Page 87 of 233 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    And again, she brought it on herself.
    What's wrong with you? No criminal brings it upon themselves to be murdered while in custody.

Break her legs.
    Meaning she goes to a hospital, which aren't secure.

I mean hey, Magpie could potentially escape, but Kate was fine with stopping her.

But I guess that's because they weren't related.
    Yes, in part. That's the point, along with these other points we keep going in circles about.
    Last edited by Caivu; 02-26-2020 at 04:31 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Yeeeaaaaaahhh, honestly, I think went a bit overboard there. You were right to call me out on that.

So compromise and a simple solution: Call Barry and have him lock her up in the pipeline.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Alice's invincibility and the inability of anyone but Mary to best her is one of the reasons I no longer watch.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 02-26-2020 at 07:18 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Alive's invincibility and the inability of anyone but Mary to best her is one of the reasons I no longer watch.
    Kate did best her in episode 5. She just didn't arrest her.

And she was sick when she fought Mary.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Kate did best her in episode 5. She just didn't arrest her.

And she was sick when she fought Mary.
    And she escapes from everywhere and beats multiple trained officers and has run roughshod over Gotham with a gang of 4 guys in furry costumes.

Willing suspension of disbelief is a personal thing. Mine ended with this show, yours not. I get why people who are bigger fans of the character are giving the show more leeway.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

And she escapes from everywhere and beats multiple trained officers and has run roughshod over Gotham with a gang of 4 guys in furry costumes.

Willing suspension of disbelief is a personal thing. Mine ended with this show, yours not. I get why people who are bigger fans of the character are giving the show more leeway.
    I wouldn't go that far, I've been plenty critical of the show, I was just pointing something out.

I would like to know where Alice is getting all of her mooks though.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Switching gears a bit, what's everyone's favorite moments in the series? Can be anything! I for instance, liked Kate best during the Crisis Crossover. She had good interactions with Kara.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

And she escapes from everywhere
    So like every villain ever?

and beats multiple trained officers
    This is only an issue if you presume she has no training, which there's zero reason to.

and has run roughshod over Gotham with a gang of 4 guys in furry costumes.
    More like 4 dozen. C'mon, don't exaggerate!
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    So like every villain ever?

This is only an issue if you presume she has no training, which there's zero reason to.

More like 4 dozen. C'mon, don't exaggerate!
    Yes, other badly written villains.

When you have to make up stuff about a character, with zero evidence from the show to back it up, just to explain something...bad writing.

I wouldn't go that far, I've been plenty critical of the show, I was just pointing something out.

I would like to know where Alice is getting all of her mooks though.
    Understood. Not criticizing you for still watching.

When you have to make up stuff about a character, with zero evidence from the show to back it up, just to explain something...bad writing.
    Having gaps in a character's backstory is not in any way bad writing. Besides, there is evidence already: Alice's capabilities themselves. She knows how to fight, thus she had to have learned how at some point.

Pseudo-vampire was cool, and I liked Kate's UV light app thing.

Nice tie there, Luke. Mary had to put things together soon enough. After getting past her initial feelings of anger, I'm sure she will be an asset to Team Batwoman. Hopefully this will bring Kate and Mary closer, there's still a bit of a rift between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Can we all just collectively hope for Alice to cut Cartwright into tiny little pieces?

Would be the first genuinely good thing she'd be doing.
    Her or maybe Mouse. Alice needs to be stopped and punished, but I do still have some sympathy for Mouse.

Switching gears a bit, what's everyone's favorite moments in the series? Can be anything! I for instance, liked Kate best during the Crisis Crossover. She had good interactions with Kara.
    Opening up her bar across the street from that restaurant was a pretty gutsy move. Or maybe stopping that train.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Nice tie there, Luke. Mary had to put things together soon enough. After getting past her initial feelings of anger, I'm sure she will be an asset to Team Batwoman. Hopefully this will bring Kate and Mary closer, there's still a bit of a rift between them.
    I was wondering what Mary would feel angry about, other then the lying of course, until I realize she'll probably think the reason Batwoman hasn't stopped Alice is because she's her sister.
    Her or maybe Mouse. Alice needs to be stopped and punished, but I do still have some sympathy for Mouse.
    I kind of stopped sympathizing with Mouse when he became Alice's cheerful partner in crime and helped frame Jacob/kill Catherine. Still feel bad for what he went through, but he owns who he is now just like Alice does.

BANNED

That was great. We Need an annually crossover

I am sorry, but leaving gaps for the viewers to explain away things isn't good writing.