Page 84 of 233 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    How is Sophie "equivalent" to Renee?
    Because she's the love-interest role with the will they won't they situation with Kate. And she may not be GCPD, but the Crows aren't too far off it in that they are legal while vigilantism is not. But fine, 'stand-in', if you prefer.

Point being, since the Arrowverse tends to do it's own thing, unless they are able to bring Renee in later on, the possibility is still there that Sophie could become the Question. They changed Bette into Mary, and made her a step-sister instead of cousin, so there's no reason they couldn't give Sophie some Renee storylines.

Not saying I necessarily want that to happen, or not, just that it's possibly what they might do.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 02-23-2020 at 04:38 AM.

Sophie, especially recently, has some of Renee's bad-cop tendencies and homophobic parents, also like Renee. Still too early and broad to say for sure, but it's interesting.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Anyone else wondering if Sophie will become the Question?
    She's basically the Arrowverse equivalent of Renee, and unless there are plans for Renee to actually show-up in the future, I could see the writer's re-purposing some of Renee's story for Sophie.

The Arrowverse turned Maggie into Alex's GF, made Jimmy Olsen Guardian, and gave Green Arrow Batman storylines - so it wouldn't surprise me.
    Man, I wish Sophie was more like Renee...

Although I could never buy her as The Question unless she gets a huge character overhaul.

Batbike! In good lighting, so you can actually see the details. Needs more red still IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man, I wish Sophie was more like Renee...

Although I could never buy her as The Question unless she gets a huge character overhaul.
    I don't know, I listened to the 52 audiobook a few months back, and I could buy Sophie becoming the Question - given that her life is becoming a wreck, and she's losing a sense of (previous) identity as such.

Anyway, I'm waiting to see more gadgets in use. Batarang and grapple are all very well and good, but besides that we've seen the staff and white eyes, not much else.

In the comics Kate can taser people, or a shoot pepper pellets at them (though she hasn't for ages). More bat-gadgets would be wonderful, here's hoping.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 02-23-2020 at 03:19 PM.

Batbike! In good lighting, so you can actually see the details. Needs more red still IMO.

At least it's in her colors .

I get they probably couldn't trick it out too much, but I wish they could've modified it to look more...batty.
    I don't know, I listened to the 52 audiobook a few months back, and I could buy Sophie becoming the Question - given that her life is becoming a wreck, and she's losing a sense of (previous) identity as such.

Anyway, I'm waiting to see more gadgets in use. Batarang and grapple are all very well and good, but besides that we've seen the staff and white eyes, not much else.

In the comics Kate can taser people, or a shoot pepper pellets at them (though she hasn't for ages). More bat-gadgets would be wonderful, here's hoping.
    I don't think she's hit Montoya-level rock bottom yet. I also don't think she's near as tough as Montoya, but that's just my opinion.

There are a lot of gadgets in the Batcave that I don't think we've seen her use yet. She's got red Bat-Cuffs that I don't think she's used yet...and some others.

Mighty Member

Nocturna should hook up with the Man-Bat if the writers of the show ever decide to introduce that character.

Man, are a lot of characters going to look dumbfounded when they realize Alice is still alive and have to figure out whose body is in that morgue. Although you'd think from physical examinations they could probably have noticed that Beth didn't quite match up to the Alice they had been fighting all this time .

So Nocturna wasn't a "real" vampire, just someone with a genetic condition that lent herself to coming off like a vampire. Almost like how Killer Croc's whole shtick is based around a skin condition. I'm not surprised they didn't do the blue skin but I felt like there was at least some blue filters running around in the scenes with her in it as a reference to her comic look. Who knows, maybe recovering from that UV blast will alter her skin to match the comics...

Is Sophie into Batwoman for being Batwoman or because a part of her still thinks it's Kate?

The Crows have been pretty ineffectual in all we've seen them try to accomplish, only really being there to cleanup after Batwoman. I feel like their "glory days" was when Batman vanished and all his villains stopped appearing so they didn't have to deal with Supervillains on a daily basis.

It does feel like Luke practically lives in the Batcave. It's kind of sad that he has no life outside of continuing to support a crusade his father started in the shell of Wayne Tower, but I guess after Lucius' death Luke probably found the drive to dedicate his life to crime-fighting.

Mary continuing to own being the #1 wingwoman in Gotham...shortly behind probably being the most likely person in the cast to get kidnapped.

Kate had two prime opportunities to finally bring Alice down that she didn't take advantage of and frankly I'm not sure why she didn't if she's given up on Alice to the extent she says she has. Like, you know where she and her gang are staying...maybe call in an anonymous Crows tip? I dunno.

Alice, you can't have it both ways. You can't want your sister to save you even though you keep giving her reasons not to with only the occasional good deed to try and make Kate believe your worthy of a redemption you don't want to own up to.

I never thought about the fact that Cartwright replaced the famous surgeon he was posing as, but he probably never could have pulled it off as an assumed identity made from scratch. On-top of all that, he immediately divorced the wife of the man whose life he stole. What a tool .

I knew Mary was going to end up in the fold the more she kept hanging around Wayne Tower, but now she's realized Kate is Batwoman. Is she going to ask Kate directly about it or try and sneak into the Batcave? She probably realizes now what that panic room really was.

Sophie was lucky that Batwoman just happened to decide to drop by the roof of the GCPD for once after the Bat-Signal got turned on. She's never had a reason to beforehand.

I wonder if there's any Batman/Jim Gordon slash fiction that ends with them making out next to the Bat-Signal. Granted, I could see Stephanie Brown having that exact fantasy with that detective she was crushing hard on during her Batgirl tenure.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sophie was lucky that Batwoman just happened to decide to drop by the roof of the GCPD for once after the Bat-Signal got turned on. She's never had a reason to beforehand.

I wonder if there's any Batman/Jim Gordon slash fiction that ends with them making out next to the Bat-Signal. Granted, I could see Stephanie Brown having that exact fantasy with that detective she was crushing hard on during her Batgirl tenure.
    Yeah, the Bat-signal = Best. Booty-call. Ever.

From the trailer, it looks like in the next episode Kate goes back to the original costume with the high collar that protects the neck. If so, they literally modified her suit just so she could be bit by a vampire.

Please don't compare Sophie to Renee. That hurts me in my soul. Also, how long until she realizes that Batwoman kisses just like her old girlfriend Kate? As for them making out in front of the bat signal, somewhere Dr. Meridian Chase is envious

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    From the trailer, it looks like in the next episode Kate goes back to the original costume with the high collar that protects the neck. If so, they literally modified her suit just so she could be bit by a vampire.
    That's the weird thing: she got bit on the mouth, not the neck.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

You guys realize Sophie knows Kate is Batwoman right?

Unless I am greatly remembering things...she knows.

Kind of off topic but I still think National City has the best looking police cars.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    You guys realize Sophie knows Kate is Batwoman right?

Unless I am greatly remembering things...she knows.
    Not anymore, due to the trick with Julia.

Can we all just collectively hope for Alice to cut Cartwright into tiny little pieces?

Would be the first genuinely good thing she'd be doing.