Page 10 of 233 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Last Saturday, Meagan Tandy posted this IG story:

Screenshot_20190316-013149.jpg

So this is why she (and likely Rose as well) were not on social media in person all of last week. Tandy and other members of the cast and crew have had their phones on set before, so this raises the question of what she was filming last week that warranted phone confiscation.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I'm happy to find out when I watch the pilot. I think it's really good that they are keeping things so under wraps.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    I'm happy to find out when I watch the pilot. I think it's really good that they are keeping things so under wraps.
    I do too, frustrating as it is. But this was an exceptional case implying a very high degree of secrecy.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Dakota Daulby cast in unknown role:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvDcELgBkNP/

I'm guessing Simon Samuels. Maybe Evan Blake.
    Cheshire Cat

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8712204...=nm_flmg_act_1

Happy 33rd birthday to Ruby Rose! Here's a Twitter thread cataloguing some IG stories from an early celebration held for her and Elizabeth Lail last weekend:

https://twitter.com/Red_RSkarsten/st...16129510744066

I wonder how much the pilot episode will stay true to the Elegy comic, and how much it will stay true to the CW Pilot tropes.

My predictions from what I've seen of the other pilots:

1.) Childhood flashbacks - comic and pilot. Also Flash and Supergirl (can't remember the Arrow pilot). An absolute must anyway.

2.) One or more family and/or friend in on the superhero identity - comic and pilot. Same with Flash and Supergirl shows. Looks like it might start with Luke instead of Jake though.

3.) Abs - pilot. I don't recall this being in Elegy, but I haven't read it in years. Arrow definitely did this, Flash did this and made a joke about it, and even Supergirl did this.

4.) Less than great early test suit - comic and pilot. I'd say yes, because Batwoman starts in combat gear in Elegy before heading overseas to train, and doesn't get her Batsuit until she returns home. Flash and Supergirl also had this, although Supergirl mostly had a montage of trying different ones on.

That's all that comes to mind for the moment, I probably missed a whole lot.

Ultimate Member

I mean in the comics Jacob Kane was in on Kate's vigilantism from the beginning. So if anything, that'd actually make sense on the show. It's just a matter of WHO is in on it. And given that Luke has his own superhero moniker in the comics, I could see them gradually building up to him becoming Batwing on the show as well.

It's Ruby Rose, I'd be more than happy to see her abs as much as possible.

2.) One or more family and/or friend in on the superhero identity - comic and pilot. Same with Flash and Supergirl shows. Looks like it might start with Luke instead of Jake though.
    The auditions indicate Mary also becomes aware.

3.) Abs - pilot. I don't recall this being in Elegy, but I haven't read it in years.
    Catherine mentions that Kate has lost weight when she returns from her training, but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    And given that Luke has his own superhero moniker in the comics, I could see them gradually building up to him becoming Batwing on the show as well.
    It might be as early as the pilot, since IMDB credits Johnson as Batwing.

----

Some news: as of the end of today, Kang, Johnson, and Tandy have all wrapped.

It's Ruby Rose, I'd be more than happy to see her abs as much as possible.
    Yes, non-superpowered superheroes need a bit of muscle-tone to be believable - at least as much as superheroes can be believable.

I mean in the comics Jacob Kane was in on Kate's vigilantism from the beginning. So if anything, that'd actually make sense on the show. It's just a matter of WHO is in on it. And given that Luke has his own superhero moniker in the comics, I could see them gradually building up to him becoming Batwing on the show as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    It might be as early as the pilot, since IMDB credits Johnson as Batwing.
    Too soon.

Usually you establish the main hero long before you start introducing allies and sidekicks. She needs to be established as capable on her own before she starts getting field assistance.

It was a while before Supergirl started getting on field assistance from Martian Manhunter, absolutely did not happen in the pilot. Flash didn't properly get on field support until season 3.

In Elegy Batwoman is established as a lone vigilante with tech support. It is some time before Bette figures things out and decides to join her.
    Luke and Mary will be tech/med support, for the pilot, and probably for at least the first half of season 1. Wouldn't expect them to suit up before then, and frankly would prefer they don't jump in too quickly, so it has more impact when they finally do.

Here is a new 'interview' type piece from the lead actor:

https://twitter.com/BatwomanBR/statu...19884493324288
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 03-21-2019 at 09:18 PM.

I figured out that one of the movies being shown at the "Gotham City Movie in the Park" is the 1920 version of "The Mark of Zorro", the movie the Waynes were watching just before their murder.

https://twitter.com/TalkingBatwoman/...08597014532096

Aqeel Ash-Shakoor and Eric Johnson have been added to the cast. No roles known yet.

For some reason I thought filming was finishing on the 25th (can't remember where I saw that), but apparently it's continuing until the 31st. https://twitter.com/BatwomanBR/statu...30354969559040

So Ruby Rose, Dougray Scott, Rachel Skarston, and Elizabeth Anweis are still filming, I think.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 03-25-2019 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Forgot someone on the list of actors.

I'm very happy to see Batwoman getting her own series. Especially as Arrow is ending soon.