Page 100 of 233 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

We now know what Bruce Wayne looks like! WHAT! WHAT!
    Assassinate Putin!

Mighty Member

I assumed the writers on the show couldn't touch introducing Bruce due to The Batman movie on the horizon.

Quick article about how they barely got the early finale done:
    https://tvline.com/2020/05/17/batwom...irus-pandemic/

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    We now know what Bruce Wayne looks like! WHAT! WHAT!
    Apparently, he looks just like Carter Bowen from Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I assumed the writers on the show couldn't touch introducing Bruce due to The Batman movie on the horizon.
    I'm not sure that's true anymore. But I think I remember hearing they weren't legally allowed to have BATMAN on TV. I know he appeared in a dream in Titans and VERY briefly at the end of Gotham, but I think those exceptions had to be approved.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'm not sure that's true anymore. But I think I remember hearing they weren't legally allowed to have BATMAN on TV. I know he appeared in a dream in Titans and VERY briefly at the end of Gotham, but I think those exceptions had to be approved.
    I’m really curious if that’s in play for any potential Bat Family appearances.

Amazing Member

Some thoughts out tonight's ep...

Brutal opening with Titan.

I agree with Mary directly appearing as Batwoman in front of Jacob is not the best of ideas Kate.

Frankly if I was Mouse I would've taken off and left Alice...

Batwoman and Jacob teaming up together...yeah this will go sideways...

Julia! Sophie! You are too late to stop this mess from taking place.

And the teamup totally went sideways.

Love Mary and Kate bonding

Yay! A call back to Crisis and the promise between Kate and Kara!

That's what Bruce looks like!?!

Never expected to see a Supervillain created from the rigors and inhumanity of football. Y'know Booster Gold was a former football star too?

Kryptonite is also Batman's only weakness, since it's apparently durable enough to pierce the Batsuit? Huh, guess he and Clark have that in common.

First Post-Crisis acknowledgement of Bruce and Clark's friendship .

It's nice to see Mary doing medical stuff in the Batcave, since that's the most believable role for her on the show (aside from being Kate's sounding board and support as a sister).

So I take it Jacob Kane believes in excessive force even when the suspect seems to be standing down, or when dealing with a non-hostile vigilante. Thank goodness the Batsuit is really bulletproof.

Jacob is going to look back at that time he betrayed and had his officers repeatedly shoot at his daughter and laugh .

So, in the end, Alice did ultimately choose her obsession with her biological family over Mouse, and kills the only person she unequivocally loved. Mouse may have been a violent criminal who didn't feel remorse for his actions, but he deserved better then that. And now Alice has nothing holding her back .

Seriously, I think Kara would totally be fine with Kate getting rid of a small chunk of Kryptonite if it meant Kate's safety. They don't need that immediate a deterrent. I'm guessing Luthor/Leviathan is going to get in the way of Kate getting he permission she needs to destroy it.

So now both the Crows and Alice are after Kryptonite to piece the Batsuit. Who will get it first?

I was expecting Tommy to end up with Bruce's face (except here it wasn't by choice) but on some level I wasn't quite expecting to see what Arrowverse Bruce looks like this soon. Are they going to stick with this guy as their Bruce Wayne moving forward? Will we ever see him in the Batsuit? Is this all for a doppelganger shenanigans? Just a lot of questions raised.

In-depth interview:
    https://ew.com/tv/batwoman-season-1-finale-bruce-wayne/

How has this sudden ending impacted your plan for season 2?

It’s kind of easy to just take the two episodes that we didn’t shoot and roll them into season 2. But at the same time, it’s our responsibility as creators to tee-up season 2, to make it feel like it’s its own thing. We lucked out because the end of the episode is such a cliffhanger and it feels like a season-ending cliffhanger. Obviously we know that that drama is going to play out. But, I mean I’m going to keep some of the elements we’ve already prepped — they take a long time to develop, so I’m really excited about that — and then other things we’re going to shift around dynamics to make it feel like this is a new season [with] new dynamics, new drama.
    Also, seems the Superman/Batwoman crossover is a recent development:

CW President Mark Pedowitz announced that there were talks for a Batwoman and Superman & Lois crossover. What made those the right pairing?

I don’t know because I had heard rumors of it, but hearing it from The CW yesterday was the first time I was like, “Oh, okay, I guess this is happening.” So, I’m just as excited as everyone else and I love working with Todd Helbing, so I’m sure we’ll cook up something really special and you know, our finale touches on Kate and Kara and Kate is obviously very intimately knowledgeable about the Super-mythology. It’ll be interesting for them to work together. I’m obsessed with Lois Lane, so I’m really excited about that.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    There was a version of Bruce Wayne in the Crisis cross-over. I think with the new regime at WB there may be a relaxation in what can and can't be used.
    I think the main problem is that the costumed Batman can't be used on TV by anybody but Fox because Fox bought the TV rights to Batman way back around
    the time that Batman 1966 was airing and refuses to sell them back. Also technically this isn't Bruce Wayne in Batwoman. This is just someone that looks
    like Bruce Wayne. Yeah, I know they could have someone dress up like Batman who isn't Batman. In The Big Bang Theory Howard dressed as Batman for a
    costume party. But that was parody. Not sure they can do that on Batwoman as it it too close to the Batman mythos. And is there much of a point of
    a Batman wanabee on the show?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I think the main problem is that the costumed Batman can't be used on TV by anybody but Fox because Fox bought the TV rights to Batman way back around
    the time that Batman 1966 was airing and refuses to sell them back.
    Since fox is now own by another company,i think this may have change.
    It's like if sony is taken over by another company then the movie or full movie rights for spiderman goes to disney/marvel studios.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-19-2020 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    In-depth interview:
    https://ew.com/tv/batwoman-season-1-finale-bruce-wayne/

Also, seems the Superman/Batwoman crossover is a recent development:
    When your network announces a crossover involving your show and you learn about it secondhand .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When your network announces a crossover involving your show and you learn about it secondhand .
    It wasn't entirely out of left field. The talks had been going on for a while, but nothing had been set until that announcement.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    It wasn't entirely out of left field. The talks had been going on for a while, but nothing had been set until that announcement.
    Yeah, but I guess even the producer hadn't gotten that final confirmation yet .

More interesting interviews:

TVLINE | Your two uncompleted episodes, do think you will keep them intact over the long hiatus? Or might you get restless and tinker…?

When you are a writer and you have time on your hands, you start tinkering and tinkering…. I’m otherwise just sitting around on my iPad reading comic books, so I get a lot of ideas. The one thing writers don’t ever have is time, so when they get it, they think about making changes.

TVLINE | How would you categorize your planned ending for the season, at the end of Episode 22? Would it have been a twist about what was saw in Season 1, or was it a big fat tease for Season 2?

It was a pretty epic cliffhanger, and a huge crisis for the Bat-team. We are still going to use a lot of that, because it’s also a great launch for the season. It works either way.

TVLINE | Will Kara appear on-screen next season, to give Kate her blessing?

I don’t think so. The way that the Supergirl production schedule is laying out, it doesn’t really line up with ours. We’re just going to have to imply it somehow.
    Source: https://tvline.com/2020/05/17/batwom...inale-o-mouse/