Page 61 of 233 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Yes, I could see this happening in a small diner in the South. But in a large metropolitan city like Gotham at a posh upscale restaurant? No, I can't see this happening.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Yeah, that van accident was.....reckless, to say the least.

Also, was it said what happened to Jacob?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yes, I could see this happening in a small diner in the South. But in a large metropolitan city like Gotham at a posh upscale restaurant? No, I can't see this happening.
    I could see it happening if they were being outrageous, but for hand holding? I'm with you, Kirby.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Earlier this month a group of 18 black people at a Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant in a suburb of Chicago was asked to move to another table because a white customer didn't want to sit near black people.
    The restaurant employees were fired and the white customer was banned from all their restaurants for life when word got out what had happened. If this still happens to black people I can see it still
    happening to gay people.

https://chicago.eater.com/2019/11/4/...red-naperville

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Yeah, that van accident was.....reckless, to say the least.

Also, was it said what happened to Jacob?
    Kara did the same thing in the episode where she ended up going to Slaver's Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Earlier this month a group of 18 black people at a Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant in a suburb of Chicago was asked to move to another table because a white customer didn't want to sit near black people.
    The restaurant employees were fired and the white customer was banned from all their restaurants for life when word got out what had happened. If this still happens to black people I can see it still
    happening to gay people.

https://chicago.eater.com/2019/11/4/...red-naperville

Kara did the same thing in the episode where she ended up going to Slaver's Moon.
    Yes, and there is a world of difference between that and two women holding hands in an upscale elegant restaurant. This wasn't Chic Fil A.
    But this was just one of my list of a dozen dumb things in this episode.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Well , I have to say I’m kind of disappointed that Sophie didn’t really tell Jacob Kate was Batwoman- I’m waiting to see that inevitable reveal. But, I’m hoping Jacob will be cool with it,though I’m guessing that probably won’t be the case.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    Do you watch the news?
    LOl seriously. Or heck you can easily find it on social media.

Someone said they doubted women hand holding would be enough to cause a stink.

I wish I lived in these little perfect worlds some people clearly do.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    LOl seriously. Or heck you can easily find it on social media.

Someone said they doubted women hand holding would be enough to cause a stink.

I wish I lived in these little perfect worlds some people clearly do.
    In any big city, like New York, Boston, LA, Chicago, etc... which Gotham is suppose to be. This simply would not happen in a restaurant of this level. Some small mom & pop joint or a low price franchise, sure. But a high end white tablecloth place, no.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    No prob!
    Thank you. The reason I'm responding late is we got the test results from the family health crisis last week, and the results were not good.

And not necessarily. I have cousins who are much older than I am. And it could end up being the reason Bruce left- after decades of fighting crime, much like Danny Glover, he got too old for that ****.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Why? I see no problem. There can be huge age gaps between siblings, and even more so with cousins. It keeps them from directly competing, so if anything it seems like a smart move for a TV series about Batwoman
    I see. I was just hoping that the TV show would be loyal to the comic book material with the same age gap, but there goes that idea.

Why are they talking about Bruce being so isolated and only having Lucius and Alfred? Was the Robin name-drop just a joke? Because if not, then he had a partner. Unless things ended so badly with Robin that they just don't talk about him.

Sophie feels so wishy-washy, whether it be her feelings for Kate, what she wants to do, or what she tells Tyler.

Mary thought she and Kate were finally bonding? Have they even really interacted since episode 2? Mary's talked more with Batwoman then she has Kate on this show. But I do feel for her losing her family (at least from a legal standpoint), although it's weird to see her calling Jacob "dad."

After Reagan and Julia, I'd half-think Kate had a thing for hot blonde's.

At least Julia treats Luke well. It's kind of interesting seeing all this interconnectedness from the "Batfamily" with everybody knowing everybody.

I guess it's good to know Kate is a good shot even while hungover...although now I feel bad for the cadets who participated who were completely sober.

Wayne Tower security is getting to be as effective as STAR Labs security. Although is Mary now an unofficial employee as their real estate design consultant? I'm sure she won't stumble into the Batcave every time she walks into that room unannounced .

Is nobody going to ask why they were designing a gun that could pierce the Batsuit? That seems very specific.

Ah, the old "have someone else dress up in my costume" maneuver .

I feel bad for those Crows just doing their job who got beat up and their van crashed thanks to Kate .

On the one hand, it's good that Jacob really didn't hear that Kate might be Batwoman because then he'd never get that out of his head...but on the other hand, now Catherine thinks there's more hope for saving her marriage then there is. Then again, it did seem like Jacob was too warm to her after what she did.

So The Rifle worked with Safiyah? I wonder why she wanted him to kill Batwoman...unless she knows it's Kate and wanted payback on her ex, assuming they incorporate their relationship from the comics. Although Alice seems to know her intimately, so I wonder if they'd transplant Kate's time in Coryana to Beth.

Did people not have a good opinion of Bruce? I always imagined he was a very popular and successful philanthropist.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Mary thought she and Kate were finally bonding? Have they even really interacted since episode 2? Mary's talked more with Batwoman then she has Kate on this show. But I do feel for her losing her family (at least from a legal standpoint), although it's weird to see her calling Jacob "dad."

Did people not have a good opinion of Bruce? I always imagined he was a very popular and successful philanthropist.
    That's not odd at all. My sister has a different father, but after our mom remarried, she has always called my dad 'Dad'. Probably because my dad actually cares for her, and her dad is an alcoholic gambling addict.

As for Bruce- that really depends on what interpretation of him they are using. Sometimes he's a popular and successful philanthropist, and sometimes he plays up the 'irresponsible party boy' image to the hilt. Prime example of that was in the No Man's Land story- near the end, while working to stop Lex from taking over Gotham before it reopened, Bruce played like he was a lazy idiot while he let Lucius do the public work. Same thing in The Dark Knight, with the Asian businessman where he 'slept' through a meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is nobody going to ask why they were designing a gun that could pierce the Batsuit? That seems very specific.
    Possibly similar to Bruce himself, they wanted to be prepared if he ever went rogue. If he had, Hamilton could contact the GCPD and be like "Hey, we've got just the thing that can stop him."
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

The Batsuit gun is another bit of idiocy. A marksman like "the Rifle" should be able to shoot him/her in the face with a sniper rifle. Or just toss a hand grenade. Inventing an anti-Bat weapon sounds like something from the Adam West Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Possibly similar to Bruce himself, they wanted to be prepared if he ever went rogue. If he had, Hamilton could contact the GCPD and be like "Hey, we've got just the thing that can stop him."
    Except Batman's been MIA for years, and the gun had to be in development BEFORE Kate became Batwoman.

The Batsuit gun is another bit of idiocy. A marksman like "the Rifle" should be able to shoot him/her in the face with a sniper rifle. Or just toss a hand grenade. Inventing an anti-Bat weapon sounds like something from the Adam West Batman.
    Not idiotic at all. The suit is perfectly bulletproof up to .50 caliber rounds. And is resistant to explosions. A coil or rail gun is the only known way to penetrate it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Except Batman's been MIA for years, and the gun had to be in development BEFORE Kate became Batwoman.
    It was. Catherine said they put the project on hold when Batman went missing, and brought it back when Batwoman appeared.
    Last edited by Caivu; 11-18-2019 at 11:47 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)