Page 102 of 233 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I.....do not know what to say.....I most certainly do not know if I will be able to keep watching. We lost freaking Ruby Rose !

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...ason-2-1295227

Is it sad that I'm not too sad about this?

Quote Originally Posted by ivybryce View Post
    This is a blessing - homegirl could not act. I hope they just recast rather than create another character. They have the plastic surgery angle built into the plot already.
    I haven't seen the show yet, since I plan to binge it on Blu-Ray, but I thought she was just fine in the Elseworlds crossover where she first appeared. However, for those of you who saw the Batwoman series, was she a good enough actress to anchor a solo series?

If not, maybe the story of her leaving is just the producers' way of being nice that they fired her. TV actors are typically signed to 7-season contracts (like Stephen Amell and Grant Gustin to name 2 related examples), so it's not so easy to just "decide to leave."

Obviously, no one would force her to continue to work for the next 6 seasons on a series she didn't want to, but there are often negative consequences to an actor who wants to leave a series mid-contract -- see Farrah Fawcett of Charlie's Angels and Sherry Stringfield of ER as two prominent examples.

So, what's the verdict on Rose's acting ability? Was she bad enough that being fired seems possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    It's definitely not the first time the same actor has played two different Arrowverse characters. It's not even the first time on this show.
    And now we have yet another case of two different actors playing the same character in the Arrowverse with Batwoman needing to be recast.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    So, what's the verdict on Rose's acting ability? Was she bad enough that being fired seems possible?
    Not really, no.

Some people not liking her was one thing, but her acting wasn't terrible or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    A couple of writers and people BTS have been posting shady comments about this, some don't even work for Batwoman. So, I'm confused about how deep of an issue this is.
    Who was? I haven't seen anything.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Fantastic Member

I'm sorry to see Rose go but I do think the show can survive without her I just don't know who they can cast. They said they're committed to casting another LGBT actress, but an LGBT actress, the right age that can physically fit the part...kind of a tall order.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    I'm sorry to see Rose go but I do think the show can survive without her I just don't know who they can cast. They said they're committed to casting another LGBT actress, but an LGBT actress, the right age that can physically fit the part...kind of a tall order.
    Seems remarkably easy to me. What is the part that makes it difficult?

There is no good solution for the show at this point but instead of demanding it be an LGBT actress they just need to go with best possible actress available. Its going to very difficult to successfully recast and what little chance it has of working is going to depend on whoever it is absolutely everyone. If that is a lesbian actress then great but its more important to make it work at this point and that is going to require an amazing actress.

For all the shows flaws (some are glaring) it also has done some things well and I'd like to see the show be able to grow some more.
    Last edited by TriggerWarning; 05-19-2020 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ivybryce View Post
    This is a blessing - homegirl could not act. I hope they just recast rather than create another character. They have the plastic surgery angle built into the plot already.
    Nah. Just do the Rhodey from Iron Man 2 bit: "It's me, I'm here, deal with it."

Actually, when Alice meets the new Kate, I just want her to say "My, you're looking different!"

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I know the article says it's not due to her injury, but my gut says it is. I hope it's nothing bad, at least, whatever the reason.
    She got a neck injury, right? I wonder if that was why they changed the costume- the neck piece was too painful or constricting. If it is due to her injury, then I'm sorry to see her go, but I understand she needs to take care of herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    I haven't seen the show yet, since I plan to binge it on Blu-Ray, but I thought she was just fine in the Elseworlds crossover where she first appeared. However, for those of you who saw the Batwoman series, was she a good enough actress to anchor a solo series?
    That may be difficult. The CW may not even release it on blu-ray. After all, they never released Black Lightning on blu-ray, and only season 1 on DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    There is no good solution for the show at this point but instead of demanding it be an LGBT actress they just need to go with best possible actress available. Its going to very difficult to successfully recast and what little chance it has of working is going to depend on considering absolutely everyone. If that is a lesbian actress then great but its more important to make it work at this point and that is going to require an amazing actress.
    For all of the crap they got for casting Ruby, can you imagine the blowback for casting a straight actress as a lesbian character in the lead roll? They have to cast a lesbian actress in the roll.

Recasting a side-character is jarring enough, but the lead role?! >_<

It would almost be better to reboot the entire thing. Pity the multiverse stuff is over with or it could have been explained away with a swap with a Kate from another Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post

It would almost be better to reboot the entire thing. Pity the multiverse stuff is over with or it could have been explained away with a swap with a Kate from another Earth.
    Well...... they could do a soft reboot. Just pretend nothing that happened after Crisis actually happened, maybe even reshoot the scene where Batwoman shows up to see Beebo with the new actress, and go from there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post

Really, was this character's development so uninteresting that people would rather see the character replaced rather than recast? That is pretty damning of the show

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    For all of the crap they got for casting Ruby, can you imagine the blowback for casting a straight actress as a lesbian character in the lead roll? They have to cast a lesbian actress in the roll.
    Only from the die hard LGBT crowd who believe an LGBT actor / actress can play anyone but only an LGBT actor / actress should be allowed to play a gay character. Or the homophobes but who cares about them. Its charisma and acting. Neil Patrick Harris did an amazing job playing a hetero womanizer on How I Met Your Mother. Tatiana Maslany did amazing playing both hetero and lesbian characters on Orphan Black. Eliza Taylor does great on The 100 playing a bi (but mostly lesbian) character on The 100 even though she is straight.

Whoever gets the role is going to have to have tremendous charisma in the role to keep it from failing hard so they have to go with best available.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    Hopefully, they won’t make the tattoos a requirement.

Or here is a real wacko idea that would require some mega comic book shenanigans but might work.

Have Beth be the new Batwoman only have it be alt verse Beth. She didn't actually die a few episodes back and is now back. As her more or less twin she takes up the mantle of Batwoman who is killed or goes missing or something.

Alice as the bad guy is growing tiresome and this would give the actress a new role on the show and it wouldn't feel like such an abrupt transition.

She obviously has zero fighting skills so it would be a ground level up take on Batwoman.