Page 105 of 233 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

TV Line goes more into Ruby's departure.

Apparently she was having difficulty adjusting to having a lead role in a network drama and living in Vancouver, which also made her difficult on set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    They’ll just have a new character take on the mantle
    I think that's even more doubtful when the whole show is based around the Kate Kane Batwoman. Unless they make the new character 99% like Kate it will just be a whole different show.

They have a conveniently built in explanation for a differing look if they want. Just say between seasons she's badly injured in a battle with her sister and her face is operated on. She eventually escapes but she has a different face and voila, plot-reduced elephant in the room.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    They have a conveniently built in explanation for a differing look if they want. Just say between seasons she's badly injured in a battle with her sister and her face is operated on. She eventually escapes but she has a different face and voila, plot-reduced elephant in the room.
    What about flashbacks now?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The wonders of re-filming .

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    You have that backwards. Kate Kane is Batwoman at the moment but Batwoman is merely the costume. Anyone can be under the mask. Countless examples of others taking up the mask in comics. There were multiple Black Canaries on Arrow as well.

This is a bad situation for the show, I'm just trying to come up with ideas to save it because it was already on thin ice ratings and reception wise and this could easily kill it.

I still think the best idea is my first one and move Rachel Skarsten into the role of Batwoman. She has been pretty much carrying the show anyway.
    I can't see Alice being redeemed which is why I think you bring back alt verse Beth instead. They are bringing Bruce Wayne on to the show so have him train her saying the city needs a Batwoman.
    But they aren't bringing in Bruce Wayne. It's just Tommy Elliot who now LOOKS like Bruce Wayne. He has none of Bruce's skills or training.

That's not to say they won't bring in the real Bruce later on down the line, but at this point, it isn't him.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Sort of like the old Superboy show where he would travel to other Earths and the Luthor there was the one who had a face change to account for a new actor! Even in universes where he never met Superboy! Who was the reason he had the face change in the first place!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Apparently she was having difficulty adjusting to having a lead role in a network drama and living in Vancouver, which also made her difficult on set.

I think that's even more doubtful when the whole show is based around the Kate Kane Batwoman. Unless they make the new character 99% like Kate it will just be a whole different show.
    Well, if that's true, then that's just annoying. You should know what to expect when you sign the contract; if you can't handle it, then you should pass and move onto the next job. Now, if the show fails next season and gets canceled, her quitting will cost the rest of the cast and crew their jobs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Well, if that's true, then that's just annoying. You should know what to expect when you sign the contract; if you can't handle it, then you should pass and move onto the next job. Now, if the show fails next season and gets canceled, her quitting will cost the rest of the cast and crew their jobs as well.
    I don't think it's a matter of not knowing, but a matter of actually doing it and realizing it wasn't for her. Especially when combined with her injury; not necessarily complications from it, but just the fact it happened.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

If it's true that she wasn't happy with the schedule or her hours, that might actually explain why Alice has been such a big part of the show, occupying so much screentime. (and of course, Rose's injury)

Speculation will persist, but if this "source" is going to put out a story implying that Rose was unpleasant to work with, they need to stand up and stand behind their words, imo.

But they aren't bringing in Bruce Wayne. It's just Tommy Elliot who now LOOKS like Bruce Wayne. He has none of Bruce's skills or training.

That's not to say they won't bring in the real Bruce later on down the line, but at this point, it isn't him.
    Then just bring in Nyssa. She's go to trainer for everyone else in the Arrowverse.

Astonishing Member

This show has way more problems than the lead actor. For one, it is plagued by all of the same tropes as the other Berlantiverse shows where we don't see enough of the lead character on screen. Also, I'd expect a Bat show to be a bit more darker. I guess CW is happy with the shows, but I"d pull the plug on each one with the lone exception of Stargirl.

Ultimate Member

Well when you sign that contract you are at the mercy of the studio.

Nightman lost most of it's season 1 cast because they moved the filming to Canada from California.

Voyager lost it's first Janeway the same way.

Knowing about it and doing it is two different things.

And when you have backlash-it's not limited to online. It can be in person that doesn't get reported.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

It’s not based around Kate Kane anymore bc she’s leaving. So, new character. Why are you scared of the show being different?

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Then just bring in Nyssa. She's go to trainer for everyone else in the Arrowverse.

I.... actually like that idea. And why not go all the way- have Kate and Nyssa start a relationship? Might as well have a Bat be the beloved of an al-Ghul.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    This show has way more problems than the lead actor. For one, it is plagued by all of the same tropes as the other Berlantiverse shows where we don't see enough of the lead character on screen. Also, I'd expect a Bat show to be a bit more darker. I guess CW is happy with the shows, but I"d pull the plug on each one with the lone exception of Stargirl.
    You want this show to be DARKER? They had Beth find her mom's frozen head in the home of the man who abducted her and had her chained in a basement for a time before the Stockholm Syndrom took hold. They then had Alice/Beth murder Grandma by way of improvised flamethrower. And that's just the flashbacks! You want darker than THAT?!

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well when you sign that contract you are at the mercy of the studio.

Nightman lost most of it's season 1 cast because they moved the filming to Canada from California.

Voyager lost it's first Janeway the same way.

Knowing about it and doing it is two different things.

And when you have backlash-it's not limited to online. It can be in person that doesn't get reported.
    I think it's a different ballgame here. Voyager lost their first Janeway because the actress they cast decided she didn't want to deal with the schedule before the show started- they only needed to refilm for the pilot. I never watched Nightman, but in a similar situation Supergirl lost a lot of the season 1 cast moving to Canada from California. But the main lead actors- Melissa, Chyler, David, Mechad and Jeremy- all stayed on. And other characters were either gradually written of (Cat), or just ignored completely (everyone else).

In this case, it's the lead of the show. She could have had long talks with Stephen, Grant, and Melissa as to what to expect. She could have prepared herself for the rigors of TV shoots, and living a portion of the year in Vancouver. And if she didn't think she'd like that, they could have cast someone else, or even recast after Elseworlds. Instead what it sounds like is she signed the contract, and has been miserable ever since, and now her leaving puts the whole show in jeopardy.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    It’s not based around Kate Kane anymore bc she’s leaving. So, new character. Why are you scared of the show being different?
    The early word is they're recasting, so it is still based on Kate Kane. I don't think anyone's scared of doing anything different, rather that recasting even the main character is not unheard of in television so there's no real reason at this point to imagine them needing to move on to something different in the first place.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El