Page 12 of 233 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    According to early buzz, Batwoman is considered "a lock" and "already has a writing staff in place":

https://deadline.com/2019/04/pilots-...on-1202596572/

Of course its a lock. No way the CW would pass up a Lesbian Superhero show.

Looking forward to seeing Kate in her own series.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Damn. He would be perfect for the role
    I can't believe I missed that!

It would be cool to see Vic Sage/Question for:

1. It would be an awesome way to honor Steve Ditko

2. I would love to see the live action version of how the Question enter buildings. Apologizes to those who don't get the reference.

Here is an article about the set design:

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2019/05/s...-cws-batwoman/

I'm not sure about the tree= nature = feminine thing, but whatever. In Elegy when she first tries on her suit, it is on a mannequin in front of a giant tree, so fair enough.
    Also, personally I've never viewed the red on Batwoman's suit as her wearing a stop sign, lol. Sorry, but I found that bit in the article amusing, each to their own interpretation though.

So, just to be picky, looking through my copy of Elegy now, and the quote in the comics is: "Red and black...Gevurah, The Pillar of Severity...The colors of War."
    I know that tv and comics can be, and usually are, different interpretations. But "colors of war" is just so much cooler than "stop sign".

Well, that's my thoughts on the article.

Here is an article about the set design:

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2019/05/s...-cws-batwoman/

I'm not sure about the tree= nature = feminine thing, but whatever. In Elegy when she first tries on her suit, it is on a mannequin in front of a giant tree, so fair enough.
    Also, personally I've never viewed the red on Batwoman's suit as her wearing a stop sign, lol. Sorry, but I found that bit in the article amusing, each to their own interpretation though.

So, just to be picky, looking through my copy of Elegy now, and the quote in the comics is: "Red and black...Gevurah, The Pillar of Severity...The colors of War."
    I know that tv and comics can be, and usually are, different interpretations. But "colors of war" is just so much cooler than "stop sign".

Well, that's my thoughts on the article.
    Yeah, Soper is kinda out there, especially since the things she's describing already have meanings in the source material, and better ones at that (incidentally, the tree is a symbol of Kabbalah; there's a poster of the sefirot in her apartment, and her suit stand is shaped like it as well. Plus, her suit colors). The whole tree thing is especially a bunch of crap; Kate's not into the whole mystical feminine thing or whatever that Soper seems to be implying. Not a bad element for a character in general, but it's not Kate; she's not into that hippy woo kinda stuff (in the sense that she lives by it).

On another note, I laid out a rough outline of the pilot on the show's subreddit here, and another user who claims to have seen the pilot as part of a focus group says "it seems to be pretty close." Make of that what you will.
    Last edited by Caivu; 05-01-2019 at 11:50 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Yeah, Soper is kinda out there, especially since the things she's describing already have meanings in the source material, and better ones at that. The whole tree thing is especially a bunch of crap; Kate's not into the whole mystical feminine thing or whatever that Soper seems to be implying. Not a bad element for a character in general, but it's not Kate; she's not into that hippy woo kinda stuff.
    True, I'm not sure where all the tree stuff is coming from. I know in the comics Kate's home is literally wrapped around a tree, but that doesn't necessarily mean she is obsessed with trees. In Elseworlds they gave her a tree tattoo too, though that could be reference to the Tree of Life. Or just something to cover-up up the actresses's Teenage-Turtles, Astro-boy etc tattoos.

Those behind-the-scenes shots had her on a motorcycle and wearing a leather jacket though - so it's safe to say they haven't turned Kate into a hippy. And on that note, since the actress can sing and play guitar, and from the comics we know Kate was into guitar at some point in the past - I wonder if there will be a guitar lying around the apartment somewhere.

Not directly relevant, but on re-watching Elseworlds I noticed the location where they fight Amazo (in Central City), is the same spot they used for filming in the Batwoman pilot, only of course in the pilot it's in Gotham (Vancouver art gallery). I don't usually notice when locations are re-used. But because I'm excited for the Batwoman series I've been paying more attention to behind-scenes stuff than I normally do.

On another note, I laid out a rough outline of the pilot on the show's subreddit here, and another user who claims to have seen the pilot as part of a focus group says "it seems to be pretty close." Make of that what you will.
    Ehh, if there were no NDAs I would have expected all kinds of stuff to be spoiled by now, plus if the cast and crew had their phones confiscated at times during filming - well it just doesn't fit.

Rumors are the CW has already ordered Batwoman to series:
    https://twitter.com/SpoilerTV/status...73309284216837

It's not an official announcement though, so.

That's what, the fifth unofficial confirmation? I like that there's at least consistency in the rumors, though.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

That's what, the fifth unofficial confirmation? I like that there's at least consistency in the rumors, though.
    Well, that in combination with one of the cast members being very excited about something, I'm quite confident the series will go ahead.
    https://twitter.com/CamrusJ/status/1123796207636242432

I wanna see a trailer now, I wonder how long it typically takes trailers to come out after official confirmations?

Well, that in combination with one of the cast members being very excited about something, I'm quite confident the series will go ahead.
    https://twitter.com/CamrusJ/status/1123796207636242432
    Sure, but there have been several of these unofficial confirmations now, and it's just getting a little repetitive, especially sense it's so virtually certain.

I wanna see a trailer now, I wonder how long it typically takes trailers to come out after official confirmations?
    Based on the production of the Arrow pilot, I figured this trailer will drop around May 16th or 17th.
    Last edited by Caivu; 05-04-2019 at 01:35 AM.

And yes, the series order is now official!
    Last edited by Caivu; 05-07-2019 at 05:41 PM.

Did they redesign the cape?

Did they redesign the cape?
    Maybe just for the teaser? It seems artistically long here.

Hm, yeah, too long and you'd think the actress and stunt-double would keep tripping over.
    Looks awesome in the teaser though. Can't wait for a real trailer.

That is a cape that would make Spawn envious.

OK, we now have the OFFICIAL confirmation that Batwoman, as well as Katy Keene and Nancy Drew, have moved past the pilot stage and have been ordered to series.

However, given that The CW has renewed all of its scripted shows from this season, where are they gonna find the room for these 3? I guess it'll have to be like iZombie which had premiered each season after most of the other shows were done.

The fact that Arrow is coming back for a shorter, final season may mean that we'll be seeing Batwoman sooner than later, hopefully -- maybe it'll be able to debut in January.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/bat...off-1203208388

Quote Originally Posted by Variety.com
    The CW has picked up three of its pilots to series.

“Batwoman,” “Katy Keene,” and “Nancy Drew” have all been ordered for the 2019-2020 season. In addition, an individual with knowledge of the situation said that “Jane the Novela,” a spinoff of sorts of hit CW series “Jane the Virgin,” will not move forward at the broadcaster. The pilot for the series adaptation of “The Lost Boys” will be re-shot off cycle. “Glamorous,” about a gender non-conforming high school student, may still be in contention.

“Batwoman” is based on the DC Comics character of the same name. Armed with a passion for social justice and a flair for speaking her mind, Kate Kane (Ruby Rose) soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman, an out lesbian and highly trained street fighter primed to snuff out the failing city’s criminal resurgence.

Caroline Dries is the writer and executive producer on “Batwoman,” with Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, Geoff Johns, and David Nutter also executive producing. Marcos Siega directed the pilot and is an executive producer. Berlanti Productions will produce in association with Warner Bros. Television.

“Katy Keene,” a spinoff of “Riverdale” also based on the Archie Comics character, follows aspiring fashion designer Katy Keene (Lucy Hale), who meets Josie McCoy (Ashleigh Murray), fresh off the bus to chase her musical dreams. Their world is populated with kindred-spirit starving artists, including mysterious socialite Pepper Smith (Julia Chan) and Broadway-bound performer Jorge Lopez – and his drag queen alter ego, Ginger (Jonny Beauchamp).

Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa — chief creative officer of Archie Comics — and Michael Grassi will write and executive produce “Katy Keene.” Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, and Jon Goldwater — Archie Comics CEO and Publisher — will executive produce. Maggie Kiley directed the pilot and will executive produce. Berlanti Productions will produce in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios.

As Variety previously reported, both “Batwoman” and “Katy Keene” were considered locks for series orders early on in the pilot process, particularly given that both shows hail from Berlanti Productions. Berlanti currently has seven shows on The CW alone, with these two pick ups bringing that to nine.

“Nancy Drew” is set in the summer after Nancy’s (Kennedy McMann) high school graduation. She thought she’d be leaving her hometown for college, but when a family tragedy holds her back another year, she finds herself embroiled in a ghostly murder investigation, and along the way, uncovers secrets that run deeper than she ever imagined.

Noga Landau, Melinda Hsu Taylor, Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage are writers and executive producers on “Nancy Drew.” Lis Rowinski will executive produce. Larry Teng directed the pilot and will co-executive produce. CBS Television Studios will produce in association with Fake Empire.

The CW previously renewed its entire scripted lineup, including all five of its freshman shows.