Page 116 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    And yeah. Nobody is being 'robbed' of a chance to play a role that's specifically meant for someone else. They weren't going to get the job anyway.

I mean, good grief, get a job playing one of the 23,874 straight characters on TV. We're far from a dying demographic.
    Translation: I probably got treated unfairly by my neighbor, so I'm gonna rob someone else because I guess he/she is rich.

Do you even know how difficult it is for 95% of the actors to get a role, regardless of gender or sexuality or whatever?

Also do you know that your logic is the perfect for those ppl to block LGBTs for straight roles? "Nobody is being 'robbed' of a chance to play a role that's specifically meant for someone else." THIS is why never use specialty to fight for equality. If your goal really is equality.

That's why this argument is keep getting worse.

Because EVERY EXCUSE ppl could find here can be used for those major studio to block LGBT for straight roles, you know why? Because it's basically the same thing: Specialty by taking away others' rights.

And simply because a social group is getting the upperhand overall doesn't mean everyone of them are having higher social status, nor is it ever a reason to take their rights away. It's basic human rights.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    That's why this argument is keep getting worse.
    It keeps getting worse because you want to keep this going and not end it when it's clearly going in circles. Agree to disagree and move on.

Previous actress made a short statement: https://tvline.com/2020/05/27/ruby-r...lained-recast/

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Telling a discriminated group how they need to fight for equality is lulz worthy to me.
    Agreed. It's 50% funny, 50% mildly infuriating.

Then push it for equality, not doing the opposite.
    *sigh*
    You just don't get it. I've explained to you, very clearly, how your 'quest' for equality is inherently flawed because you're trying to start it from unequal footing, and yet you continue to expected the burden of 'true equality' to come from those discriminated against, rather than the majority. Which can be seen as having an insidious intent to maintain the status quo with hand wringing, and "but but but, equality."

In my life, in my experience, I find those crying loudest about 'but but but, equality' are the very same who happily turned a blind eye when the deck was heavily stacked the other way. If you only care about equality when the majority has something to lose, then you don't REALLY care about equality. More clinging onto power. At best you're not trying to educate yourself... at worst, you're being intentionally obtuse. You don't get it. End of.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 05-28-2020 at 05:26 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post

*sigh*
    You just don't get it. I've explained to you, very clearly, how your 'quest' for equality is inherently flawed because you're trying to start it from unequal footing, and yet you continue to expected the burden of 'true equality' to come from those discriminated against, rather than the majority. Which can be seen as having an insidious intent to maintain the status quo with hand wringing, and "but but but, equality."

In my life, in my experience, I find those crying loudest about 'but but but, equality' are the very same who happily turned a blind eye when the deck was heavily stacked the other way. If you only care about equality when the majority has something to lose, then you don't REALLY care about equality. More clinging onto power. At best you're not trying to educate yourself... at worst, you're being intentionally obtuse. You don't get it. End of.
    Nobody is stopping you to correct the inequality, to ask those ppl to open all the roles FAIRLY for ppl regardless of their sexuality. But what you are calling for is more inequality. It's trying to make the mess worse.

You are simply saying that Black Panther is insidious and Killmonger is the right one to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Agreed. It's 50% funny, 50% mildly infuriating.

*sigh*

This right here. The discriminated don't have the luxury of playing by the same rules as the majority. It's why black and hispanic communities always encourage to start their own businesses, media, and other avenues because those opportunities don't always get afforded to us. Eventually there will be enough of us in positions of influence where it would be foolish to pass us over. Can't expect people to play fair when the deck is always stacked against you.

You are simply saying that Black Panther is insidious and Killmonger is the right one to follow.
    Technically Killmonger was the right one to follow. He's a villain because he went about a destructive and selfish means of obtaining his goals. By the end of that film Black Panther going on to accomplish Killmonger's goal without needing to start a global war to make it happen.

This right here. The discriminated don't have the luxury of playing by the same rules as the majority. It's why black and hispanic communities always encourage to start their own businesses, media, and other avenues because those opportunities don't always get afforded to us. Eventually there will be enough of us in positions of influence where it would be foolish to pass us over. Can't expect people to play fair when the deck is always stacked against you.
    Wrong, the majority, regardless of their sexuality, got little chance to get any roles. Many of them also don't oppose equality at all. It's basically saying "all men/white/American are rich and we can rob them because we are the discriminated", terrorism also started from here.

Trying to create specialty simply destroy yourself from basics, because you agreed with the same specialty just switching sides. That's more destructive than a few roles if you truly want equality.

Technically Killmonger was the right one to follow. He's a villain because he went about a destructive and selfish means of obtaining his goals. By the end of that film Black Panther going on to accomplish Killmonger's goal without needing to start a global war to make it happen.
    No, Black Panther opened Wakanda to the world, he got ZERO intention to start violence in the world, bad try here.

You are simply supporting terrorism here.

No, Black Panther opened Wakanda to the world, he got ZERO intention to start violence in the world, bad try here.

You are simply supporting terrorism here.
    I have to question if you understood the themes of Black Panther if that;s all you got out of it.

I have to question if you understood the themes of Black Panther if that;s all you got out of it.
    You seem to have problem to understand it.

It's about Wakanda opening up to help ppl, it's firmly against black ppl to use the same violence and try to dominate the whites.

Actors should not be blocked for the role regardless of their sexuality.

This is the basic human rights for actors, if you break it yourself and firmly support it, then why should anyone support you to point at others?

This is the basic human rights for actors,
    I've been trying reaaaaaaaally hard not to poke the bear here, and I'll probably regret this, so I'm just going to walk away from this conversation after saying this as I already know 100% it isn't going to go anywhere.

Getting an acting job isn't a basic human right. Heck, getting any job isn't a basic human right. You have the right to work. Where that work comes from and in what field is not a right. No job is required to hire you.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Getting an acting job isn't a basic human right. Heck, getting any job isn't a basic human right. You have the right to work. Where that work comes from and in what field is not a right. No job is required to hire you.
    Indeed, all the straight roles should use this to say NO to LGBT actors. And stop saying LGBT actors are discriminated because of it.

See? All the excuse you can find here can be used to fire back and make the situation worse. That's why never fight for equality with specialty.