Page 127 of 233 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    IOW, there's no reason we can't have a new Kate instead of a new character,
    I agree. But there's equally no reason for this...

Ruby wasn't embedded into the consciousnesses of the American people as Batwoman.
    ...to be a reason for the producers to not want to respect her or her role.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I agree. But there's equally no reason for this...

...to be a reason for the producers to not want to respect her or her role.
    Because it's a silly reason. How does getting a different actress to play Kate for Season 2 disrespecting Ruby? Does that mean they would have to find different characters to play the title roles for a Batman, Superman, or Wonder Woman TV show or movie if the actors left those projects? Frankly, if there's any disrespect here, it's for Kate Kane.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Because it's a silly reason. How does getting a different actress to play Kate for Season 2 disrespecting Ruby?
    Because it can be interpreted as "this actor's replaceable, they weren't important, their contribution to the character didn't matter, etc." I'm not saying I agree with that, nor that anyone involved would take it that way. But it could be. There's no way that was the only metric considered, but it's a valid thing for them to have taken into account.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Because it can be interpreted as "this actor's replaceable, they weren't important, their contribution to the character didn't matter, etc." I'm not saying I agree with that, nor that anyone involved would take it that way. But it could be. There's no way that was the only metric considered, but it's a valid thing for them to have taken into account.
    I might agree with this if she had been dumped by the producers, but Ruby is the one jumping ship here after Season 1. In that case, yes, she's replaceable. It doesn't matter if we were talking about Meryl Streep instead, either.

I might agree with this if she had been dumped by the producers, but Ruby is the one jumping ship here after Season 1.
    Well, she was sort of dropped; her decision to leave wasn't entirely her own, nor was it frivolous.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

That is the business they are in. Actors come and go. Ruby hasn't been in the role long enough for that consideration imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That is the business they are in. Actors come and go. Ruby hasn't been in the role long enough for that consideration imo.
    I'm not talking about a business consideration, but a personal one. The whole situation is a business decision, but this one aspect of it sounds at least partially personal. They want to respect someone they worked closely with, in other words, and seem to have accounted for that in their final decision. Is that really so unbelievable?

From what I've heard of the separation it was mutual enough to where I'd be surprised if there were personal considerations, but I think what's good for the show should take precedent over respecting Ruby at this point with her leaving the role.

I'm not talking about a business consideration, but a personal one. The whole situation is a business decision, but this one aspect of it sounds at least partially personal. They want to respect someone they worked closely with, in other words, and seem to have accounted for that in their final decision. Is that really so unbelievable?
    Unbelievable? No, but kind of weird. I mean, you don't have to go that far more logically for them to just shut the show down out of respect for Ruby Rose.

Yes because she's only been around for a single season. How close are the showrunners and producers are to this actress that they feel the character needs to be retired?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Man, if she was in the role for years, she created the character herself or she left due to more tragic circumstances, I would've been okay with it but she ditched.

And unfortunately, it isn't a situation like with first Charmed series where Prue's actress left. Kate Kane is the draw of the show for comic fans and integral to the plot so introducing some rando won't provide satisfaction. I wish Greg Whatever could see that.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Man, if she was in the role for years, she created the character herself or she left due to more tragic circumstances, I would've been okay with it but she ditched.

And unfortunately, it isn't a situation like with first Charmed series where Prue's actress left. Kate Kane is the draw of the show for comic fans and integral to the plot so introducing some rando won't provide satisfaction. I wish Greg Whatever could see that.
    Greg whatever is seeing this as a golden opportunity to leave his mark on the character. Can't be bound to the comic when there's no foundation for this new character.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Greg whatever is seeing this as a golden opportunity to leave his mark on the character. Can't be bound to the comic when there's no foundation for this new character.
    With that kind of thinking, I'm surprised Marc Guggenheim didn't come up with it.

Unbelievable? No, but kind of weird. I mean, you don't have to go that far more logically for them to just shut the show down out of respect for Ruby Rose.
    Except that makes no sense, because then you're talking about putting dozens of people (at least) out of work for no reason.

Besides locking Alice up for a few episodes at a time, this Kate didn’t even stay on long enough to have any real accomplishments under her utility belt. A very underwhelming choice on the cw’s part. Wouldn’t be surprised if this doesn’t get a third season.