Page 60 of 233 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Honestly, sending a prepubescent to take care of an infant all alone was a stupid idea even if you leave out the issue of her being stuck in space longer than him.
    She was able to change his diaper. But yeah, it would have made more sense to send Lara. In the pilot episode of Adventures of Superman Jor-El insisted Lara go with the baby but she refused and wanted to be with Jor-El.
    I guess love for their children isn't very strong for Krptonians, Lara abandons Kal-El, Kal-El abandons Kara. At least Kal-El found a family for Kara. Lara had no idea what would happen to Kal-El. He just got lucky a kindly
    couple found him.

Re member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I meant to Kara specifically. Finding your 13 year old cousin and dumping her off with a human family, right after (from her perspective) she lost her whole world is, to me, a dick move. Especially since in her mind, she was going to Earth to watch over Clark. But Clark didn't even bother to do that for her.
    Superman being a bit of a dick where Kara is concerned seems to be pretty consistent across the various comics eras.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

So, I've only watched the pilot and was pretty unimpressed. Now is as good a time as any to ask whether it has improved enough to actually bother with the show.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    So, I've only watched the pilot and was pretty unimpressed. Now is as good a time as any to ask whether it has improved enough to actually bother with the show.
    I have watched every episode and I would say the show has been fairly consistent. No better or worse than the pilot. So if you didn't like the pilot you probably won't like the rest any more.
    For me the show is enjoyable enough. I do like the Alice, Mary and Luke characters and can tolerate Kate and Jacob. Could do without Sophie.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I have watched every episode and I would say the show has been fairly consistent. No better or worse than the pilot. So if you didn't like the pilot you probably won't like the rest any more.
    For me the show is enjoyable enough. I do like the Alice, Mary and Luke characters and can tolerate Kate and Jacob. Could do without Sophie.
    That's really a pity because I love the character in the comics. I just can't face another disappointing CW show.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Each to their own, I've been finding each episode better than the last, so far. The Pilot was the wort episode we've had yet IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    That's really a pity because I love the character in the comics. I just can't face another disappointing CW show.
    if you want comics Kate, you won't find her in the show. Maybe she'll grow into that character, but for now that isn't her.

Expect a younger person on the emotional-maturity-scale. For example comics-Kate is disciplined and determined to serve her "duty", TV-Kate is rebellious and doesn't initially even want to be a vigilante - she just used the suit to save her ex.

I'm enjoying the show very much, but the TV version is a different Kate Kane.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 11-17-2019 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Each to their own, I've been finding each episode better than the last, so far. The Pilot was the wort episode we've had yet IMO.

if you want comics Kate, you won't find her in the show. Maybe she'll grow into that character, but for now that isn't her.

Expect a younger person on the emotional-maturity-scale. For example comics-Kate is disciplined and determined to serve her "duty", TV-Kate is rebellious and doesn't initially even want to be a vigilante - she just used the suit to save her ex.

I'm enjoying the show very much, but the TV version is a different Kate Kane.
    Not to mention she's notably younger then Bruce in the show, but the two are roughly the same age in the comics.

I just watched last week's show. I am close to dropping this. I just don't care about the characters and "Crazy Sis"is starting to wear on me.
    The Executioner was a humdrum villain and the DA was an idiot in the begining. "Oh look a slow moving stream of electrified water, why don't I climb this metal fence instead of steeping aside."

I'll watch tonight to see if I continue.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Wait what? She strings up the bad guy and then just leaves and let's a murderer escape? And then sys she has to find him? What???

Real time posting;

And now they fight over who will bring him in, letting him escape..again. The stupid burns!

And they are responsible for a man's death.

Why look for the "rifle guy" if they are just going to let him go?

Posh restaurant owner doesn't like gay girls eating there? What century is Gotham in?

And...they let the killer with the super weapon walk away again.

Oh well, maybe they will get him in Greece, and the fact that her sister had 3 people killed doesn't seem to trouble them at all.

At least she didn't kill anyone in that high speed van accident.

And does anyone care who Sophie really loves?

Okay, openly gay bars are fine in Gotham, but you can still ask gay people to leave your restaurant?

Manical laugh, manical laugh. Oh dear.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 11-17-2019 at 07:02 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Alfred's daughter is gorgeous.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Alfred's daughter is gorgeous.
    All the women on this show are lovely, but Catherine is still my favorite.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The Executioner was a humdrum villain and the DA was an idiot in the begining. "Oh look a slow moving stream of electrified water, why don't I climb this metal fence instead of steeping aside."
    Humans are known for thinking rationally when they're scared for their lives, after all.

Seriously, even if he stepped aside, there's still a huge dude with an axe right there.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Humans are known for thinking rationally when they're scared for their lives, after all.

Seriously, even if he stepped aside, there's still a huge dude with an axe right there.

Yeah, it's not like you can't run faster than a huge dude in armor carrying an axe.

CW shows usually devolve into some stupid stuff. This one is starting that way. I'll watch through Crisis, but I think I am done after that.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 11-17-2019 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post

Heh, I'd probably freeze so hard I wouldn't even try to escape.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Wait what? She strings up the bad guy and then just leaves and let's a murderer escape? And then sys she has to find him? What???

Real time posting;

And now they fight over who will bring him in, letting him escape..again. The stupid burns!

And they are responsible for a man's death.

Why look for the "rifle guy" if they are just going to let him go?

Posh restaurant owner doesn't like gay girls eating there? What century is Gotham in?

And...they let the killer with the super weapon walk away again.

Oh well, maybe they will get him in Greece, and the fact that her sister had 3 people killed doesn't seem to trouble them at all.

At least she didn't kill anyone in that high speed van accident.

And does anyone care who Sophie really loves?

Okay, openly gay bars are fine in Gotham, but you can still ask gay people to leave your restaurant?

Manical laugh, manical laugh. Oh dear.
    Do you watch the news?