only thing that movie cemented was Margot Robbie and Viola Davis.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I just watched last weeks episode.

Mary + Luke = please....just don't
    Sophie + Ryan = please, please, please DO NOT.

Both of these foreshadowing possible romance ideas are just sooooo bad.

I do like that thus far we are getting 2.0 versions of Bruce's Rogues through at least plausible means. Plausible in the realms of the surreal at least.

Alice was going to let that girl die. Redemption arc not starting yet.
    What about the other folks Croc 2.0 had stored up? Were they dead or just paralyzed better than the soccer girl? The closing doesn't mention their fate when Vesper is giving her "crocodile tears" summary of the events.

Also, name dropping Aquaman...hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    So, how many people know Ryan is Batwoman? Aside from her team and Alice, you definitely have Renee, the two cops/guards who transported Alice, and, from last season, Ryan’s parole officer. Presumably, other people in the GCPD now know. Not to mention the mayor’s office. Also, anyone the two guards have told. And on and on.
    Well over on Titans I don't see how Bruce can have a secret identity anymore either. So at least the shows are in accidental synch that way.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Am I the only one who doesn't see much of a problem with Luke and Mary?

Am I the only one who doesn't see much of a problem with Luke and Mary?
    Late to the party on the episode, but I didn't think it was too too bad.

One thing I like was them addressing Ryan's parentage right away rather their drawing it out, having Jet and Ryan have these convoluted reasons to keep interacting all the while the audience is dangling is today going to be the day Ryan finds out/confronts her, etc etc....I just think in early Arrowverse days this would have been drawn out to the 'mid season finale'

Mary and Luke I don't take too much of an issue with.

Sophie and Ryan just reeks of, well she's into girls...she's into girls too....they occupy the same screen space a lot of the time, welp let's put them together.

Now if they have other romances I don't care. you have to give your characters ish to do, just THIS PARTICULAR COUPLING...no...just....no....

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Sophie and Ryan just reeks of, well she's into girls...she's into girls too....they occupy the same screen space a lot of the time, welp let's put them together.
    Agreed. I'm liking their friendship after starting out as adversaries. Also, they already had Sophie bounce from Kate to Julia - they don't need to have her jump on every lesbian character on the show.

Agreed. I'm liking their friendship after starting out as adversaries. Also, they already had Sophie bounce from Kate to Julia - they don't need to have her jump on every lesbian character on the show.
    Didn't Julia wear the suit to fool Sophie to think Kate was not Batwoman in season one? So it's even worse for Sophie hooking up with everyone who wears the cowl....