Page 101 of 233 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Maybe it's like the Law and Order universe where there are a bunch of people who look alike! Or in the post-Crisis universe, this Carter Bowen looks completely different.
    Assassinate Putin!

It's definitely not the first time the same actor has played two different Arrowverse characters. It's not even the first time on this show.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    It's definitely not the first time the same actor has played two different Arrowverse characters. It's not even the first time on this show.
    Like how Oliver Queen's doctor went on to play somebody in the Time Bureau (and he also voiced Reed Richards in a cartoon) .

In season two, when Sarah was found by that ship, it was called the "Amazo" and run by Dr. Ivo. Then, they did that crossover with Superman and Supergirl where the actual Amazo shows up. So it's not like there is any consistency here.
    Assassinate Putin!

I.....do not know what to say.....I most certainly do not know if I will be able to keep watching. We lost freaking Ruby Rose !

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...ason-2-1295227

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I.....do not know what to say.....I most certainly do not know if I will be able to keep watching. We lost freaking Ruby Rose !

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...ason-2-1295227

Wow...I did not see this coming .

I know the article says it's not due to her injury, but my gut says it is. I hope it's nothing bad, at least, whatever the reason.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I just cannot imagine the show surviving this.

Sure, there have been recasts before in the CW verse, but not the freaking LEAD!

I certainly hope this will be undone, somehow. I mean, it's not impossible right?
    RIGHT?

Well, this is awkward as hell, isn't it?
    Assassinate Putin!

ivybryce

This is a blessing - homegirl could not act. I hope they just recast rather than create another character. They have the plastic surgery angle built into the plot already.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Cancel the show. Don't limp into the second season just because Ruby bailed after renewing for another season.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 05-19-2020 at 04:09 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I just cannot imagine the show surviving this.

Sure, there have been recasts before in the CW verse, but not the freaking LEAD!

I certainly hope this will be undone, somehow. I mean, it's not impossible right?
    RIGHT?
    Well do you transition into Batwing??? Since Luke is on that show?

A couple of writers and people BTS have been posting shady comments about this, some don't even work for Batwoman. So, I'm confused about how deep of an issue this is.

Also, shocking since Ruby was pretty recently excited about coming back.

BANNED

I dnt watch the show, but if it's good it can survive recasting the lead. Same character, new actress, great story.

If the show isn't good, there's no point in pretending one actress redeemed it.

Amazing Member

I am truly shocked by this news. I thought Ruby was doing a fantastic job of growing into the character of Kate Kane. I hope her decision to not return wasn't due to the constant bullying and vitriol that was thrown her and the shows way by certain segments of the internet.

I do speculate along with Caivu that it might be because of the serious injury that she received during filming.

I hope the show continues with a new lead actress but Wow! I wasn't expecting this.