Page 117 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    But what you are calling for is more inequality. It's trying to make the mess worse.
    No, I'm balancing the scales. As I explained, if you ONLY starting putting 2kg on the left and 2kg on the right, the scales will never be balanced because they'd have decades of the left gaining 3kg vs the rights 1kg. Your "ideology" ignores reality. Your "ideology" will never bring true balance. It's just... so uninformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This right here. The discriminated don't have the luxury of playing by the same rules as the majority. It's why black and hispanic communities always encourage to start their own businesses, media, and other avenues because those opportunities don't always get afforded to us. Eventually there will be enough of us in positions of influence where it would be foolish to pass us over. Can't expect people to play fair when the deck is always stacked against you.
    THIS!!! 100% We have to play fair while those in power continue to not? It's absurd.

Wrong, the majority, regardless of their sexuality, got little chance to get any roles.
    As with all privilege, you fail to understand it's even harder for the minority. Are acting roles hard to come by for everyone? Absolutely. Are they even harder to come by for LGBT+ actors, for non-Caucasian actors, for women... ABSOLUTELY. And you don't seem to understand that. Or don't care.

Actors should not be blocked for the role regardless of their sexuality.
    But they are... it's just the ones being blocked are LGBT+, non-Caucasian and female.

This is the basic human rights for actors, if you break it yourself and firmly support it, then why should anyone support you to point at others?
    Acting is not a basic human right, nor is getting to audition for any role they want. You really don't know anything about this industry or how it works. I've never had the opportunity to audition for an MCU film. It's not a basic human right that I get to, and the fact I'm denied said opportunity... where's your outrage? Where's your outrage for the LGBT+ actors denied roles? When studios won't consider an LGBT+ actor for Spiderman. For Captain America. For Batman. Where is your outrage then?

Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 05-28-2020 at 01:19 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Ultimate Member

Indeed, all the straight roles should use this to say NO to LGBT actors. And stop saying LGBT actors are discriminated because of it.

See? All the excuse you can find here can be used to fire back and make the situation worse. That's why never fight for equality with specialty.
    You really need to stop TROLLING. Seriously.

Now when most shows and movies are doing CASTING calls-most of the roles are somewhat set in who they want.
    That is why most casting sheets will list what type of person they want for the role.

While others will talk in general while excluding a race or gender.
    MOST actors and actresses will target the latter one versus the first one.

Because if you say I want for the role of Al Bundy-a 50-60 year old white male-you will get Ed O'Neil and a lot of guys like him.
    Now if yo said I want Al Bundy-a 50-60 year old man-you will get Ed O'Neil, Andy Serkis, Michael Richards, Forrest Whittaker, Edward James Olmos and a more diverse crowd.

Now there are cases when some one of color or sexual orientation or gender shows up to that white male only casting. Because they want to try for the heck of it.
    Guess what happens-they impress the casting director so much-they WIN the role.

The late Lee Thompson Young-his most famous role-Famous Jett Jackson was originally WHITE.
    Arjay Smith the majority of his roles were meant for white males. See The Journey of Allen Strange.
    Wesley Jonathan-Gary was suppose to be a white male in the mold of Tony hawk on What I Like About You.
    Duke Hill-Charlie on The West Wing.
    In all those case they were the ONLY POC to try out for those roles.

What is wrong with a LGBTQ person playing or trying out for a straight role?

Van Johnson-one of the top box office stars in Hollywood was LGBTQ and played MANY straight roles.
    As did Neil Patrick Harris and David Yost. You know Doogier Howser and Billy of Power Rangers fame.

And yes actors have been blocked for their sexuality, gender and race.

It happens for various reasons and sometimes it's BEYOND the control of the casting director.

Marlon Wayans was hired to be ROBIN in Batman Returns. The STUDIO said NO after he signed a contract that PAID him for Batman Returns and what would become Batman Forever. And there is a costume. The studio FEARED a negative reaction to a black Robin. That was the 90s.

Tommy Kirk saw his career END because he was gay. Tommy played MANY straight roles for DISNEY. It took Walt Disney putting his foot down to get Tommy hired back to do one more Merlin Jones project-because it was a money maker.

Indeed, all the straight roles should use this to say NO to LGBT actors.
    Let ONE casting Director say that and that casting director would be out of work.

No one working on that show or movie should ever let that happen. Because you never know who might be good for another role somewhere else.

Rico Ross tried out for the role of Hudson in Aliens. He lsot out to that role and was offered another. Decline to star in another movie. James Cameron created the character Frost for him in Aliens.
    Arjay Smith tried out of the lead in USA's Suits in the role that Patrick Adams played. It got him a lead role on TNT's Perception later on. A role meant for a white guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    No, I'm balancing the scales. As I explained, if you ONLY starting putting 2kg on the left and 2kg on the right, the scales will never be balanced because they'd have decades of the left gaining 3kg vs the rights 1kg. Your "ideology" ignores reality. Your "ideology" will never bring true balance. It's just... so uninformed.
    Translation: Black ppl are being treated unfairly, I'm gonna shoot white ppl randomly to balance the situation.

Reality: It will only push more ppl to your opposite side and break your basic ground to defend any of your point.

As with all privilege, you fail to understand it's even harder for the minority. Are acting roles hard to come by for everyone? Absolutely. Are they even harder to come by for LGBT+ actors, for non-Caucasian actors, for women... ABSOLUTELY. And you don't seem to understand that. Or don't care.
    And bringing up specialty makes situation worse. Especially after you are doing the same thing just switching sides.

You are not doing anything to support equality, but making all the excuses for specialty.

But they are... it's just the ones being blocked are LGBT+, non-Caucasian and female.
    Then fight against it instead of joining them to do the same thing. Isn't it basic logic?

You simply agreed with inequality and push for it, it destroyed any basic reason from the core.

Acting is not a basic human right, nor is getting to audition for any role they want. You really don't know anything about this industry or how it works. I've never had the opportunity to audition for an MCU film. It's not a basic human right that I get to, and the fact I'm denied said opportunity... where's your outrage?
    Good, then shouldn't you stop pointing at the major studio and blaming them for not picking LGBT actors. Nor is it discriminating anyone.

Where's your outrage for the LGBT+ actors denied roles? When studios won't consider an LGBT+ actor for Spiderman. For Captain America. For Batman. Where is your outrage then?
    Bad logic, you never see my reaction. And a person cannot stop LGBT ppl killing others unless they have stopped straight baddies first? Really?

And you are simply giving them reason to do so by making excuses for inequality and trying to drive more ppl aside by rob out their chances. Do you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You really need to stop TROLLING. Seriously.

Now when most shows and movies are doing CASTING calls-most of the roles are somewhat set in who they want.
    That is why most casting sheets will list what type of person they want for the role.

While others will talk in general while excluding a race or gender.
    MOST actors and actresses will target the latter one versus the first one.

Because if you say I want for the role of Al Bundy-a 50-60 year old white male-you will get Ed O'Neil and a lot of guys like him.
    Now if yo said I want Al Bundy-a 50-60 year old man-you will get Ed O'Neil, Andy Serkis, Michael Richards, Forrest Whittaker, Edward James Olmos and a more diverse crowd.

Now there are cases when some one of color or sexual orientation or gender shows up to that white male only casting. Because they want to try for the heck of it.
    Guess what happens-they impress the casting director so much-they WIN the role.

The late Lee Thompson Young-his most famous role-Famous Jett Jackson was originally WHITE.
    Arjay Smith the majority of his roles were meant for white males. See The Journey of Allen Strange.
    Wesley Jonathan-Gary was suppose to be a white male in the mold of Tony hawk on What I Like About You.
    Duke Hill-Charlie on The West Wing.
    In all those case they were the ONLY POC to try out for those roles.

What is wrong with a LGBTQ person playing or trying out for a straight role?

Van Johnson-one of the top box office stars in Hollywood was LGBTQ and played MANY straight roles.
    As did Neil Patrick Harris and David Yost. You know Doogier Howser and Billy of Power Rangers fame.

And yes actors have been blocked for their sexuality, gender and race.

It happens for various reasons and sometimes it's BEYOND the control of the casting director.

Marlon Wayans was hired to be ROBIN in Batman Returns. The STUDIO said NO after he signed a contract that PAID him for Batman Returns and what would become Batman Forever. And there is a costume. The studio FEARED a negative reaction to a black Robin. That was the 90s.

Tommy Kirk saw his career END because he was gay. Tommy played MANY straight roles for DISNEY. It took Walt Disney putting his foot down to get Tommy hired back to do one more Merlin Jones project-because it was a money maker.

Stop trolling here, have you even read my post?

I'm NOT supporting any inequality, I'm even a follower of David Yost and have talked with him. I'm totally against blocking any actors from the roles simply because of their real life sexuality.

That's why I'm against the case here, simple.

Let ONE casting Director say that and that casting director would be out of work.

No one working on that show or movie should ever let that happen. Because you never know who might be good for another role somewhere else.

Rico Ross tried out for the role of Hudson in Aliens. He lsot out to that role and was offered another. Decline to star in another movie. James Cameron created the character Frost for him in Aliens.
    Arjay Smith tried out of the lead in USA's Suits in the role that Patrick Adams played. It got him a lead role on TNT's Perception later on. A role meant for a white guy.
    True, then it's the same when you block straight actors from LGBT roles, do you get it?

Translation: Black ppl are being treated unfairly, I'm gonna shoot white ppl randomly to balance the situation.
    Reality: It will only push more ppl to your opposite side and break your basic ground to defend any of your point.
    And bringing up specialty makes situation worse. Especially after you are doing the same thing just switching sides.
    You are not doing anything to support equality, but making all the excuses for specialty.
    Then fight against it instead of joining them to do the same thing. Isn't it basic logic?
    You simply agreed with inequality and push for it, it destroyed any basic reason from the core.
    Good, then shouldn't you stop pointing at the major studio and blaming them for not picking LGBT actors. Nor is it discriminating anyone.
    Bad logic, you never see my reaction. And a person cannot stop LGBT ppl killing others unless they have stopped straight baddies first? Really?
    And you are simply giving them reason to do so by making excuses for inequality and trying to drive more ppl aside by rob out their chances. Do you get it?
    My last attempt is a maths lesson...
    You have column A. In column A you add 3 every day for a week.
    You have column B. In column B you add 1 every day for a week.
    After the seven days you equally add 2 to both column A and B for a second week.

At what point does column B become equal in number to column A?

You won't be able to answer it, and we all know why...
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

After the seven days you equally add 2 to both column A and B for a second week.

For the last time: Things don't work like this, both straight ppl and LGBTs are made of different ppl as well. When you try to summarize so many ppl as a whole, it's a VERY DANGEROUS sign. As it has happened many times in history.

And do you even realize that your "add X" is WRONG, so adding more is not going to balance anything, but making the situation even more intense and more dangerously, help justify the action itself. Just like shooting randomly at white ppl is not going to help black ppl at all.

BANNED

There are people who will never understand logic, or give up on advancing...unfortunate viewpoints. My advice would be to stop engaging such people.

For the last time: Things don't work like this, both straight ppl and LGBTs are made of different ppl as well. When you try to summarize so many ppl as a whole, it's a VERY DANGEROUS sign. As it has happened many times in history.
    And do you even realize that your "add X" is WRONG, so adding more is not going to balance anything, but making the situation even more intense and more dangerously, help justify the action itself. Just like shooting randomly at white ppl is not going to help black ppl at all.
    Its simple maths. The answer is: column B will never amount to the number in column A, no matter how evenly you distribute the latter amounts. So if your goal is to find equilibrium, insisting the only course of action is to evenly distribute the second 7 days... is just really bad maths.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesonAnders View Post
    There are people who will never understand logic, or give up on advancing...unfortunate viewpoints. My advice would be to stop engaging such people.
    But I was having so much fun The reality is there are a lot of insidious views, and ulterior motives disguised as noble intentions in this world. Trying to continue the oppressive status quo in the disguise of caring about equality... I just really wanted to hit home to all the OTHER posters reading this (not just those postings, but those who read and never post), how utterly transparent this subterfuge is... and how we must never tolerate it.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 05-28-2020 at 04:08 PM.

BANNED

... I just really wanted to hit home to all the OTHER posters reading this, how utterly transparent this subterfuge is...
    You've accomplished that

You've accomplished that
    Thank-you. Then I shall depart...

Its simple maths. The answer is: column B will never amount to the number in column A, no matter how evenly you distribute the latter amounts.

Adding it is wrong itself. Do you even get it at all? Without realize this, the situation is not going to get solved.

So if your goal is to find equilibrium, insisting the only course of action is to evenly distribute the second 7 days... is just really bad maths.
    Do you even realize what you are saying? You are justifying the action itself.

It's pretty much all terrorists' logic: "They are richer than us and treating us badly, we are gonna kill their ppl for equilibrium."

Actually, you are helping these ppl to advance by agreeing and even supporting their unfair treatment.

DO you even get it?

So anyway! If you could go back and make some changes/improvements to the show, what would you choose?

Personally, if I had to keep Alice in, I'd make her more of a big deal. She doesn't show up often, but when she does, she's portrayed as a real threat to Kate, like how the Dark Archer was to Oliver in Season 1 and Kate figuring out they're sisters would be more towards the middle of the season, rather than at the start.

I figure this is more sensible than having Kate constantly let her go all season.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    So anyway! If you could go back and make some changes/improvements to the show, what would you choose?

Personally, if I had to keep Alice in, I'd make her more of a big deal. She doesn't show up often, but when she does, she's portrayed as a real threat to Kate, like how the Dark Archer was to Oliver in Season 1 and Kate figuring out they're sisters would be more towards the middle of the season, rather than at the start.

I figure this is more sensible than having Kate constantly let her go all season.
    I assume the plan was to either kill off or at least take care of Alice for a while by the end of the season. I mean, locking her in Arkham obviously doesn't seem effective at this point so I feel like there will have to be a development to let her take a backseat since Sofiyah is going to be the next Big Bad.

I think Jacob could definitely get knocked down a peg and get over his vigilante hate. Not sure how I feel about the Crows as a whole since they're basically just the GCPD without being the GCPD.

Kate could use a good love interest who is A. not a criminal and B. not Sophie.

Yeah, I've just ignored that whole argument. Mostly because the producers have stated that they are looking for an LGBTQ actress to take the roll, so the whole argument is moot.

I feel like the Crows should go away next season. If anything, it should be the GCPD taking a hard line against Batwoman, maybe with a crooked Commissioner. Then have something happen to get her on the good side of the GCPD, and by the end of the season introduce a new Commissioner who will work with her. Hell, if they can, take a page out of Batman Beyond and make the new Commish Barbara Gordon.